PDA

View Full Version : Artie Moneyburner

toetoe
05-20-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm glad DrugS made money off this guy in the BC, but he may never win again. He couldn't beat Dreadnought for second after hobby-horse fractions! To the breeding shed with him, posthaste.

KirisClown
05-21-2006, 03:16 AM
Way too early to give up on him... Keeneland was a joke, Gomez cost him... Today was somewhat reminiscent of last year when he lost to Cool Conductor in the same race. He'll rebound...

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4475/dixie0514os.jpg

toetoe
05-21-2006, 04:44 AM
Maybe I'm being rash, but GG was abusing him with a clear stretch lead, and they looked like losers well before the wire.

Valuist
05-22-2006, 10:02 AM
He's a nice horse but definitely overrated. He had a good trip in the BC Mile last year and Leroidesanimaux had a rough trip and still almost won. And the filly Gorella also could've won if she had clear running. He's good but too hyped.

rrbauer
05-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Maybe I'm being rash, but GG was abusing him with a clear stretch lead, and they looked like losers well before the wire.

Not sure what "abusing him" means. This is one tough customer to ride. If you watch a replay of Saturday's race notice how freely he is running until he makes the lead. Then it's like he stiffens up and is waiting for other horses, not wanting to go on. When Gomez gets after him it's because he isn't giving his all. Same deal in the KEE race. Recall when he won the BC race he got to the lead very close to the finish.

All of that said, I agree that he is a moneyburner! And a head-case!!

GMB@BP
05-22-2006, 01:47 PM
artie shiller is such an overrated horse. he has immense talent yet needs a perfect senario to win. that much is obvious after having soft perfect trips in this race the past two years yet finding a way to lose.

RXB
05-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Really? I see a horse who runs a good race almost every time, won the BC Mile, has been a good horse at 2, 3, and 4, and now has been handed a pair of narrow defeats as a 5YO.

He's not a great horse, but he's definitely good, he's consistent, he's held his form for going on three years. We could use a lot more horses like Artie Schiller.

GMB@BP
05-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Really? I see a horse who runs a good race almost every time, won the BC Mile, has been a good horse at 2, 3, and 4, and now has been handed a pair of narrow defeats as a 5YO.

He's not a great horse, but he's definitely good, he's consistent, he's held his form for going on three years. We could use a lot more horses like Artie Schiller.

I dont disagree with anything you said..........but he is still overrated. He has the talent to win alot more then 10 out of 20 races, and definately looking at the odds he goes off at he has been expected to beat his competition on a more regular basis.

RXB
05-22-2006, 02:04 PM
I'm pretty sure that if you had bet $2 on Artie in every race that he's ran, you'd be ahead of the game.

Further, horses do not burn money. Bettors burn money.

blind squirrel
05-22-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm glad DrugS made money off this guy in the BC, but he may never win again. He couldn't beat Dreadnought for second after hobby-horse fractions! To the breeding shed with him, posthaste.

he's a miler.....the race at PIMLICO was a furlong to far.

GMB@BP
05-22-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm pretty sure that if you had bet $2 on Artie in every race that he's ran, you'd be ahead of the game.

Further, horses do not burn money. Bettors burn money.

he is still overrated, and compared to really good milers he is way down the list.

I am sure I would be up, but not much.

GMB@BP
05-22-2006, 02:12 PM

yea but good milers can be expected to stretch one more furlong, 10 furlongs would be the point that I would expect a drop off.

artie has to have a fast pace and a target to run at against good horses, he can win in that senario when he is much the best but anything less he has proven a horse like cool conducter can beat him on the square.

RXB
05-22-2006, 02:13 PM
I've never heard anybody claim that Artie Schiller was one of the great all-time grass milers. Please, find me anyone who says he's one of the best ever.

BTW, take the rabbit out of the Dixie and Artie probably wins.

And, Artie's 9f record is just fine.

GMB@BP
05-22-2006, 02:27 PM
I've never heard anybody claim that Artie Schiller was one of the great all-time grass milers. Please, find me anyone who says he's one of the best ever.

BTW, take the rabbit out of the Dixie and Artie probably wins.

And, Artie's 9f record is just fine.

there are people that think he is a great grass miler, he certainly gets bet like it.........

RXB
05-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Find me a quote that says "Artie Schiller is one of the greatest grass milers in history."

If they thought he was great, they wouldn't have let him go at 7/1 in the BC Mile. So now, you have the typical post-BC-victory overreaction. It's not the horse's fault.

rrbauer
05-22-2006, 09:38 PM

What's his record at 9 furlongs on grass? Counting Saturday, 7 starts - 4 wins - 2 seconds - 1 third.

witchdoctor
05-22-2006, 10:09 PM
His record at Pimlico now is 0 wins in 3 tries,

KirisClown
05-23-2006, 12:23 AM
He won the Woodlawn Stakes at Pimlico back in 04...

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2397/woodlawn3ak.jpg

alysheba88
05-23-2006, 09:09 AM
Dont really understand this thread.

I have not heard one single person (fan, writer, whoever) say this was an all time great horse. So dont follow the overrated discussion or comparisons to Lure. All I have seen is people commend him for being a real hard knocker who runs well just about every time out. With most of his starts in top company. He ran well at 3 and 4 and is now running at 5 when most horses are long retired. Seems to me we should appreciate horses like this.

DanG
05-23-2006, 09:22 AM

I have not heard one single person (fan, writer, whoever) say this was an all time great horse. So dont follow the overrated discussion or comparisons to Lure. All I have seen is people commend him for being a real hard knocker who runs well just about every time out. With most of his starts in top company. He ran well at 3 and 4 and is now running at 5 when most horses are long retired. Seems to me we should appreciate horses like this.

Here ~ Here...

Well said!:ThmbUp:

blind squirrel
05-23-2006, 09:45 AM

i think this thread should be renamed "the horse i singled in the pick
4 sucked thread"

GMB@BP
05-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Find me a quote that says "Artie Schiller is one of the greatest grass milers in history."

If they thought he was great, they wouldn't have let him go at 7/1 in the BC Mile. So now, you have the typical post-BC-victory overreaction. It's not the horse's fault.

i thought he was 5/2 in the mile? he has run in it more then once....heck lure was like 7/1 in the mile.

GMB@BP
05-23-2006, 11:07 AM

call me crazy, i think any horse who goes odds on most of the time, and losses a great deal.......is overrated. i am sorry that offends the artie fans its just the way i see it. i felt the same way about a horse like perfect drift.

alysheba88
05-23-2006, 11:22 AM
If you go by the public than Seabiscuit was overrated.

In regard to last year's Mile, he won at 5-1 he beat the "unbeatable" Leroidesamimeax who Southern Californians were hyping, as only they can, the horse for horse of the year

There is no comparison between this horse and Perfect Drift. Comparing a horse who wins 50% of the time to PD? Cmon now be fair at least

toetoe
05-23-2006, 01:06 PM
50% lifetime, but will he ever win again?

Weird fractions in the Pimlico race. He was near a hobby-horse pace, he cleared in the stretch, and then he was run down by two horses that ran the final furlong in about 11 seconds flat. :confused:

alysheba88
05-23-2006, 01:58 PM
toe toe, 11 seconds for a last furlong, at a distance race is incredibly fast. Not like he lost to a chump, the winner did win the BC Turf.