PDA

View Full Version : Wed Saratoga...

Suff
08-13-2002, 01:13 PM
Lady Liberty wins race two... thats the easy half... Now I'm looking at 8, 3 year old Fillies trying to come up with a $18.00 dollar double...This is what I see...

Scott Lake is 0-24 at the meet.. he's spooked... I aint going near him until he gets a winner... Plus the 1 and 1A don't do much for me anyway..the 1A Sunshine America...Philly shipper gets Carrero and likes to run... I just think talent wise she's a notch below most of these ...Gonna pass

Her entry mate Skirt.. Has run her best on Off Track... expect a firm dry surface tommorrow.. her 76 last out beyer piques my interest,, But again.. thats was in the slop.. so I'm passing... Scott Lake,,, carrero and Luzzi.. all having bad meets...

#2 Belmont Blues... Surface switch...Trainer hitting with 24% with runners of this type...Needs to improve and Just might...Probably in a tad over her head with this group.

#3 Jo Dinah... Probable favorite... I don;t see 6F being her ideal distance.. 7 Fur or a mile perhaps...Horse does'nt run well she's not out near the front and she'll have her hands full in the first 1/4 from this group... Gets Prado.. who suddenly is on Baileys heels for riding title

#4 .... 8 starts as a two year old.. Coming back on 7 days,, Trainer is 40% with these right back types.. Day Sticks... another who needs to be a whisker near the front to get interested... Has faced tougher..and I expect her to get the lead here from the 4 hole...Very erractic with 30 and 40 point swings in Beyers... she's got all four of wins at 6 furlonngs.. 4 wins from six starts at the distance.. Shows an 84 beyer high at the distance..(most of these run 60's at the distance) Looked very impressive in last... I like the 4 "I will surivive" Right back....

$50.00 win
$50.00 Double-- 4 and 1

#5 Cooper Song... another who needs to be out front..She'll be heard from... But looks to me she has nothing to offer in the stretch

$6 Senate Caucus.... 90??? in five loss's... thats the combined number of lenghths she's lossed by... an average losing Margin of 18 lengths a race...

#7 Ice Forest Probably the only real closer in here... can't see her stepping up two or three notchs to close on this group...

#8 Grindstone... 0 for 12 at the distance.. Has faced tougher and I see her getting a piece today

I see it... 4-8-2

rrbauer
08-13-2002, 02:37 PM
You mean Wednesday, right?

Bubbles
08-13-2002, 03:10 PM
Sufferin...

I totally agree on the second with Lady Liberty (and stablemate Ravish Me), BUT I've gotta disagree with the first. Here's my view on all of the horses...

1-While Luzzi is having a terrible meet, he really was, at least in my eyes, an overrated jockey. You can throw out the last two (First was a bounce, most recent was in the mud.); major player.

1A-Carrero is, for an apprentice, having a pretty good meet. This horse has run huge races at Philly Park, and if she repeats that form, look out.

2-All right. I see what you like in this horse. BUT those races were all at Churchill, and she hasn't exactly ran the hands off of the stopwatches in her Spa works; will pass.

3-Didn't run badly last out, but she does need to press the pace. Encouraged to see a few respectable Monmouth works after being based in Kentucky. Know she can handle East Coast tracks;good exotics play.

4-I see what you like in this horse, too. However, during her most recent start, a win here, she only ran 1:13 and 2/5 for six furlongs, which times out as eighth in this field.

5-Nothing here.

6-See 5.

7-This race sets up for a closer, and she's it. She goes turf to dirt, which is an interesting angle. She may get up for a minor award.

8-She drops down in class after two poor efforts (Bounce and mud.). This horse has faced tougher, and I see her as a very live longshot.

My picks...

1) $1 Exacta Box w/ 1,3, and 8.
2) $1 Daily Double w/ 1 and 8 (1st) and 1 and 3 (2nd)

I don't wager as much as you do, but you get the idea. Any questions?

rrbauer
08-14-2002, 05:53 AM
R2
I think that #1A Ravish Me is the better part of the entry because she has some tactical speed and has had the lead in the stretch. Both of the entry mates are really good at burning money! If 'Ravish were to scratch I wouldn't toss #3 Treasure Beach, 2nd Lasix and 2nd blinks and without 'Ravish could get the lead.

R1
The #4 'Survive wheels back in 6 days, gets off the rail and Pay Day stays. Walder (#3) is huge off the claim and has had some time to get this one ready and the #2 showed some stuff in its Mdn win and has had some rest. Parisella can move them up. Lake has the entry with the speed and is really salty right now. I'd let him beat me.

My doubles would be 4/3/2 with 1 (and 3 if 1A scratches).

Suff
08-14-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Bubbles

1) $1 Exacta Box w/ 1,3, and 8.
2) $1 Daily Double w/ 1 and 8 (1st) and 1 and 3 (2nd)

I don't wager as much as you do, but you get the idea. Any questions? [/B]

Well... I liked the 4, 8,2 and it came 3 7 5... I was close... :-O

I mean the race was easy to see as a speed duel.. so the pace I saw right... I guess I underestimated the wrong horses and over estimated the wrong horses... I'm surpised the Trip that the 3 was given...... I left the form at work... But I don't recall her ever coming from off the pace that way... I mean she came like Magic Weisner comes.... From downtown.....

also... I really thought it would take a low 111 to win this... and they ran a click under 113...

Quick fact on that 4.60 cent exacta in the 7th race... there were 121,651 thousand winning tickets (of course some people held more than one, but still?)