PDA

View Full Version : George Washington wins 2000 Guineas

RobinFromIreland
05-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Very impressive performance, searing burst of speed 2f out to spreadeagle field, looks a very fast 3yo.

If you would like to see the race, go to www.racingpost.co.uk (http://www.racingpost.co.uk) (sign up for free a/c if you need to), go to results, newmarket 3.15, and watch race in full.

The horse himself is very quirky (refused to go to the winning enclosure today) but fast as lightning.

As a short note, and reading between the lines, Aidan O'Brien rates this horse as the best he's trained and Kieran Fallon says "I've never ridden anything like him" - he's the rider of Hurricane Run btw. Just so you know how early they knew this horse was the one, I was told last April (before his debut) by my Ballydoyle contact that GW would win the 2000 Guineas. A couple of weeks later I watched him finish 3rd on his racecourse debut - and dismissed that idea out of hand. Since then he's unbeaten including 3 G1s - didn't Secretariat get beaten on his debut too... ;)

cj
05-06-2006, 03:39 PM
They must love that name in the UK!

OTM Al
05-07-2006, 06:13 AM
Saw the race and he was very impressive. Looked for a long while that he was going to get jammed up behind tiring leaders, but when the hole opened up he just exploded through it. All props to Barbaro, but this guy may actually be the best 3yo in the world right now

witchdoctor
05-07-2006, 08:36 AM
With Barbaro beng bred to be a TURF horse, maybe the Jacksons might aim for the Arc. I would love to see Barbaro and George Wasington to go against each other.

OTM Al
05-07-2006, 11:29 AM
There was intially talk of aiming him at the Epsom Derby. It may be blasphemy but I would love for them to say forget the TC and go after a Kentucky Derby/Epsom Derby double. That would be an amazing and wholly unique occurance.