PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar Thurs (8/8)

rrbauer
08-08-2002, 04:18 PM
I look for the track to play like yesterday. Good rail and good for speed.

R1
MSW-types from all over. Shippers, comebackers, firsters. Need to see them in the flesh and see what Mr. Tote Board has to say. Several look like runners but could be stiffs!

R2
E C Lady & Shalini look best to me and to Mr. Tufts (the ML guy).

R3
Again, no secrets. Guadalupes Tailor & Heightenedawarenes. Both have a race over the track and fit this level.

R4
Highly Suspect is 7/5 on the line and is “Highly Suspect”. Walsh is being extremely careful with this one in the morning. I’ll take a shot with Ft. Washington dropping, going turf to dirt and listed at 6-1.

R5
Youmakemethorbaby with a race over the track at 8-1 along with the ML fav, Arctic Wish (5/2) will kick off my P4.

R6
Another suspect: Rmisvista has worked very gingerly since the last one which was a stinker. If she ran to the race 2 back it would be over in a hurry. Don’t think she will (or, they wouldn’t be dropping). Like the firster Nipper Nelly best of the others with good works for Jackson. And, I’ll use Bruheria & Yazor a little in my P4.

R7
Nothing like a 3YO getting good. That would be Groom on the Run (4-1). And, although I think a bounce is possible, I’ll also use Slippery When Bet (3-1) coming off a nice win but a big forward move and a top.

R8
Probably the most contentious race on the card. Richard Matlow is just great with these low-level maidens that he takes his time with and brings in ready to run. That would be Fight for Freedom. Classic Run & Bet on Brad both fit here and should run well. And, remember Burning Bay that got demolished out of the gate, on the 28th? Well I gotta use this one at least one more time!

Go Baby Go

rrbauer
08-08-2002, 04:26 PM
1/2 hour to R1.
Just learned that Pincay is off his mounts today. No problem for me.

Also, the 1-entry in R1 is 2/5 in the betting. Julio's firster (1) is from the Wygod barn and they love to win 1st out at DMR....you know what I know!

rrbauer
08-08-2002, 09:20 PM
Today's damage!

FYI: The delay between the live feed and the streaming-video feed today was better than yesterday. About 45 seconds.

R1
Hot 2/5 entry cooled off in a hurry when the Aguirre firster Slew City Lily got loose on the front end and never looked back. The Englander comebacker Noon Meeting ran 2nd, but never threatened. Julio’s firster Nettie’s Rose is still running! I had works on Lady clear back to March 2001. Patience worked!

R2
E C Lady & Shalini like a circus act! Separated at the wire by a ½ inch! Lady didn’t get the lone-f trip expected. In fact she got floated to the 4 path on the 1st turn and settled in 3-wide and 3-back on the BS. Eddie D. took his time and then went after the pacesetters at the 3/8, out in the 3&4-paths, got the lead mid-stretch and thought he had it wrapped up. Shalini came farther out following Lady a couple lengths back and then showed a huge turn of foot in the last 100 yds to just miss. Exacta came back $14.80 for a deuce and I kicked off a P3 with the ones I talked about in the next two (including a $3 saver using the “suspect” in R4).

R3
Guadalupes Tailor pressed/set the pace inside, got the lead on the turn and drew out at the 1/8. Jack’s Ole followed Tailor on the inside, came out mid-stretch and got the money by a head at the wire. Mr. Reed was a big bet down and actually went off fav. He tracked in behind Jack (inside!) and got 3rd. Heightenedawarenes pressed from the 3/4 paths and lost 3rd late. (P3 is dead.)

R4
Highly Suspect went off 6/5 and tracked, lugging out upper stretch and got 3rd. Pacesetter Casey’s Castle took them into the stretch then lost the lead to presser Proud Alvin who cleared late at 35-1. Ft. Washington (7/2) was never a factor and ran up the track. No blood!

R5
Enriquez shows why he’s not a top jock: No brains. He sends Youmakemethorbaby (6-1) after P Val makes the lead/rail with First Class Code and gets caught outside while they ding-dong through a 22 and change first qtr. They were both road kill by the far turn. Arctic Wish (8/5) tracked inside and challenged into the turn but came up empty. Chaster another with a race over the track came out of the clouds to get the win going away. Another short-lived P4!

R6
Honest Grades shot to the lead on the rail and P Val gets another one. Rmisvista tracked wide and couldn’t menace the winner, while a clear 2nd. Bruheria got 3rd and after pressing while wide early Nipper Nelly dropped out at the 3/8. Don’t know where she finished. WP bets on Nipper are history! Can I get out the late Double?

R7
Got wired by Gypsy Road who made the running well off the rail and had enough to hold off the late runners. I dismissed Gypsy because the NoCal turf courses are quite different from the SoCal courses…a “Let’s see one mentality”. Groom on the Run saved ground inside but when Solis opted to stay inside on the turn his fate was sealed. No room. No run. Up late for 3rd. Taormina went outside and got 2nd. To answer the rhetorical question, “Can I get out on the Double” question: Not now!

R8
Classic Run & Bet on Brad to the wire in a head bob. Brad prevailed. Run did all the dirty work early. Fight for Freedom came along for 3rd. Burning Bay got out of the gate and challenged early, but couldn’t hack the heat and dropped out into the turn. Should have saved my money just for this one!