PDA

View Full Version : Rove Indicted ?

hcap
05-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Karl Rove Indicted on Charges of Perjury, Lying to Investigators
By Jason Leopold
t r u t h o u t | Report

Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald spent more than half a day Friday at the offices of Patton Boggs, the law firm representing Karl Rove.

During the course of that meeting, Fitzgerald served attorneys for former Deputy White House Chief of Staff Karl Rove with an indictment charging the embattled White House official with perjury and lying to investigators related to his role in the CIA leak case, and instructed one of the attorneys to tell Rove that he has 24 hours to get his affairs in order, high level sources with direct knowledge of the meeting said Saturday morning.

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/051306W.shtml

Leopold is usually ahead of other journalists.
Let's see

ljb
05-14-2006, 09:00 AM
And this link points at Cheney ?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060514/ts_nm/bush_leak_cheney_dc_1
It is getting hard to tell one crook from the other anymore amongst the repugs. :lol:
Like I said, Bush will have to give a blanket pardon to ALL. ;)

hcap
05-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Crooks galore. We all pretty much agree politicians should be kept on a lease.
These guys are the worst.

Maybe some confirmation on Roves' indictment??

http://waynemadsenreport.com/

"May 13, 2006 -- Yesterday afternoon, WMR was staked out at the E. Barrett Prettyman Federal Courthouse in Washington awaiting any developments in the CIA leak case. A little after noon, a large motorcade consisting of black and one green SUV, several police cars and police motorcycles sped into the street behind the courthouse. Two SUVs split from the motorcade and quickly dashed into the underground parking garage. Several personal security officers were spotted on guard in the annex of the courthouse where the CIA leak case grand jury was meeting. Although there is no final confirmation that the motorcade was that of Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, there is every indication that he spent approximately a little under 30 minutes in the courthouse.

Last October, Gonzales made a similar trip to the courthouse on a Friday to hear the decision of the grand jury investigating Vice President Dick Cheney's Chief of Staff I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby. The Attorney General's appearance at the grand jury is a formality and there is an opportunity for him to pose questions to the jury. After last October's visit to the grand jury, Gonzales informed the White House that Libby was to be indicted. One week later, Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald delivered a five count indictment against Libby."

lsbets
05-14-2006, 10:36 AM
ljb - what criminal acts does your link show Cheney committing? Oh yeah, none, it says he read an article and took notes.

He might be indicted, but if it were imminent, I would think that some credible news outlet might have picked up on it, especially given how there is a faction in the CIA that loves to leak anything they think might undermine the democratically elected government of our nation. For now, I read this story with skepticism, but get a good laugh out of your reactions.

If you guys want to go after a real criminal, go after Mary McCarthy, the Aldrich Ames of this decade. She and all her cohorts should go to jail for life (and its pretty interesting who some of her cohorts are). Oh sure, you like what she did, so even though she has been a part of a group of unelected officials in the intelligence community trying to undermine the democratically elected government of our nation you don't mind. She can break all the laws she wants and leak anything she wants about current operations, but its okay, you'll call her a whistleblower (even though she hasn't blown the whistle on anything illegal). I think JR has a word for that he's used here a few times.

Tom
05-14-2006, 11:32 AM
Where was that indictment handed down again.....surprisng little mention of it in the news.:confused:

ljb
05-14-2006, 12:23 PM
ljb - what criminal acts does your link show Cheney committing? Oh yeah, none, it says he read an article and took notes.

He might be indicted, but if it were imminent, I would think that some credible news outlet might have picked up on it, especially given how there is a faction in the CIA that loves to leak anything they think might undermine the democratically elected government of our nation. For now, I read this story with skepticism, but get a good laugh out of your reactions.

If you guys want to go after a real criminal, go after Mary McCarthy, the Aldrich Ames of this decade. She and all her cohorts should go to jail for life (and its pretty interesting who some of her cohorts are). Oh sure, you like what she did, so even though she has been a part of a group of unelected officials in the intelligence community trying to undermine the democratically elected government of our nation you don't mind. She can break all the laws she wants and leak anything she wants about current operations, but its okay, you'll call her a whistleblower (even though she hasn't blown the whistle on anything illegal). I think JR has a word for that he's used here a few times.

I just posted a link. You are the one with the reactions. :D

ljb
05-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Where was that indictment handed down again.....surprisng little mention of it in the news.:confused:
Ok Tom,
And once the indictments are handed out we will be saying "he has not been found guilty" How is Delay doing any how ? anybody heard ? :lol:
You guys keep lowering the standard. but then what else can you do ?

JustRalph
05-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Duplicity!

I hope he gets indicted...........it might energize the base a little. We are sitting on our ass right now..............

Tom
05-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Ok Tom,
And once the indictments are handed out we will be saying "he has not been found guilty" How is Delay doing any how ? anybody heard ? :lol:
You guys keep lowering the standard. but then what else can you do ?

