PDA

View Full Version : Trainer stabbed at Pimlico

takeout
05-24-2006, 01:57 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/horseracing/bal-md.stab24may24,0,5023530.story?coll=bal-sports-horse

Murph
05-24-2006, 02:11 PM
A quote from the above story:

" The stabbing occurred three days after the 131st running of the Preakness Stakes in front of a record crowd of 118,402."

If these men are caught there will be plenty of witnesses to testify it appears.

Murph :D :D (sry, I couldn't resist.)

JustRalph
05-24-2006, 02:24 PM
somebody stick his name in a database and let's see what he has had running lately? Any big favs not show up?

Si2see
05-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Let me tell you, I always got somewhat upset at people saying Pimlico would not be open if it wasn't for the preakness because I am thinking that is one of our midatlantic tracks how can people say that.

After going there I fully understand why everyone was saying that. The neighborhood is nothing short of ghetto. I had to ride with my windows up, doors looked, and don't turn your head and look at people while you are riding through there. And this was when I first pulled up friday.

Saturday the most busy day there was a group of 6 of us in one mini van and we witnessed a guy try and scalp tickets, when the guy who was making the purchase pulled out his money the other guy snatched the money and took off running. 10 feet later the guy caught him did a jackie chan flying kick in the air, knocked him to the ground and when he got back up, the guy hit him squared upside the head and knocked him right back to the ground. Ended up the guy who knocked him down was an undercover police officer as two other undercovers moved in within 20 seconds and they threw him on the fence and read him his rights.

Inside was ok, nothing great, but I would definetly never go back unless it was a big event like the preakness. Jason

xfile
05-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Sounds a heck of a lot like someone who "mortgaged the farm" on Barbaro and can't pay up. :cool:

CryingForTheHorses
05-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Let me tell you, I always got somewhat upset at people saying Pimlico would not be open if it wasn't for the preakness because I am thinking that is one of our midatlantic tracks how can people say that.

After going there I fully understand why everyone was saying that. The neighborhood is nothing short of ghetto. I had to ride with my windows up, doors looked, and don't turn your head and look at people while you are riding through there. And this was when I first pulled up friday.

Saturday the most busy day there was a group of 6 of us in one mini van and we witnessed a guy try and scalp tickets, when the guy who was making the purchase pulled out his money the other guy snatched the money and took off running. 10 feet later the guy caught him did a jackie chan flying kick in the air, knocked him to the ground and when he got back up, the guy hit him squared upside the head and knocked him right back to the ground. Ended up the guy who knocked him down was an undercover police officer as two other undercovers moved in within 20 seconds and they threw him on the fence and read him his rights.

Inside was ok, nothing great, but I would definetly never go back unless it was a big event like the preakness. Jason

Geeze, That sounds like a everyday occurance here in South Florida!!

Si2see
05-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Is it really that bad there Tom ? Jason

Zman179
05-24-2006, 04:54 PM
After going there I fully understand why everyone was saying that. The neighborhood is nothing short of ghetto.

Short my a**. Pimlico is in the middle of the ghetto.
It's true, if it wasn't for the Preakness, Pimlico's grandstand would've been scrap metal by now.

Two Bucks To Win
05-24-2006, 04:55 PM
If Pimlico ever burned down in the middle of the night it would be no loss at all.

Si2see
05-24-2006, 04:59 PM
That is what I am saying. I agree 100% now after been there for the weekend.

CryingForTheHorses
05-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Is it really that bad there Tom ? Jason

Calder is a great place Jason,Very clean. I was talking about Miami in general. We do have a very seedy ghetto around N Miami but the area around the track and football stadium is pretty good.