PDA

View Full Version : Barbaro Conspiracy Theory

Dark Star
05-21-2006, 12:33 AM
Theory arises from suspicion and possibility of wrong doing, the more evidence that is put forth, the more likely that the theory is a probability

In similar fashion to the events of 9-11, where we were told to accept a certain version of events, we are being led in the same direction here

And why not, what happened is very acceptable and believable in the world of horse racing

But suspicion arises whenever there is big money involved, several years after the 9-11 attacks we were brought out of the dark and fingers were pointed at certain individuals who profited greatly from the disaster that occured that day.

Who would stand to benefit the most in this case...could Barbaro have been the victim, he was after all at the peak of his value financially, this is where the theory arises.

After all, we have already seen our greats victimized in the past for the purposes of greed...Alysheba was murdered for insurance money, Ferdinand was sold to foreign interests, hacked into little pieces and served for dinner, so why then could it not be possible for yet another peculiar incident involving a great racehorse.

Bad step, yeah i saw it, i also saw him burst through the gate, and i saw planes fly into the World Trade Center, and bombs detonating before they collapsed

The fact that he burst through the gate should make people suspicious, i compare it to the unusual stock market trading pattern that took place just prior to 9-11 involving companies like Boeing and American Airlines

It is odd to see a horse burst through the gate, but the oddness is multiplied greatly when that horse completely breaks down a few short minutes later

Could Barbaro have been tampered with, and was he trying to give us a sign by crashing through the gate, horses cannot speak, but they can communicate

When you group all these odd occurences and the fact that so much money was bet on him, we're talking around 90% of the total pools, you really have to consider the fact that there may have been something funny involved, and somebody stood to gain a fortune

I am not a horse murderer and not an expert in the area, but i am sure that there are many ways to bring on such a break down in an animal

The damage is done, we can't change the past, but lets try to keep an open mind about this situation

I'm sure many will not even consider what i wrote a possibility, but i have seen many suspicious things in my day, and the more i see, the less i believe they are just coincidence

Another thing that adds suspicion here is the fact that most breakdowns occur when a horse is physically strained or spent, Barbaro was completely fresh, the gate just opened

All things to consider

JustRalph
05-21-2006, 12:37 AM
You ever heard the term "Moonbat" ?

If this is an attempt at humor......... I don't subscribe.............and i doubt many others will either...............

Dark Star
05-21-2006, 12:39 AM
I can assure you, if i made any attempt at humour, you'd be in hysterics

Just pointing out some things that aroused my suspicion with regards to the race, that is all

AwolAtPA
05-21-2006, 12:50 AM
every time SOMETHING goes bad in a race

SOMEBODY cries ...where are the crooks?

I disagree and accept Barbaro's mishap as part of the reality of horse races. (PERIOD)

and, hope that Barbaro has a successful surgery and healthy recovery.

duane

BeatTheChalk
05-21-2006, 12:53 AM
Ready ...
On or Off the Meds tonite ? :bang: :D :cool: :jump: :lol: And didnt you win the Derby back in
oh darn ..50's sometime.

Dark Star
05-21-2006, 12:55 AM
First of all, i bet on Bernardini, and for a substantial amount of cash

Had this happened to him, i would not at all have been suspicious

But since it happened to the high profile favourite carrying a truckload of money on his back, yeah, i am a bit suspicious

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2006, 01:47 AM
Before this gets too far out of hand, allow me to introduce you to Occam's razor.

Read about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor

At this point in time, especially with NO EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY, it is absolutely a waste of time to entertain thoughts such as this....however.....

DON'T YOU THINK A HORSE WHO WAS "TAMPERED" WITH AND CAPABLE OF BREAKING DOWN MOMENTS AFTER THE START WOULD SHOW SOME SIGN OF INJURY AND DISTRESS PRIOR TO THE RACE?

I've only been watching races for 20 years, but all I saw in the post parade was a horse ON HIS TOES, looking like a heavyweight prize-fighter ready to RUMBLE! All the stuff I've read and seen over these 20 years told me Barbaro looked like a million bucks prior to getting into the starting gate.