You are hard to figure, L...you whine that we tell the truth - indicted in NOT guilty - it is part of due process - which the repubs are the party of.
You think you have just had an orgasm everytime a righty gets busted - but sicne the righties control everything, it just proves they are doing thier jobs - weeding out crooks - no tlike there aren't any of the dems side, eh?
In fact, do a little research and see how many Clinton people served time in prinson during his reign - interest reading.
And Young Kennedy - clearly, putting the general public in jeopardy by driving drunk and high, and gets special treatment - nothing from your side. And not like that type of bad behaviour is not common to this clan of drunks, is it? I remeber a dead yuoung girl, perhaps still holding her last breath whilst Teddy boy was running home to put together a story to save is worhtless ass.

I have been against Delay and Rummy from the start - before even YOU guys found it so fashionable - so forgive me if I file your humor wher it belongs. Take all the pot shots you like, it dosen't faze most - shot from the insignificant are themsleves - insignificant.

Maybe your attitude has something to do with your party's lack of success in REAL polls. :lol:

Tom
05-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Duplicity!

I hope he gets indicted...........it might energize the base a little. We are sitting on our ass right now..............

The momentum of support and aid for the Minutemen may do just that - they area sending a loud message to the senate - complete with picutes. They are out there doing jobs the government won't do.
Can't wait to hear the nonsense Bush will come out with Monday night - as long as he shuts up by 9:00 - 24 holds far more interest fo rme that that nincompoop.

kenwoodallpromos
05-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Crooks galore. We all pretty much agree politicians should be kept on a lease.
I agree! And I think a month-to-month LEASE would be great!!LOL
LJB-My reaction to your post- :lol:

fastCow
05-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Duplicity!

definitely.

hcap
05-15-2006, 07:07 AM
Interview with Jason Leopold
The journalist breaking this story.

http://www.threetwoone.org/audio/leopold.mp3

hcap
05-15-2006, 07:32 AM
Denial

http://talkleft.com/new_archives/014841.html

Byron York: Corallo Denies Leopold's Rove Article

NRO's Byron York reports he spoke to Rove publicist Mark Corallo who stated unequivocally that Fitzgerald did not go to Robert Luskin's law office Friday or tell Luskin Rove has been indicted. He said Jason Leopold's article was false.

A few days will tell.

lsbets
05-15-2006, 03:19 PM
Hcap - curious about this guy (Leopold) who you say is usually ahead of other journalists. All I could find is that's he's been fired from 2 or 3 other jobs (including the LA Times and Salon) for writing stories that could not be verified and for threatening to do bodily harm to co-workers. What stories has he been out in front of everyone else?

I also read that Fitzgerald was in Chicago on Friday (and that would really mess up the story about him being in DC on Friday), but like everything else that could be rumor, although it was reported by a news organization with a bit more credibility than truthleftout.org

Another thing interesting is that the truthleftout.org guys are now saying that Rove was told he had 24 business hours to get his affairs in order, which would mean Wednesday, or if you counted lunch noon Thursday. Has anyone ever heard someone say they have 24 business hours instead of 3 days?

The story by Leopold and the follow ups by truthleftout seem rather odd. They're not fishing for Texas perch are they?

lsbets
05-17-2006, 07:43 AM
Where's the indictement? Its Wednesday now, hasn't 24 hours passed since Friday? :lol:

lsbets
05-18-2006, 12:36 AM
Hcap, thanks for the link to that truthout site. Its entertaining to read. Even better than KOS and DU. First it was Rove had 24 hours, then it was 24 business hours, then it was 24 business hours not including lunch (which I guess it tomorrow). Now their latest spin is that Rove knows, told the Whitehouse, they're letting him stay until Fitzgerald announces it, and Fitzgerald is going to announce it on his own timeframe whenever he feels like it.

I hate to tell you, but it really seems like your credible site that is out ahead of other journalists just made a story up hoping it would actually happen so they could make a name for themselves by getting the scoop. Since it didn't happen, they seem to be making even more stuff up to keep their tale going just in case it does happen, again hoping to make names for themselves by being way ahead of everyone else.

Is it normal for those guys to just make things up, or is this an anamoly?

hcap
05-18-2006, 07:36 AM
I agree. Leopold was wrong. Am I guilty of jumping the gun? Maybe my wishful thinking pulled the trigger. On the other hand, I still think Rove is going down.
Just a matter of time.

BTW, wha' happenned to the Iraqi General and stories from your compadres about those pesky WMDs shipped to Syria?
Did Leopold write those stories too. :lol: :lol:

lsbets
05-18-2006, 07:47 AM
I agree. Leopold was wrong. Am I guilty of jumping the gun? Maybe my wishful thinking pulled the trigger. On the other hand, I still think Rove is going down.
Just a matter of time.

BTW, wha' happenned to the Iraqi General and stories from your compadres about those pesky WMDs shipped to Syria?
Did Leopold write those stories too. :lol: :lol:

I have no idea where the Iraqi generals are, but I'm sure you could find an updateif you searched. I don't recall there being any deadline attached to those stories.

