PDA

View Full Version : WORKOUT REPORTS

luckyguy
05-16-2006, 04:37 PM
on days when i wager a lot of money i take down one of the two workout services, (national turf vs. bris/tsn) it costs between $6-8 depending on the day of the week.

after using both i feel that one service is far superior to the other and was wondering if any others on the board utilize this tool and what their thoughts are?

blind squirrel
05-16-2006, 05:03 PM
i've used both,i play a lot of maiden races and the workout
reports help.you didn't say which report you liked better,
but i think the socal reports are given in greater detail.

luckyguy
05-16-2006, 06:05 PM
i was afraid to say a word, lest i be accused of "pimping" for the service! lol

rrbauer
05-17-2006, 08:30 AM
I am familar with both products, having purchased both and used both over many years. The product offered through BRIS has gone through a couple ownership changes, but as far as I know, it still features clocker Japhet Ward for their SoCal report. The problem with both of the SoCal products is that using a single clocker, at a single site, leaves a lot of works not covered. If SoCal is your primary focus I would suggest the workout info in the Racing Digest publication.

There was a time when "private" workout information was a useful and somewhat exclusive tool. Today, it's no longer "private" in the case of SoCal and where Maidens, FTS particularly, are involved, Mr. Tote Board will tell you if the people with the "know" have been speaking to the people with the "dough".

As for other racing circuits, I do know that the product sold thru BRIS, has had a problem keeping clockers from one season to the next. However, that said, I have caught some nice prices on horses that got good workout comments in both their NY and KY publications. As to consistency, since I don't play those circuits daily, I only have my spot-play experience to draw on.

These clocker reports are similar to the "sheet" products. Their biggest asset is their marketing prowess.

so.cal.fan
05-17-2006, 09:27 AM
I agree with rrbauer.
I think it's still $5 for a Today's Racing Digest. You get decent clocker reports for the day's card in that publication. Bruno DJ. and Harris.
Toby Turrell (you can purchase on track) is also pretty good.
I know people who get the more expensive services and they don't do any better than people who use the above from what I have seen.
I don't think any other areas but So. Cal. get this good of information, for this kind of price. However, if one had good information in areas where the majority of the public doesn't, I suppose you would have a real edge.

Turfday
05-17-2006, 10:07 AM
nm