Don't you think a horse who was the victim of your "conspiracy theory" and essentially already HOBBLED sometime prior to coming out into public view (this would have to occur even before he was saddled) would be showing serious signs of injury and distress before he ever reached the starting gate?

If Barbaro was tampered with as you postulate, he wouldn't have had to go so far as to crash through the gate prior to the start to get our attention, as you say. The easiest thing for him to do WOULD HAVE BEEN TO LIMP LIKE A LAME DUCK IN THE POST PARADE. Didn't see any of that, did we?

Dark Star
05-21-2006, 02:03 AM
You make some valid points PA, i'll give you that, but i too have been in this business for 20+ years, and have seen some strange things

Consider this

What if you program a bomb to detonate when the car reaches 50MPH, you've seen it in movies i know

Imagine an athlete has a strained hamstring, he can run normally, but when he hits full sprint, the hamstring tears, this is from my own experience, i had this happen to me

It is possible that this was exactly the case with Barbaro, specific comments were made, and i quote:"Barbaro warmed up more than any other horse", just prior to the race, this is peculiar

It is possible that the injury was triggered when the horse hit a certain speed, and that is when the injury occured, just as he was hitting his stride, it might have gone unoticed as he was warming up jogging because less physical strain was involved

It's not beyond the realm of possibility

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2006, 02:14 AM
It is possible that the injury was triggered when the horse hit a certain speed, and that is when the injury occured, just as he was hitting his stride, it might have gone unoticed as he was warming up jogging because less physical strain was involved

It's not beyond the realm of possibility

Of course it's not beyond the realm of possibility. It's also something that can easily occur on its own, with no human intervention or foul-play necessary.

There are a million things that can occur that will make a horse take a funny step. Sometimes, horses take funny steps and don't hurt themselves enough to break down. Witness War Emblem at the start of the Belmont Stakes.

Just think how easily human athletes sprain their ankles playing basketball or football, or a baseball player hits the base the wrong way and turns his ankle. Same thing in this case. Only the equine leg is a lot more fragile than the human leg, and a simple sprain can quickly turn into a calamity as the horse continues to run on the injury.

I haven't watched the replay of the Preakness because quite honestly, I have no desire to at the moment. From what I can remember watching the race live, wasn't Barbaro getting into some traffic trouble right before he injured himself? Perhaps he clipped heels, got shoved, did some shoving himself......I do remember him bouncing around in a pocket of horses right before he got hurt.

And as far as conspiracy theories go, always remember one thing. It's in the racetrack's and the state's best financial interest to have the favorite win. They make more on breakage when that happens, as they have to pay out on LOTS and LOTS of individual tickets, all subject to the breakage. When a longshot wins, they pay out on a much smaller amount of tickets, and therefore collect a lot less in breakage.

bigmack
05-21-2006, 02:14 AM
I can assure you, if i made any attempt at humour, you'd be in hysterics

Just pointing out some things that aroused my suspicion with regards to the race, that is all

I can assure you that you've made an attempt at humor or "humour" and it's not all that funny although the photo leaves some some to be in hysterics.
http://www.wccoradio.com/pages/3448.php?

KirisClown
05-21-2006, 02:23 AM
Alysheba was murdered for insurance money

Alysheba is at stud in Saudi Arabia....

Alydar was the one murdered..

Dark Star
05-21-2006, 02:31 AM
Alysheba is at stud in Saudi Arabia....

Alydar was the one murdered..

