PDA

View Full Version : Fridays Double at the Spa

Suff
08-16-2002, 04:31 AM
Good Value on the double today... If I can Nail it... Wide open race...Lots of factors to consider... Gonna Base my Pick on the "Distance" Factor... and that brings me to the 1,3 and 7... Truly a legend, Miss Cap and Princess Legacy....All three have been trying to make a living at Longer furlongs at one point... and just missing.. Now they Shorten up a Furlong....the 1 and 3 have had cracks at the distance and missed,,, The 7 has'nt and on that basis,,, and her Running lines,, she gets my Pick... add that on top of... Three straight Good breaks,, three straight rising Beyers... Walden/Day...High Beyer in the field.. Good Post for her running style and the distance.. Paid $125,00 for her... Makes her worth $50 bucks to me... $25.00 to win on the 7 Princess Legacy.

Rcae two... Funky race.. kind of a group of Misfits... No one here really has found a level they can compete consistently at...I'm sticking with the distance theme here and taking a shot at the the two "one mean Cat"... I'm throwing out his mile in the mud at Monmouth... I'm going to give "EXTRA" credit for winning a 7 furlong at Belmont from the two hole... to me that puts this horse in the CLM 50K area.. so I like him at this level... 12-1 M/L insures Value....

So I'm gonna play $20 dollar double 7-2... and a five dollar back up play... 7-7 double

Race 1.. 25 win on 7... 20 double 7-2..5 double 7-7

rrbauer
08-16-2002, 12:01 PM
Muddy and Soft at Saratoga. Not my cup of tea so I get a morning off!! Hope you hit 'em a lick, Sufferin.

Boris
08-16-2002, 12:11 PM
You open to another take? Hard to argue with your keying of the 7 in the first. Lots of slanted type in those PPs. While there certainly has been value in playing this horse in her past races, albeit unsuccessfully for those that did, I see her as the favorite today with the #8 Adversity out. With the track starting to give those who are not close up a chance to win, I’ll take a swing on a couple of price plays. Mud may change everything.

When the gate pops, I see the 1, 3, and 7 to the front. The key here, IMO, is the #2 will tuck in right behind the #1 and we end up with two rows of horses heading toward the turn. Day will have to stay forward and the trip takes care of the favorite. Doubt the #3 can duel all the way home being flipped back in 7 days and don’t think the #1 has the gas either. So if I get that part of the race right, I’m looking to the second flight for the winner.

I can make a case for #2 Promenade On In, but easier to see her completing a trifecta than leading one. Had absolutely no chance in her debut from the 10 hole on inner. 8/4 work gets her a check if it were her last race and the 8/11 breeze is the sharpest of this bunch. I believe she will benefit from the trip and will outrun what should be lofty odds. Show betters born on Feb 2nd will be pleasantly surprised. #4 Honorable Peace cost a ton and was held back for the SPA, but I’m gonna give her a race as this is a tough spot for a FTSer. #5 Trick Taker looks like a must use as McLaughin is having a dandy meet. Mig stays put and trainer can successfully bring them off the layoff. Was not embarrassed when sent off at 20-1 in her last after folding under a similar pace scenario 2 back. I expect improvement today and she’ll be my key. #6 Goldtown Beauty’s PPs look very similar to #5 so it’s hard to say I’m betting the #5 and leaving out the #6. The big difference is GB improved 7L in a slower race and TT improved 14L in a faster race. That’s a big tie breaker for me. Can’t bet em all, even if I can talk about them all, so I’m leaving her out.

With you on the 2 and 7 in the 2nd, but I gotta throw in the #6 Elegant Performer even though Asmussen is stinking up the SPA Triple Crown nominated dud may have found his level, and triple deadly Asmussen claim/layoff/blinks is in play. As much cabbage as I have burned on Steve at the SPA I’ll be damned if I’m jumping off here. Where the hell is D Meche in this race? He is riding in the 5th.

$3 Doubles in first 5 w/ 2,5,6,7 (5 in the 2nd? Carlos Martin 9-3-2-0 in the meet and the horse gets in light with slop experience.) And 2,5 w/ 7. In first, $20 win on 5 and $20 to show on #2 and might as well box em in exacta instead of a value meal lunch.

Good Luck

Boris
08-16-2002, 05:19 PM
Nice score there Sufferin.

Suff
08-16-2002, 05:29 PM
I'm phone and bookie betting right now or else I would had the tri in the second. I called in the bets I said on my lunch 1/2 hour and made 65 bucks for my .50 cents......