PDA

View Full Version : Another Democrat Crook Caught

JustRalph
05-22-2006, 08:10 AM
This thread is in response to one previously posted........this story has been out there for two days now..........and our resident news service has ignored it.........more info at the link below...............

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12903856/

"A congressman under investigation for bribery was caught on videotape accepting $100,000 in $100 bills from an FBI informant whose conversations with the lawmaker also were recorded, according to a court document released Sunday. Agents later found the cash hidden in his freezer.

At one audiotaped meeting, Rep. William Jefferson, D-La., chuckles about writing in code to keep secret what the government contends was his corrupt role in getting his children a cut of a communications company’s deal for work in Africa.

As Jefferson and the informant passed notes about what percentage the lawmaker’s family might receive, the congressman “began laughing and said, ‘All these damn notes we’re writing to each other as if we’re talking, as if the FBI is watching,”’ according to the affidavit."

Tom
05-22-2006, 09:08 AM
Gee, I wonder why the resident news hawks failed to keep us informed about THIS one? They always say they are just posting to keep us aware of things?

JustRalph
05-22-2006, 09:58 AM
I can't wait to see the tape..............of this guy taking the big bucks.

Reminds me of the immortal words of Mayor Marion Barry, uttered on his FBI tape............

"I'll be God Damned! The bitch Set me up!! ""

ljb
05-22-2006, 10:08 AM
Good job Ralph,
Another reason to get that book I had mentioned in another thread. These damn crooked politicians must be rooted out. All of them !

Ponyplayr
05-22-2006, 11:14 AM
This thread is in response to one previously posted........this story has been out there for two days now..........and our resident news service has ignored it.........more info at the link below...............

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12903856/

"A congressman under investigation for bribery was caught on videotape accepting $100,000 in $100 bills from an FBI informant whose conversations with the lawmaker also were recorded, according to a court document released Sunday. Agents later found the cash hidden in his freezer.

At one audiotaped meeting, Rep. William Jefferson, D-La., chuckles about writing in code to keep secret what the government contends was his corrupt role in getting his children a cut of a communications company’s deal for work in Africa.

As Jefferson and the informant passed notes about what percentage the lawmaker’s family might receive, the congressman “began laughing and said, ‘All these damn notes we’re writing to each other as if we’re talking, as if the FBI is watching,”’ according to the affidavit."
A typical Louisiana politician. With people like this in the state how can they blame Bush for Katrina? Or give these crooked Bast**** money to rebuild? :bang: :bang:

Tom
05-22-2006, 11:22 AM
Good job Ralph,
Another reason to get that book I had mentioned in another thread. These damn crooked politicians must be rooted out. All of them !

All part of the Master Plan, ljb - first, we VOTED out the big ones, not we are ROOTING out the smaller fish!

Secretariat
05-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Excellent post JR. I am in favor of any crooked politician who belies the public trust and spends our tax dollars in an abusive way being thrown out and put in jail. I'm happy to throw Jefferson out and incarcerated. Just as Delay, Cunningham, Ney and half the Congress should be (well, Cunningham already has been).

And as to the Executive Branch...well, there's not enough room in this thread to go into their abuses.

I've no problem with Dems being convicted, and I hope this means you feel the same way about Repubs now.

Tom
05-22-2006, 06:25 PM
Sec,
It would be easier to put bars around the entire capital buidling and then investigate to find HONEST ones! :lol:

kenwoodallpromos
05-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Sec,
It would be easier to put ***bars around the entire capital buidling*** and then investigate to find HONEST ones! :lol:
Oh, THOSE kind of bars! LOL!!
Not the ones the Kennedys go to now?!!

Tom
05-22-2006, 11:22 PM
Ken....:lol::lol:

You pop opn a beer and that sound draws a Kennedy to your house, like a cat with the can opener.

Richard
05-23-2006, 06:32 AM
Huey and Earl K. Long can easy now.The torch has been passed.

skate
05-23-2006, 01:00 PM
ya. teddy gives drinking a bad name. gees...

but hey, if this Jefferson guy is anywhere close to what the reports are saying...
hey, we got a "crook-dumb". and i think somebody is starting a new Party.
and i bet, he gets the votes.

oh yeh, a, "it looks like a set - up". cause, aint nobody this slow, give him room.