Yup

Love that video, Louis Quatorze was my Triple Crown horse that one year, much to the amusement of my buds after he dogged in the Derby, but nobody was laughing after the Preakness, except for me

Dark Star
05-21-2006, 02:45 AM
One of the first things that came to mind as i was thinking about this was a story on American Justice regarding "Alydar's" murder

About how the original plan was to make it look like an accident, as if the horse had injured himself while running

It was also reported that Alydar had broken through his stall just prior to his death

All of these little coincidental factors contributed to my thinking that there might be more than meets the eye here

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2006, 02:49 AM
One of the first things that came to mind as i was thinking about this was a story on American Justice regarding "Alydar's" murder

About how the original plan was to make it look like an accident, as if the horse had injured himself while running

It was also reported that Alydar had broken through his stall just prior to his death

All of these little coincidental factors contributed to my thinking that there might be more than meets the eye here

Dude, I'm on the verge of killing this thread and booting you out of here....so chill out "Mr. New Poster". You're making absolutely no sense, and you're starting to irritate me. As the admin here, I feel it is my duty to warn you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

If you feel you must continue on with this absurd notion of yours, I suggest you start your own website, hunt for the "real killers" (so to speak), and let the world know when you have your proof.

MNslappy
05-21-2006, 03:02 AM
I can assure you that you've made an attempt at humor or "humour" and it's not all that funny although the photo leaves some some to be in hysterics.
http://www.wccoradio.com/pages/3448.php?

This can't be the same guy.....can't be.....

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2006, 03:03 AM
It's not the same guy.

Dark Star
05-21-2006, 03:17 AM
No, i'm not that guy

What exactly is it that upsets people about the possibility that greed could have been responsible for what happened to Barbaro in the Preakness

His owners Lael Stables have sold every other decent horse they have ever had in the past to Arab interests predominantly, so money obviously plays a huge role in their decision making

"Booted off"

That's funny, don't make me get out my boots, just chill out, i respect the fact that this is your forum, but you're not god, your views are not the law in horsy land

I'm trying to make some valid points about money coming into play, you are trying to rebut them, i can handle it, why cant you, no need to spazz out

You have taken the stance that there is no possibility of foul play being involved, i don't agree, i think there are things that need to be looked at closer

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2006, 03:25 AM
That's funny, don't make me get out my boots, just chill out, i respect the fact that this is your forum, but you're not god, your views are not the law in horsy land

I'm trying to make some valid points about money coming into play, you are trying to rebut them, i can handle it, why cant you, no need to spazz out

You have taken the stance that there is no possibility of foul play being involved, i don't agree, i think there are things that need to be looked at closer

One more time, for you, then I close this thread:

VALID POINTS? WHAT VALID POINTS HAVE YOU MADE? You have made NOT ONE VALID POINT and you have presented not ONE SHRED OF EVIDENCE TO BACK UP ANY OF THE OUTRAGEOUS ACCUSATIONS you have so feebly made in this thread.

Now I am starting to get bored. And like any good program director, I have to take a stand against boring, repetitive material.

Dark Star
05-21-2006, 03:33 AM
When they bust soccer referees for match fixing, what evidence do they have, do they see them standing in line at the Bookie waiting to dump on the game, no

They go by suspicion, what proof do you have that my theory is wrong, i could ask you

That's not how it works

I'm saying that some strange things happened today at the Preakness, and that is 100% true, and that arouses suspicion, at least in my mind, and probably in other people's minds as well

By locking this thread you will be exhibiting the traits of a dictator whose only concern is to enforce his own views upon everyone

Dark Star
05-21-2006, 03:43 AM
In the days to come, you will hear more about this anyway, as people try to figure out what happened exactly

Yeah he took a bad step, but he also strangely burst through a gate

Don't worry, many people will be curious within the industry

Hopefully he can recover well

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2006, 03:45 AM
Here we go....if there was a formula for trolls, you would be the base model.

Here is the formula:

Mix one NEW POSTER
Add a dash of IN YOUR FACE multiple postings with CATCHY and PROVACATIVE titles
Spice it up with a few choice cries of CENSORSHIP or DICTATOR or "YOU'RE NOT GOD"
Finally, and this is the big kicker --- STIR THE POT
Have I got the formula down by now after 7 years? I think so....

If I were dumb enough to let this go on further, I believe it inevitable that we arrive at the "SECRET INGREDIENT" of troll making, and that would be the point where Dark Star accuses *ME* of being personally connected to this "Barbaro Conspiracy".....and by locking this thread I am showing the world my guilt.....