PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Stamina Ratings

mudnturf
06-07-2001, 03:33 PM
For what it's worth, here are the Tomlinson Endurance (Stamina) Ratings for the nine entrants in the Belmont.
I say "for what it's worth" because we run so few races in this country at distances of 10 furlongs and more, that it's difficult to get a large enough sample for most of our sires, grandsires, and damsires to come up with as reliable a measure as we can for turf, and/or mud/slop. The ratings are usually more credible when a European horse is part of the pedigree since they run so many more longer routes in Europe than we do here.
That said, here's what I was able to come up with:

AP Valentine 400
Balto Star 285
Buckle Down Ben 280
Dollar Bill 250
Dr Greenfield 310
Invisible Ink 295
Monarchos 370
Point Given 300
Thunder Blitz 300

Again, these ratings are based on actual results of races run at distances of 10 furlongs and greater (on all surfaces) for the sires, grandsires, and damsires of the runners in question.
In last year's Belmont Stakes the first four finishers had the four highest Endurance ratings, not in precise order however.
Good luck to all!
Lee T.

ceejay
06-07-2001, 05:46 PM
Lee:

Thanks for posting these. Did DRF license your "distance" numbers? If so, do you know if are they planning to publish these regularly?

mudnturf
06-07-2001, 06:13 PM
The DRF DID contract for the Distance ratings as well.
The delay in publishing them is unclear.
However, I was told that they will be included in the near future.
Lee T.

John
06-07-2001, 06:41 PM
Thanks Lee.

The ratings are appreciated....

andicap
06-07-2001, 08:12 PM
Hey "Lee," good to hear from you again....Hope you drop by hear again....Not as much activity as I'd like but it blows hot and cold and there's no b.s.

Point Given looks tough to beat in the Belmont but the exacta is a toughie. Plodders don't win the Belmont but do they get up for place?

andy g

mudnturf
06-07-2001, 09:06 PM
Hi Andy,
Mark Cramer (now living in Paris) is betting that AP Valentine and Thunder Blitz beat Point Given and Monarchos. I like the way APV is coming up to this race, and that AP Indy blood gives me even more confidence that he can win this one.

P.S. I ran into some old "Prodigy" friends, John DaSilva and Debbie Kral, at Belmont last week.
What are you up to lately?
Lee T.

FortuneHunter
06-07-2001, 10:37 PM
Well, Andy if you look past the APV as a paceless horse, the next number is owned by Monarchos. I think the two favorites are legitimate. Somehow, I just don't see both of them in the money. Leaving us to decide which one will be there, this time. I will take Monarchos with a little help from the Tomlison Stamina figure.

Attached to this post is our Worksheet for the Belmont Stakes.

We give Invisible Ink a high Speed / Pace Figure, he has top connections and has been working well. What a story this horse is.

Balto Star has strong early pace and a money rider in Chris McCarron with good connections.

Must throw in APV with that nice Tomlinson Stamina number and good connections. Sharp works may help him stay in touch for the second half of the race.

Also will include the X factor in the European horse, the Dr. This is a calculated move by smart connections.

Straight Bets on #5 with a Triple PW 1,2,5 w/1,2,5,7,8 w/1,2,5,7,8.

Good Luck to all and enjoy the race.

P.S. Thanks to Lee T. for the numbers. It is much appreciated.