PDA

View Full Version : And this from the stable part of Iraq!

Secretariat
05-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Why have we spent a trillion for this?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060506/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

Iraqis Cheer Crash of British Helicopter
By BUSHRA JUHI, Associated Press Writer 12 minutes ago

BAGHDAD, Iraq - A British military helicopter crashed in Basra on Saturday, and Iraqis hurled stones at British troops and set fire to three armored vehicles that rushed to the scene. Clashes broke out between British troops and Shiite militias, police and witnesses said.

Police Capt. Mushtaq Khazim said the helicopter was apparently shot down in a residential district. He said the four-member crew was killed, but British officials would say only that there were "casualties."

British forces backed by armored vehicles rushed to the area but were met by a hail of stones from the crowd of at least 250 people, who jumped for joy and raised their fists as a plume of thick smoke rose into the air from the crash site.

The crowd set three British armored vehicles on fire, apparently with gasoline bombs and a rocket-propelled grenade, but the soldiers inside escaped unhurt, witnesses said.

British troops shot into the air trying to disperse the crowd, then shooting broke out between the British and Iraqi militiamen, Khazim said. At least four people, including a child, were killed and 31 wounded, he said. Two of the fatalities were adults shot by British troops while driving a car in the area, Khazim said.

The crowd chanted "we are all soldiers of al-Sayed," a reference to radical Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, an ardent foe of the presence of foreign troops in Iraq.

blind squirrel
05-06-2006, 12:22 PM
i just saw the video,very,very disturbing....BASRA was considered
an area that was making remarkable progress......i want to see what
kind of positive spin DICK CHENEY can put on this.."we will be welcomed
as liberators"...yeah,ok..

Tom
05-06-2006, 01:15 PM
So my idea, total destruction and take all the oil sounding better now?

Here's my plan - when a crowd like that cheers like that - missle strike the town and obliteratre it. Eventually, they will either "get it" or run out of towns.
Meanwhile - I WANT THE OIL

JustRalph
05-06-2006, 01:43 PM
This is why your side of aisle is accused of cheering for our defeat. Because you glom onto this type of event and exploit it for everything you can. It reveals your true character

lsbets
05-06-2006, 03:53 PM
This is why your side of aisle is accused of cheering for our defeat. Because you glom onto this type of event and exploit it for everything you can. It reveals your true character

Exactly my thoughts Ralph - sit around and root for something bad to happen. It might not be true, but that is how its perceived.

Secretariat
05-06-2006, 04:14 PM
JR and Isbets,

What an assine thing to say. 10 US soldiers dead today and we've got goddamned Iraqis cheering at a Britishj copter crash in what is supposed to be one of the most stable cities in Iraq. I gotta tell ya i'm sick of you impugning me for relating a story that illustrates the continued destabilization over there which any jackass could have seen going into it. Even staunch loyalist Colin Powell reported that the President ignored his advice to have more troops to stabilize the country. You guys want to make this about me posting article? I'm to blame? jesus, get a grip!

JustRalph
05-06-2006, 04:17 PM
JR and Isbets,

What an assine thing to say. 10 US soldiers dead today and we've got goddamned Iraqis cheering at a Britishj copter crash in what is supposed to be one of the most stable cities in Iraq. I gotta tell ya i'm sick of you impugning me for relating a story that illustrates the continued destabilization over there which any jackass could have seen going into it. Even staunch loyalist Colin Powell reported that the President ignored his advice to have more troops to stabilize the country. You guys want to make this about me posting article? I'm to blame? jesus, get a grip!

You are not a news service. We all can read it at ten thousand other sites that are legit news sites. You jump in here and post...........that is why it reveals your character. You just don't get it. Keep cheering for the bad guys so you can exploit it during an election or on the Demo underground etc......but you don't have to post it here............I notice you didn't jump right in and go after Ted kennedy's kid? Amazing how you choose your news to post...........

Secretariat
05-06-2006, 04:22 PM
You are not a news service. We all can read it at ten thousand other sites that are legit news sites. You jump in here and post...........that is why it reveals your character. You just don't get it. Keep cheering for the bad guys so you can exploit it during an election or on the Demo underground etc......but you don't have to post it here............I notice you didn't jump right in and go after Ted kennedy's kid? Amazing how you choose your news to post...........

Character? You wouldn't know the meaning of the word!

btw.. Tom is not a news service, and he posted the link on Ted Kennedy's kid. I notice that you had no objection to that posting. Is that good news in your opinion. Everyone could certainly read that. You're transparent.

Tom
05-06-2006, 05:35 PM
Some think I am the ONLY news service!
Denny Crane!

:lol:

lsbets
05-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Its not asinine, its accurate.