PDA

View Full Version : Ray Taulbot's Pace Calculator

Richard
06-08-2001, 07:01 AM
Recently,I've been using a device that's been around for awhile known as RAY TAULBOT'S PACE CALCULATOR.While I realize this device is not the Holy Grail to consistent profits,I have had,in my opinion,worthwhile success with it.Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?Would be worth my while to maintain the AMER-VAR variant process?Finally,can anyone tell me whether or not the computer version is superior to the old slide-rule version that I'm using?Any and all replies would be greatly appreciated.

Larry Hamilton
06-08-2001, 07:35 AM
Richard, years ago, I bought one of those too. In recent years, I was able to build a huge db and actually test it. Since it is slide ruler like, putting it's relationships and values in a program was easy. The results I got are not pretty. Let me put it this way, don't spend any more money or energy with it.

As I recall, months ago I made a similar post to some one in the Hot Talkers site and they got IRATE. So, maybe you can find someone over there who is having success with it in a way beyond my comprehension.

karlskorner
06-08-2001, 07:52 AM
Richard

Dr. Sartin wrote a 2 part article on the Pace Calculator

www.winsports.com/ATM/Atmfeat/pace1.com

for American Turf, you might check it out.

andicap
06-08-2001, 07:56 AM
That link seems to be a dead one.

andicap

karlskorner
06-08-2001, 09:12 AM
Andicap

Try

www.winsports.com/ATM/Atmfeat/jt/Takachart.htm

scroll down left side to ATM archives, 1/3 way down on that page

Rick Ransom
06-08-2001, 09:05 PM
I checked many of these things claimed by Sartin and found them to be false. He has no more credibility to me now that Phillips Racing Newsletter. I used to mistrust his associates as well, but I'm more likely now to believe what they say about the past. Just don't try to apply these things today. What worked 20 years ago doesn't work now, it just sells a lot of books.

Lefty
06-20-2001, 12:29 PM
I had one of these in 50's, 60's and best thing out there
(I think) for its time. But its time has come and gone and
its been superseded by many more sophistcated computer prgms.