PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar Monday (8/12)

rrbauer
08-12-2002, 04:47 PM
Del Mar 8/12/02
Nothing really gets my blood pounding in here today!

R1
Bella Drive is working well and runs well fresh.

R2
Avenue of Rich’s should be forwardly placed and Reluctant Hero will be coming late.

R3
Well I like the bottom three! Daddy’s Gold, Davis Eyes and Nicole’s Pursuit.

R4
Grand Coolee looks the best of those that have started. Takeonefortheteam has some quick works, but Assinessi is not big with the firsters.

R5
I flat don’t know!

R6
Misanello probably won’t get the soft splits today, so I’m looking at Fortifier to come along late off some rest and nice works.

R7
If you twist my arm, put a gun to my head and force me to pick one of these….big gun, mind you….Hot War!

R8
I hate these cheapies for low-level 3YO fillies that just can’t run.
I’ll try dutching a couple grinders: Emerald Dixie and Stylish Lady.

Go Baby Go!

rrbauer
08-12-2002, 08:52 PM
Del Mar 8/12/02
Nothing really gets my blood pounding in here today!

R1
(Bella Drive is working well and runs well fresh.) Result Déjà vu! Speed and the rail. Like Magic popped the gate and cleared. Sugar Free tracked inside. Bella Drive took back and went inside. Sugar Free collared Like Magic mid-stretch and drew out. Bella Drive along late for 3rd.

R2
(Avenue of Rich’s should be forwardly placed and Reluctant Hero will be coming late.) Result ‘Rich’s got the lead and took them into the stretch with Shuffling Kid and ‘Hero tracking. Sonoita was tracking inside behind ‘Rich’s and was best, but was trapped from mid-turn to mid-stretch and couldn’t get out soon enough to run down ‘Kid who got the nod by a long neck while being carried out by ‘Kid (stewards’ inquiry but no change). ‘Hero and ‘Rich’s dropped out in mid-stretch. Sonoita will be overbet next out.

R3
(Well I like the bottom three! Daddy’s Gold, Davis Eyes and Nicole’s Pursuit.) Result Davis Eyes took them to deep stretch. Nicole’s Pursuit tracked outside and ran on well. In spite of Daisyago’s problems (waited for room coming off turn), Daddy’s Gold blocked from the 3/8 to deep stretch, had even more. Put this one on your HTW! Definitely 2nd best. ‘Eyes got 2nd. ‘Nicole 3rd and ‘Daddy 4th. Fortunately I had a handful of exacta’s to offset my losing dutch win bets.

R4
(Grand Coolee looks the best of those that have started. Takeonefortheteam has some quick works, but Assinessi is not big with the firsters.) Result ’Coolee (8/5) best by a head after those two ding-donged from the 3/8th pole. Tough one to lose for the 6/5 fav ‘team.

R5
(I flat don’t know!) Result Lennyfromalibu…like I said, “Don’t know the guy.”

R6
(Misanello probably won’t get the soft splits today, so I’m looking at Fortifier to come along late off some rest and nice works.) Result The way the track is playing Big Team Spirit (14-1) is not really a surprise (No I didn’t have it!). P Val got going and ran them off their feet. Misanello as predicted doesn’t like to have to work for the lead and backed out after ½ mile. Fortifier was bet down to 3-1 fav but didn’t fire. B. T. Gotrich (3rd) improved off the drop.

R7
(If you twist my arm, put a gun to my head and force me to pick one of these….big gun, mind you….Hot War!) Result Oh baby. Where was that big gun last race? Hot War went to the lead; put Memo to Mike away before the turn and took care of Modernist about the 1/8th pole. Black Bart came along for 2nd but never could reach the leader. Hot War paid $6 to win. I have doubles working to my 8th race duet.

R8
(I hate these cheapies for low-level 3YO fillies that just can’t run.
I’ll try dutching a couple grinders: Emerald Dixie and Stylish Lady.)
Just whistlin’ Dixie now baby! Trevor had a bad call in this one. Totally missed Dixie (creamed at the break) running on the rail until mid-stretch, then about the time she made the lead he called her “as the danger”. Anyway ‘Dixie brought home the $117 double three times and I had the exacta with the bet-down Grade Nine who took the overland route to the lead on the turn. $7500+ P4 makes me sick!

Tomorrow’s a day off. (Yard work!)