PDA

View Full Version : Preakness Spam

Dark Star
05-19-2006, 05:37 AM
This is probably considered spam, but i'm not really interested in driving traffic to my site, since it is not even completed, i just want to share a system i have and my Preakness analysis that i put up on this one page

http://www.thebettingsystem.com/horseracing.html

I won't get into the specifics of how things work, but i wouldn't mind some witnesses

If i go off, you are all welcome to razz me, just make sure the race results are official first

ryesteve
05-19-2006, 08:12 AM
This might be the greatest system of all time, but if you're right on Barbaro, it's not exactly going to be a big shock.

I'm more interested in your ad links at the bottom where you're saying that VIP pays out at track odds plus 10%. Where did you get THAT from???

Dark Star
05-19-2006, 10:31 AM
Thank you for pointing that out, i did not know they stopped doing that, i used to bet the horses there and remembered the track odds + 10%

Also noticed the capping on bets, something i don't approve of, so i got rid of em

Feel free to point out any other good places to bet the horses, i just use Pinnacle and the track, but Bodog looks decent enough

The system picks

1-Barbaro
2-Bernardini
3-Like Now

Which should be a decent payout if it hits

I will take Bernardini WPS because of the value, i can't bet even money shots

I also think Bernardini is better with added distance and has good enough early speed, Barbaro has tactical speed and good acceleration, Like Now is gonna be in front when they hit the stretch and Gomez will work those hands to stretch him out to a top 3 finish, the other 2 Derby horses, SNS and BD gave their best on Derby Day and are probably a bit spent, i'll look past 3-1 and 4-1 and take the fresher horses at 8-1 and 12-1 to knock em off

PaceAdvantage
05-19-2006, 11:00 PM
This is probably considered spam, but i'm not really interested in driving traffic to my site, since it is not even completed, i just want to share a system i have and my Preakness analysis that i put up on this one page

:lol:

Thanks for the laugh. Not completed yet, but you did think enough to have an order form on the home page. No wonder I am having a much harder time then I thought getting advertising on my site. People just come here and post their ads for free!

Duh! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Dark Star
05-20-2006, 12:20 AM
I guess this is your place Pace Advantage ?

Glad you enjoyed my site

When i did the site, it was for the purpose of running my system on various sporting events, not just horses

But as more people became interested and demand to run the system on every single game, i just completely nixed the idea, now i'm stuck with the funky domain name, but am too lazy to spend hours a day going through every game, no matter how much money is involved, it's a pain in the ass to do

So i only do major events now and e-mail to my base of customers, not looking to expand, and not sure which direction to go with it

Hardly consider myself a one man tout operation, but if it would make you feel better, i can dig up old e-mails where i advised people to bet Florida at 34-1 to win the NCAA tourney, and Pit to win the Super Bowl at 50-1...i took those bets myself and have screenshots of them from my account

The system is about finding value, not always winning, and that's what it does, nothing fraudulent about it, when i bet Pit they were 7-5 in December, coming off a loss, normally a 15-1 shot throughout the year, their odds jumped to 50-1 after that game, so i bet them and advised others to do the same, i didn't think they would win it all at the time, but they did

With the horses it's a bit more tricky, because you are unable to hedge and salvage some funds like you can with sports, but the basis is the same, you are looking for value, it won't win everytime but will payoff over the long run

For this race, the Preakness, the numbers show Barbaro on top, even after you factor in his short odds, but they also show the tandem of Bernardini and Like Now having more value than the tandem of Sweetnorthernsaint and Brother Derek...i just bet Bernardini at odds of 18-1 at Betfair...the logic is this...if you take a horse with the form of Bernardini in a race like this and bet him, he will win more than 1 out of 18 times

P.S.

If it makes you feel better i can throw a link back to your site from one of mine, i got a whole bunch of them

I was just using that one page, you weren't supposed to visit the home page and critique the site

I'm still trying to get more proof that the system is as good as i think it is, it does make money, but also sometimes lets me down without any explanation, so i'm trying to perfect it

We will see what happens tomorrow with the race anyway

But i'm not trying to solicit new customers, from my years at the track i know that gamblers always bet what they think will hit, they are stubborn that way, so trying to sell em a system is like trying to find a virgin in a whorehouse, and besides that, i wouldn't sell a winning system, i'm just testing it out here with your resident experts as witnesses, hopefully i can gather some insight as to how to improve it along the way...i was never selling a system, just some picks made by it, but will be stopping that too

My poker site is on page 1 of Google, so i am a rich boy now, i really can't be bothered with the daily handicapping routine, but i will do something with that site, possibly listing positive betting trends for each sport, other tips, etc...something that won't require a lot of work and frequent updating...although i do still enjoy betting, it's the satisfaction of winning and not the actual payout that matters to me.

If you have any ideas, do share

Or if you have a system of your own i can add it in the appropriate section, maybe save you some advertising bucks

Take care