PDA

View Full Version : Best Derby Story

ponypro
05-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Heres a pretty good one. I am playing at home Saturday. I usually go out to the simulcast for the Derby but I decided not to fight the crowds. I crush the early pick 4 at CD. I feel one of those "zone" days coming on. My wife comes in my office because she hears me yelling a bit and she knows I either scored or lost in a photo. On my desk I have a St Josephs statue which was a veteran of a very difficult real estate sale. If any of you dont know about St Joseph and real estate do a search. Anyway I had a property that was killing me on the market for 3 months, bury St Joe , 3 offers in 3 days. OK he is a successful veteran, I keep him on my desk.
The wife picks up St Joe and starts to message my back with it. All is well in my world. She then proceeds to drop the statue on the tile floor. You guessed it. Now I have a headless St Joe and a headless baby Jesus. I turn pale. this is not good. I scramble for the super glue. I then proceed to put back Joseph and Jesus's heads. I go O-fer the rest of the day and did a round trip with my early winnings back to even.

Aint this a great game! :ThmbUp:

JPinMaryland
05-08-2006, 08:48 PM
I thought the one about Matz pulling the kids from the burning airplane was a little better but to each his own.

rrpic6
05-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Saw another good Derby story today. The Bartender at the local OTB shows me a Derby souvenier that has a picture of the 8 horse crossing the finish line. The only other numbers are 132 on the top for 132 Kentucky Derby. The tri is 8-13-2.

JustRalph
05-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Saw another good Derby story today. The Bartender at the local OTB shows me a Derby souvenier that has a picture of the 8 horse crossing the finish line. The only other numbers are 132 on the top for 132 Kentucky Derby. The tri is 8-13-2.

Rod Serling would be proud....................