PDA

View Full Version : Preakness

joeyspicks
05-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Hi ALL

Another "big" day!

Well my derby pick ( Sweetnorthernsaint) had a lot of excuses (bad ride, etc)
but even with all the excuses I really dont think he would have beat Barbaro on that day. Barbaro ran lights out (yes....with a perfect trip). He was flat out best on derby day. Once again I pick a longshot that gets 2nd....with absolutly nothing to show for it:lol: ...... such is racing!

Today: well Barbaro "looks" tough....but EVERYONE knows that....but at 1-1 or less ? ? ? Dont think so. (For all those who dont think odds matter....what are you thinking?......."price" always matters).

Im sticking with #7 Sweetnorthernsaint to win. Kent cannot give a ride as bad as the derby and Sweet shouldnt get bumped around as much

7/ 5-6-8

(or Brother Derek on top 5/6-7-8)

#8 Bernardini is the wild card and could finish in the top 3 (hoping so)

Either way would be fine. Not a big betting race ( like the Derby...I lay low)

Of course it would be great for racing to have Barbaro have another dominant win......think of all the touts who "told ya so":lol:

Have a good day,

Enjoy the moment.

God bless,

Joe

joeyspicks
05-20-2006, 06:34 PM
sad sad and sad

hit the perfecta $171 .....would be glad to give it back....to change the injury to Barbaro. Not a good feeling. I'm donating my winnings today ($520+) to the horse fund. I've always hated ANY time a horse goes down....even in your mid-week claimer at Suffolk. I've left the track many times after some fool cheers when a favorite went down....allowing "his" horse to win.

kenwoodallpromos
05-20-2006, 06:59 PM
The winner seemed to have much more left the BD or SNS.