PDA

View Full Version : Where is Pletcher?

linrom1
05-14-2006, 11:25 AM
So far during first 10 days of racing at Bel, Todd Pletcher has entered only 16 horses. Is this his normal? At GP his horses were facing CRC shippers and at Kee the main competition came from TAM shippers, so I was hoping for Todd's "bomb out" meet ar BEL, but, he's nowhere to be found.

DJofSD
05-14-2006, 12:58 PM
To the familiar tune:

Where is Pletcher, where is Pletcher?
Jock Ramon, jock Ramon?
Starting gates are springing, starting gates are springing
Ding Ding Dong, Ding, Ding Dong.

TravisVOX
05-14-2006, 01:01 PM
Pletcher might be in refresh mode before rounding his steeds back into form for the Spa?

Steve 'StatMan'
05-14-2006, 01:02 PM
I've seen entries for him at CD. Imagine he has others elsewhere.

PaceAdvantage
05-14-2006, 05:45 PM
You know, the wise ass posts aren't welcomed here. They are a waste of time. If you have proof of wrongdoing, then POST IT. If not, SHUT UP.

I will now relax and await the requisite reply from Indulto asking if I have a personal relationship with Todd Pletcher. :rolleyes:

All these clowns who think they KNOW just who is cheating should be busy writing and calling the New York State Racing and Wagering Board and/or the Stewards at the NYRA tracks. All you have to do to reach the stewards and report your proof is dial this number on any race day:

516-488-6000 and ask to speak to any of the 3 stewards.

And again, make sure you follow that up with a letter or call to the NYSRWB to make sure nothing "falls through the cracks."

To go one step further, I recommend also contacting the editors of some of the major racing publications, such as DRF, Blood Horse, Thoroughbred Times, as well as the NY daileys such as The New York Times, The Daily News, Newsday.....Don't forget ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Real Sports with Bryant Gumble, etc. etc.

I'm sure they'd all be interested giving your story the attention that it so richly deserves.....

cj
05-14-2006, 06:15 PM
To go one step further, I recommend also contacting the editors of some of the major racing publications, such as DRF, Blood Horse, Thoroughbred Times, as well as the NY daileys such as The New York Times, The Daily News, Newsday.....Don't forget ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Real Sports with Bryant Gumble, etc. etc.

I'm sure they'd all be interested giving your story the attention that it so richly deserves.....

I get your point, but please, don't lump the racing press in with real journalists. The only way we hear about it in DRF, BH, or TT is if it is broken somewhere else first, and then it would probably take a few days extra.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-14-2006, 06:16 PM
He just won the 10th at CD, with Minefield, a KY bred 2yo first starter. MSW, purse $50,000. Paid $7.60 $4.00 $3.60

PaceAdvantage
05-14-2006, 06:26 PM
I get your point, but please, don't lump the racing press in with real journalists. The only way we hear about it in DRF, BH, or TT is if it is broken somewhere else first, and then it would probably take a few days extra.

Point taken.

Let me clear one thing up. I don't want anyone coming away from my posts here with the idea that I am some naive idiot who thinks cheating trainers and doped horses are rarities in our sport. I know full well that the cheats and dopers are out there (trainers, vets AND owners all play a role) and that they will break the rules any and every chance they get....

I am of the belief that a lot of this misdirected anger and suspicion would be best aimed at the officials in charge of making sure horse racing is conducted on an even playing field. Even if you don't have concrete proof of wrongdoing, it wouldn't hurt if these officials started hearing more from horseplayers directly.

NTRA, where are you?

Steve 'StatMan'
05-14-2006, 06:26 PM
In the PPS, Pletcher's recent record at CD was 18: 8-4-3, a 44% clip. This win makes him at least 19:9-4-3 pending other results.

kenwoodallpromos
05-14-2006, 06:28 PM
http://www.tlorehorses.com/trainers/pletcher/index_new.cfm?page=brisnet
_
Todd Pletcher is exactly where he was when someone posted this awhile back- Pletcher is on his own website with current entries, results, etc. listed. I guess you can email him if you like.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-14-2006, 06:54 PM
Pletcher had a winner on both Sat & Sun at Monmouth, which opened this weekend.

Valuist
05-15-2006, 10:38 AM
The guy has divisions at Bel, Churchill, Mth and Delaware. Anybody who watched CD on Derby week knew exactly where he was: usually in the CD winner's circle.

toetoe
05-17-2006, 12:13 PM
PA,

As a confirmed wiseass, I must say linrom was apparently being straight, not sarcastic.

Okay, I hate to be so serious. Now, let me address the "naive idiot" question. The good news is that we don't consider you to be naive. :D

Ron
05-17-2006, 01:14 PM
I was a little shocked by PA's response.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Perhaps an offensive post was removed early, but not at the begining of the thread. Threads on certain trainers (Pletcher, Lukas, Dutrow family among others) tend to be lightning rods.

linrom1
05-17-2006, 09:49 PM
From one wise guy to another, and to clear some members confusion, a fellow capper whose post had been removed, has kindly informed me(us) that Todd's renowned Vet was given a well earned vacation in the Tropics.:lol: So that is the reason for Todd’s perplexed absence from the Belmont meet? Thus regretfully we're not going to be offered a chance to pounce on his entries there. But, that is not preventing Todd from exploiting some other weaker opportunities in the Kentucky where other fellow trainers like Dale Romans have also shown a knack for winning. Apparently, all Vets in Kentucky must be also on vacations since CD can't find any for hire. :lol:

PaceAdvantage
05-18-2006, 04:29 AM
Perhaps an offensive post was removed early, but not at the begining of the thread. Threads on certain trainers (Pletcher, Lukas, Dutrow family among others) tend to be lightning rods.

They were the typical wise ass comments implying wrongdoing without offering the required proof to warrant such an accusation.

I see now that my response absent these deleted posts makes the thread a bit confusing, and may serve to paint me as some sort of madman....lol

PaceAdvantage
05-18-2006, 04:30 AM
From one wise guy to another, and to clear some members confusion, a fellow capper whose post had been removed, has kindly informed me(us) that Todd's renowned Vet was given a well earned vacation in the Tropics.:lol: So that is the reason for Todd’s perplexed absence from the Belmont meet? Thus regretfully we're not going to be offered a chance to pounce on his entries there. But, that is not preventing Todd from exploiting some other weaker opportunities in the Kentucky where other fellow trainers like Dale Romans have also shown a knack for winning. Apparently, all Vets in Kentucky must be also on vacations since CD can't find any for hire. :lol:

Who is Todd's renowned Vet and how do you know his whereabouts?

As for the Kentucky Vet situation, that was cleared up months ago....where ya' been?

toetoe
05-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Maybe the vet re-upped? As to the idea of PA as a madman? Naaaah ... well, actually, I'll get back to you on that. :D