PDA

View Full Version : Sad day for the libs......

Tom
05-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Tonight, the West Wing comes to an end. The show started at the end of the Clinton era, most likely as a means for the libs to live vicarioulsy through the out years for their party. The show ends with a fantasy - a third straight dem term in the WH! (:D)

They even used the show to extend the last election by two extra years - just to give them the illusion of a winning campaign (:D)

Ironically, the new dem prez had to admitt he didn't know his ass from Taiwan and had to hire the repub to be his SS.:lol:

But the show is over, cancelled by a POLL! The one that said nobody care - nobody is watching.

As a prelude to tonight's series finale, Al Gore was on SNL last night and lost a debate about GW to the ditzy blond bimbo!

*sigh* live for demlibs will never be the same.

ljb
05-14-2006, 12:29 PM
It was fiction Tom, get over it.

JustRalph
05-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Martin Sheen and Geena Davis are both out of work.......what does that tell you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

lsbets
05-14-2006, 02:46 PM
Martin Sheen and Geena Davis are both out of work.......what does that tell you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did the Hillary show get cancelled? Shows how much attention I pay to TV. Sunday nights on HBO and Mondays on Fox are all that matter.

chickenhead
05-14-2006, 02:55 PM
outside of HBO on Sunday, we had two shows..West Wing was one of 'em. TV was bleak enough, now it's even worse.

Tom
05-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Tuesday - Denny Crane!

Indulto
05-14-2006, 04:03 PM
outside of HBO on Sunday, we had two shows..West Wing was one of 'em. TV was bleak enough, now it's even worse.I seldom watch TV anymore. It doesn't have a keyboard attached.

Ponyplayr
05-14-2006, 04:10 PM
Tuesday - Denny Crane!Who is Denny Crane?
What channel is he on?

Tom
05-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Who is Denny Crane?
What channel is he on?

Boston Legal - Denny Crane is William Shatner - playing a hilarious lawyer who has never lost a case. James Spader plays and very funny lawyer and Murphy Brown (Candice Bergan) is a partner - very funny show.

NoDayJob
05-14-2006, 05:17 PM
:lol: If it ain't the Discovery, History or the Cartoon channels I'm not watching. :lol:

Ponyplayr
05-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Boston Legal - Denny Crane is William Shatner - playing a hilarious lawyer who has never lost a case. James Spader plays and very funny lawyer and Murphy Brown (Candice Bergan) is a partner - very funny show.
I'll have to watch it..I love Candice Bergan!

kenwoodallpromos
05-14-2006, 06:56 PM
If I want to watch a show with an extreme liberal viewpoint I will watch CSI Las Vegas where the actors pretend every perverted victim or suspect is doing something normal!!

Dave Schwartz
05-14-2006, 08:32 PM
I love West Wing! Never have I seen a bunch of democrats act so much like republicans. <G>

I will miss it as much as I missed Sports Night when it went away.

I guess that is what comes from being in the "We don't give a crap about your opinions anymore" age group.

(You know... You fill out a survey and it asks for your age... 18-24, 25-30, 31-40, 41-49, above... The "above" category translates to "We really don't care what you think because you are too smart to buy from our advertisers anyway.)

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Tom
05-14-2006, 10:48 PM
Dave,
I liked the WW too - it was one of my favorites, until they did a three season election line. GOD, who can take that much campaiging?
And both Arnie and Santos were both so unbelievable - talking about morals, fairness, ethics...c'mon....that's not how elections are in real life! And you never saw a cartoon posted on the show!:bang:

What they needed was a Karl Rove type to spice it up - my vote was for Arvin Sloan from Alias!