PDA

View Full Version : Sinister Minister - look out

Doc
05-05-2006, 02:24 PM
Steve Haskin writes this about Sinister Minister in today's Derby analysis, from the Blood-Horse site:

"Postscript/Warning: There is a possibility that we're dealing with a freak in Sinister Minister. There is always the so-called "bounce" factor, and the colt's inability to rate. Some of the speed gurus give him little or no chance coming back in three weeks off that monster performance in the Toyota Blue Grass (gr. I). But he is so freakishly fast, this race could be a lot more cut and dried than people think. His gallop this morning was awesome, as he barreled around the track with high, but controlled, energy, reminiscent of War Emblem. It is possible Baffert will be unleashing a terror again tomorrow. So, either play him or don't play him at your own risk. All I know is that I wouldn't want to be the one trying to chase him after watching that gallop this morning."

Food for thought!

Doc :ThmbUp:

kev
05-05-2006, 02:43 PM
They just said on TVG he's 2nd choice in the betting right now.

Doc
05-05-2006, 03:37 PM
What??! Second choice in the betting? Jeez, a lot of people love speed...I wouldn't be shocked to see him pull a wire job.