PDA

View Full Version : If Barbaro LOSES in Preakness...

Shamin2nd
05-19-2006, 12:56 AM
I say he DOESN'T

kenwoodallpromos
05-19-2006, 03:57 AM
They will find other grade 1's for him to race in.

JackS
05-19-2006, 04:59 AM
I say he might ,he might not. I want to see some odds. I'll probably play against him assuming he will be overbet. Might use lightly as a saver in the last P3.

Walter
05-19-2006, 06:19 AM
The Betfair oddds are not much use for you guys in the U.S. but they are Barbaro 1.83, Sweetnorthernsaint 7.4 and Brother Derek 5, Shirley there more than 3 horses in it.

Valuist
05-19-2006, 10:14 AM
If he loses, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up pointing for the Secretariat on the lawn at AP.

Bruddah
05-19-2006, 10:36 AM
do you think facing older, more seasoned horses in the Million is in his capabilities?? Just wondering. I dont handicap grass races much, anymore. I lived in the Chicagoland area back in the early 80's and went to AP, Haw on the weekends. I saw the great runs/wins of John Henry in the Million and bet him hard. Loved the area, people, bars/restaurants and racing. This southern boy just couldn't adjust to the snow and cold. :)

Valuist
05-19-2006, 10:45 AM
But the Secretariat is a Gr. 1 also. He probably would be up to taking on his elders, but he wouldn't have to. Similar to Kitten's Joy two years ago. Barbaro won the Laurel Futurity on the grass by 8 lengths; you never see turf stakes won by margins like that. I'd love to see him try the Arc but I guess we may have to "settle" for the BC Classic :) . As long as he doesn't come up with a phantom injury like the top 3YOs the previous two years.

Great bars and restaurants around here but yes, the weather really sucks.

Walter
05-19-2006, 01:05 PM
I for one would be interested to see him run in the 'Arc' against one of the Japanese horses like 'Deep Impact' top rated Turf performer.

JPinMaryland
05-20-2006, 01:40 AM
NOw if he could take the Arc, that would be sublime. They would have to call it something special, the Super Dooper, Barbar-O-Looper, Quadruple-dooper, Feat... :jump:

RaceIsClosed
05-20-2006, 02:51 AM
[QUOTE= I saw the great runs/wins of John Henry in the Million and bet him hard. [/QUOTE]

Did you enjoy the 1-5 or whatever he paid?

Did you have him in 1982, when NBC declared The Bart the "official" winner of the race? (oops!)

How about when Peat Moss (former $10k claimer) lost by a head to him in the Jockey Club Gold Cup?

Bruddah
05-20-2006, 09:39 AM
I did have him both times. I also, thought the Bart had won. But happily, he didn't. :jump: But did not play the Gold Cup, sorry to say. Do I detect a bit of sarcasim.....Naaahhhh!! Surely Notttt! :) ;)