PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Internet Wagering

maxwell
05-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Has anyone wagered with a site via satellite internet? I would like to get a laptop and start betting whenever I please. Anything I should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance.

JustRalph
05-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Has anyone wagered with a site via satellite internet? I would like to get a laptop and start betting whenever I please. Anything I should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance.

used to do it back in 2002. It sucked! They say the technology is better now........don't believe them..........sending or uploading is the weak link. And you are sending when you bet............... it has what is called bursting technology. Sometimes holds packets for 8-10 seconds or more. Hit the button for that hundred dollar win bet and it doesn't go, hit it again and 20 seconds later you now have 200 to win on the horse. don't ask how I know :blush:

rrbauer
05-06-2006, 02:06 AM
Get a cellphone and a telephone account!

maxwell
05-07-2006, 08:09 AM
I have a telephone account. I guess the way to go is to view the tote live via satellite laptop and use the phone to rock and roll.

Thanks guys.

garyoz
05-07-2006, 11:36 AM
There is a new wireless technology 802.16a (WiMax) that is underdevelopment which should provide ubiquitous connectivity in most metropolitan areas in the next few years. You can also try the data services that the cell carriers are peddling--basicly modified Packet Data--I think some of them market it as EDGE. I've heard bad things about it, uses a card for your pc. Finally some cities are rolling out municipal Wi-Fi networks using 802.11, but from what I read they are going to have serious technical problems.

The question is where are you located when you wanted to access the Internet? If it is in a rural location satellite/phone may be the only solution for quite a while.