PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Saratoga......Show time

Suff
08-09-2002, 08:37 PM
DAILY DOUBLE RACE 1 and 2

Dang.. That Rich In Glory (#1)looks good.... I Want to find a horse I think has a chance against him... Mainly Because I don't want to bet a $10.00 double... But it is what it is. There is a horse I think may get him.. Its Canfield (#8).. When Rich in Glory was earning his Bones last year winning Claiming 20K's by 7... Canfield was the 2-1 Favorite in a 100K Allowance NW4.. has some nice back class. A triple digit Beyer on his Resume..... So I'm going to take a shot on the 8 for a "Value Play". Scott Lake.. is 0-21 at the meet and He may be spooked,,,he's training Rich in Glory... Gonna Play

#8... Canfield... $60.00 WP
#8 & #1 Straight $30.00 exacta

Total $150.00

Daily double

Not sure why they are Putting Irwin (#4) up for sale... Is something wrong with the horse? He's up for 25 Grand? Well.. I can't guess something is wrong.. well I could... But i'm not going to.. He should eat these up...

$40 dollar double 8 & 4

There is one other horse that scares me a bit... its the six... beat by.. Artax to... Puzzlement and Fireballer.. in his first three races,, They are big time horses with big time futures... So I'm going to play a $5.00 dollar insurance double... 1/4,6 $10.00 bucks

kent
08-09-2002, 11:10 PM
Your recent post stated that you enjoy a different opinion. I have one for the 2nd.

1st race:

'Canfield' doesn't have one race, of last ten, that can beat 'Rich in Glory's' poorest race this year. (AQU 3 May)

2nd race:

Bothered by 'Iwin's' last. Back in 7 days and needs a HUGE improvement to win off that poor turf showing. That pattern doesn't happen often for most horses, BUT 'Iwin" did it twice. (2 Dec & 9 Mar) Still don't like. I would like to see one more race then bet. I'm going with #1 'Battle Tough' --The 'catch-me-if-you-can' horse.

DD 1/1 if odds are OK.

Suff
08-10-2002, 03:58 AM
1st race:

"'Canfield' doesn't have one race, of last ten, that can beat 'Rich in Glory's' poorest race this year. (AQU 3 May)"

Not so sure I agree with that... His race two back he saw a 22.2 and 45.1 and 6 Furlongs in 109.3... Fast race... it was 6.5 in 116 and he finished 3/4 length behind the winner... He runs that race.... he wins this today

After I replied to you... I went to Saratoga WWW site... Local Capper likes "canfield" to win.. but does not show Irwin on the ticket on 2nd....

Unfortunatley.. (as far as racing goes) I'm working 12 hours today 6am to 6pm so I can't watch the race... I bet it on the Telephone...

Working 12 tommorrow to... at double time... I'm getting a nice bank together for my Saratoga trip:cool: Good luck with your double... I like your chances... Rich n Glory does look good... would'nt be surprised to see him Claimed today... But I was curious why they did'nt try and get 62.5 for him or 75... He may get snatched up today

sq764
08-10-2002, 08:57 AM
Race 1
#1 Rich In Glory

Ships up to try & get barn it’s first win

#8 Canfield

Will be rolling in the lane should be tough

#7 Navajo Code

Better than last but will find wiring these a problem

Wagering: excellent betting race….Hard to go by top one but the exotics are very wide open