Oh, I'm not sure we agree. I'm not saying Leopold was wrong, I'm saying he made it up. You know, a real example of faux news, courtesy of truthout.

boxcar
05-19-2006, 12:43 AM
I agree. Leopold was wrong. Am I guilty of jumping the gun? Maybe my wishful thinking pulled the trigger. On the other hand, I still think Rove is going down.Just a matter of time.

In your case, 'cap, it would have been more apt and accurate to say, "I still FEEL Rove is going down."

While on the subject of "down", gotta wonder how many of you libs at this late date are still down in the dumps over no news of an imminent idictment?

Boxcar

Conservatives think. Liberals only feel they do.

skate
05-19-2006, 02:37 PM
hcap;

i breathing again, thanks.

it takes a real man to admit....

lsbets
06-13-2006, 07:52 AM
Its been pretty funny reading truthout since hcap first linked to their work of fiction. They've changed their story, made stuff up for why nothing they said would happen did, and the true believers over there ate it all up. I wonder what the reactions be, and how many truthies will see through the fraud that they fell for, which was followed by "give money to help support TO during these tough times."

JustRalph
06-13-2006, 08:52 AM
HCAP at dinner tonight..........

http://xs102.xs.to/xs102/06242/croweat2.png

lsbets
06-13-2006, 08:55 AM
Ralph - maybe you can serve grilled perch as a side? :lol:

Tom
06-13-2006, 10:21 AM
I'll have the grilled spotted owl! :eek:

dccprez
06-13-2006, 11:55 AM
I'll have the grilled spotted owl! :eek:

...wiht a side of clubbed baby seal and roasted bald eagle.

JustRalph
06-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Wow! It is quiet in here? You can barely hear the four horseman sniveling and hiding behind their monitors................

46zilzal
06-13-2006, 03:38 PM
Wow! It is quiet in here? You can barely hear the four horseman sniveling and hiding behind their monitors................
bigmack
06-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Not the first time JLeopold has faced difficulty in producing verifiable sources.
http://gnn.tv/articles/709/Media_Meltdown_The_Jason_Leopold_Saga

PaceAdvantage
06-13-2006, 06:33 PM

Remember, these are the same guys who thought Kerry was a lock....

46zilzal
06-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Rove mum on phone-jamming scandal

By John Distaso / Union Leader

MANCHESTER, NH -- Deputy White House Chief of Staff Karl Rove refused last night to talk about the 2002 Republican phone-jamming scandal that has led to the convictions of three GOP operatives.

Before speaking to about 500 activists at the New Hampshire Republican State Committee's annual dinner, Rove was asked by the New Hampshire Union Leader to comment on the operation, in which Democrats allege he may have had a role.

"Listen to my speech," Rove said. "It will be a good one for you." The speech was a defense of Bush administration economic and foreign policy and did not mention phone jamming.

Tom
06-13-2006, 07:22 PM
nya nya nya nya nya

JustRalph
06-14-2006, 09:14 AM
These are some quotes about Rove. These guys were all disappointed yesterday. Serves the Bastards right for going after the guy on their TV shows.

CONTESSA BREWER: We begin with breaking news out of the White House.

NATALIE MORALES: That's right. Presidential advisor Karl Rove will testify before the grand jury.

BOB KUR: It has been reported that Rove has been a source on the CIA leak story.

CHRIS MATTHEWS: Karl Rove, a figure in the CIA leak investigation, returns to the grand jury yet again.

BOB WOODRUFF: George, three times in front of a grand jury is fairly unusual.

WOLF BLITZER: Karl Rove is going to testify now for a fourth time before this grand jury.

MICHAEL ISIKOFF: This is a fourth grand jury appearance. That's extraordinary.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: To give him one last chance to talk his way out of a possible indictment.
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/record/archives/vol22/vol22_iss11/record2211.12c.gif

BILL WEIR: Rove has no guarantee that he won't be indicted in the case.

JEFF GREENFIELD: I think it's an old blues song, "If it weren't for bad news, I'd have to no news at all."

BOB SCHIEFFER: He's headed back to the grand jury --

GLORIA BORGER: They've been told he's not a target, but that doesn't mean he won't be indicted.

JIM LEHRER: Rove will testify with no guarantee against indictment.

ERICA HILL: There's no guarantee Rove will not be indicted

AARON BROWN: We're at a point in the not-too-distant future we're going to see Karl Rove with a raincoat over his head being perp-walked down the street in Washington?

CAFFERTY: Here's the question. What should Karl Rove do if he is indicted? He might want to get measured for one of those extra large orange jumpsuits, Wolf, because looking at old Karl, I'm not sure they'd be able to zip him into the regular sized one.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/images/2005/09/21/Jack-Cafferty-Delay.jpg

BLITZER: He's actually lost some weight. I think he's in pretty good shape.

CAFFERTY: Well, then maybe just the regular off the shelf large would handle it for him.

BLITZER: Yeah. But it's still a big if. It's still a big if.

CAFFERTY: I understand. I'm just hoping, you know. I love to see those kind of things happening. It does wonders for me.