PDA

View Full Version : THE DARBY

BIG RED
05-06-2006, 07:14 AM
1 Jazil: Legitimate closer which may be for his advantage. Lightly raced and trainer is + in stakes. Downer is only one win and it was his maiden. Price should be up there, so using in exotics.

2 Steppenwolfer: Another legit closer but same problem, no stakes wins. A few people I know are high on this horse but I can't put him on the win end. Use in exotics

3 Keyed Entry: Will be out early with a bunch of others. Lightly raced and has a G2 win. Has a golden trainer in Pletcher but think is reaching a bit here. Think he will fade so have to toss.

BIG RED
05-06-2006, 07:24 AM
4 Sinister Minister: Blew himself out in last for the best in life. Can he repeat? I think he will burn up. I would toss but he has a certain angle play for graded stakes I always play. It got me War Emlem with a few others since the 80's. He also is one of few G1 winners. Saver to win and tail end of exotics.

5 Point Determined: Improved last race and should be ready to fire.No stake race wins but like how he is coming into race and also his #s. His line is very good for race ( Point Given/Thunder Gulch). Will use, but have to wait for race exactly how.

6 Showing Up: To much negative history to overcome. No 2yr races, etc etc.Toss

BIG RED
05-06-2006, 07:34 AM
7 Bob and John: This one is tuff for me to not take on win end, but we will see. Another G1 winner, has Baffert and Gomez hopped off SM to ride this one, and can sit off pace and rate, all positives. Must use in exotics.

8 Barbaro: Did you look at this guys complete PPs? He has never been worse than 2nd place, undefeated, and all routes . Scary stuff. Another G1 winner, improved from last. A couple things I don't like though. Over 30 days since last race and am not to keen about the Fla Derby. He also has always had just one horse in front of him to shoot for. Don't think that will happen today, he may get a bit jumpy within the crowd. Must use in exotics.

9 Sharp Humor: Faded to Barbaro in last and in Fla. Think he may be off. Toss

BIG RED
05-06-2006, 07:45 AM
10 A P Warrior: The name says he can last, out of AP Indy, has defending trainer, G2 winner who deserves a step up, and improved in last race. Should be there. Use in exotics.

11 Sweetnorthernsaint: May be in great position to pounce. G2 winner in last moving up, has good #s for me, improved in his last,falls under an angle play for me also. Was a MDNCLM, but so was another Derby winner of late. He is one of my longshots to win, but think he has been getting bet down already! Must use in exotics.

12 Private View: G2 winner but he looks like a Baily horse. He looked good in last but I'm not impressed with his #s there. He is one of only two DuelDosage horses, may use in end of supers?

BIG RED
05-06-2006, 07:51 AM
13 Bluegrass Cat: This guy scares me, all Storm Cat horses with talent do. Looks like something went amiss in last. Another Pletcher horse and has that dang R Dom on him. Is a G2 winner, love to toss but can't, use in exotics.

14 Deputy Glitters: Another MDNCLM that has only a G3 at Tampa under his belt, and he looks off. Toss

15 Seaside Retreat: Good Idea to take one. Toss

BIG RED
05-06-2006, 08:05 AM
16 Cause to Beleive: He looks like a normal stakes horse and Baze is out of N Cal., where he seems to crash when he is. Toss

17 Lawer Ron: 6 wins in a row, No G1, no rest. Think this horse may be a bit tired for the big one. I did like the way he finished out in his last, but can't do a win. Will use on end of exotics.

18 Brother Derick: He is a legitimate favorite to me. Multiple G1 wins, the other DuelDosage horse, improved in his last, looks ready for the dance. Rode out his last win nice, has the #s, also is in my stakes angle play. I have him theoretically blowing by SM in his race where they gave him that huge beyer? Only thing is his post he will have to overcome. It hasn't been to long with the 20 gates, so, will the winner finally come from way outside? At 4-1 I will be with him, the horse to beat, as long as he settles in on the pace. Solis is good enough to handle him. Along with the post, he's also a Cal horse who isn't proven outside yet. It's a tuff call for me.

BIG RED
05-06-2006, 08:09 AM
19 Storm Treasure: Hasn't even won an allowance yet? Has talent but can't use. Toss

20 Flashy Bull: Another MDN winner, over 30 since last raced, Fla Derby again. Don't think he will be ready. Is a Holy Bull horse but don't see much. Toss

BIG RED
05-06-2006, 08:17 AM
This is a very good derby I beleive, to watch should be exciting. But it is very tuff to bet. All top 3 finishers in 3 good stake preps showed up! As you can see, I will be spreading in exotics. Usually I can get it down some to maybe 4 contenders for the top spot, not today.

Here's what I have for other angles I use, might as well toss them out too, and you will see how easy it is to get flabbergasted!

#4, #5, #8, #11, #18

#1, #5, #8, #9, #11, #18

#4, #7, #8, #18

Oh boy :rolleyes:

Feel free to respond.

As always, things change before post because of odds. Definitely have to shop around in todays derby.

Good luck and Ya'll have a great day!

(Won't be around later, I am a practicing alcoholic :D )