PDA

View Full Version : ray taulbot's pace computer

Speed Figure
08-15-2002, 12:24 PM
Does anyone use the pace computer software?:rolleyes:

BIG HIT
08-16-2002, 11:03 AM
Hi spd fig yes i bought it and was disappointed.Frist i thought the trainer angle's were the one's he talk's about in magazine there not.The pace with angle wasn't all that all though raw pace was at best ok.Don't even use it now as i use program's that use tsn .050 file's instead of the $1.00 bris file's which is the only file's the pace calulator use.But this is only my opion you may have better luck.You have to buy a program that fit's your style.My self i use propace and equisim both are excellent and good people to help you. GOOD LUCK

Lefty
08-16-2002, 12:34 PM
As I remember, you can use TSN files in Pace Calculator prgm by renaming them. But even though Taulbot was a pioneer his calculator has been superseded by better prgms.

Speed Figure
08-16-2002, 02:31 PM
I use fast capper 2002 but i also would like to try the speed handicapper program by charles carroll.

The pace computer takes the pace of the race not the pace of the horse so if a horse comes from a race with a fast pace that was :44.2 and he was 6 lengths off that pace his pace rating will higher than a horse that was on the lead in :44.4 and i don't like that kind of angle. :cool:

Speed Figure
08-16-2002, 05:17 PM
Big hit thanks for that infro.i was looking at equisim but that's a big price to pay,is it that good and what does it do.what is propace?

I have never used the pace computer before would you like to sell it and for how much.

Lefty
08-16-2002, 09:20 PM
Speed Fig, you are right, the calculator does take pace of race; however, Taulbot always advised against using a race where the horse was beaten more than 5 lengths.

Speed Figure
08-16-2002, 10:47 PM
Yo! lefty what type of program do you use?

Lefty
08-17-2002, 01:20 AM
HSH, Equisim, and Focus 2000.

Speed Figure
08-17-2002, 02:17 AM
Lefty have you ever used race animate from cynthia publishing.i think it works with easy capper and all-in-one.

BIG HIT
08-17-2002, 09:30 AM
HI if those program's are a little steep for you.There is another program that rate's right up there with rest go to joe zambuto's website starting price is $20.00 and go's up to$100 plus dollar's he is another guy who is on the up and up.
And his program is good just have not got around to buying it.You probally can get the pace and other add on's for less than you pay for the pace calculator and it is most likely better.No i have not thought about selling the pace calculator and don't no exactly where i put it LOL.Maybe some buddy can put joe's link up so you can check it out.But remenber all these program's are just tool to aid you in your handicapping.

wes
08-17-2002, 11:59 AM
http://www.jzambuto.com

Here is Joe's web address.

wes

Lefty
08-17-2002, 12:07 PM
No, have not used race animate as all it does is show you how race comes out via the fractions the prgm uses. Equisim does the same thing in the race simulator and there's no extra charge as it's in the prgm.
I also have Zambuto's prgm and feel it's a lot for the price. Just haven't had time to do much with it except look at the computer picks and try to match em with Equisim and Focus. So many prgms, so little time...

Myhorse1_X
08-18-2002, 09:34 AM
Speed Figure:

I found that Joe Zambuto's program did OK, the learning curve to use it was very lengthy. It was difficult to understand all the commands to operate the program.

However, I found a lot of programs take a lot of time to understand. The Equisim program is a lot for the buck and the support is excellent, with new developments all the time. Version 3.5 is now available with more advanced features that before.

Any program that is worth buying is going to cost some $$$$. but if you can afford to gamble, you might as well do it with good software. I am a user of Equisim.

MyHorse1

JimG
08-18-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Myhorse1
Speed Figure:

IAny program that is worth buying is going to cost some $$$$. but if you can afford to gamble, you might as well do it with good software. I am a user of Equisim.

MyHorse1

Myhorse1:

Interesting. Do you still use your own program? Or have you converted to Equisim exclusively?

Jim

Speed Figure
08-18-2002, 11:50 PM
I thank all you guys for your information and input on this subject. :cool:

zieglerjw
08-19-2002, 12:35 PM
Myhorse 1: Would you pass alomg some of your ideas on how you use ES I have ver.3.0 and looking forward to 3.5.....thanks