View Full Version : Study: Alligators Dangerous No Matter How Drunk You Are

Dave Schwartz
05-19-2006, 10:16 AM
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/48203

Very funny stuff.

Tom
05-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Pretty good stuff, Dave :D

When I was in Florida, there was this little roadside bar and grill, I gues in the Everglades - this long road through swamp land. WE took air boat rides just a mile from there.
There was a parking lot with ropes forming a walk area to the front porch. Signs on it cleary stated - "People Eat Inside...Gators Eat HERE!" and one had a pic of a gator on it and the caption was "Go Ahead...Make THIER Day!"

CryingForTheHorses
05-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Living here in South Florida, I have come to have a very healthy respect for these Gators, With the way they have been chewing up people and killing them as recently as last week, I stay away from any type of waterway here. These guys arent only in the swamps, They show up in your swimming pool,sewers,canals,lakes and even shopping malls.They can charge you as fast as a race horse surprising you as they attack.People think its cute to tease and feed them..That is untill they become the lunch.

Tom
05-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Tom - right on about the pools.
The folks I stayed with told me absolutely do not jump in the pool without checking first. And when I went to the Kennedy Space Center, gators were strolling about on sidewalks out front!

What is going on down there lately - never heard so much trouble with gators.

BTW, you don't have any crocs do you? Just gators?

Ponyplayr
05-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Tom...People feed them and they loose their fear of humans. Not a smart thing to do. Those gators are everywhere down here. And yes there are crocks here but not that many, most have escaped from private farms.

Dave Schwartz
05-19-2006, 10:36 PM
I was raised in the Miramar/Hollywood area. When I was eleven I brought a 3 1/2' alligator home and put it in our swimming pool for safe keeping while I called the local ranger. (He had crawled out of a local canal and someone was about to beat him to death with a shovel.)

What a great place it was to live back then. Haven't been back since 1976.

Dave