PDA

View Full Version : Only $2 EX's and $2 TRI's at Churchill?

Mr.Blonde
05-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Maybe a stupid question, but can you play a $1 EX or a $1 TRI at Churchill?

According to the "Track Information" page at drf.com, Churchill only has $2 EX's and $2 TRI's.

Clarification, anyone?

twindouble
05-05-2006, 12:14 AM
Maybe a stupid question, but can you play a $1 EX or a $1 TRI at Churchill?

According to the "Track Information" page at drf.com, Churchill only has $2 EX's and $2 TRI's.

Clarification, anyone?

Yes, they have $1.00 tri, super, pick 3,4 also exacta I would think, never played a $1.00 exacta. Pick 6 is a $2.00 wager.

T.D.

Sailwolf
05-05-2006, 03:02 AM
Yes, they have $1.00 tri, super, pick 3,4 also exacta I would think, never played a $1.00 exacta. Pick 6 is a $2.00 wager.

T.D.

$1.00 exacta yes. At least through youbet.com.

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2006, 03:22 AM
Some places allow you to wager $1 exactas, but your total ticket must be a t least $2. For instance, at some places (like BrisBET.com), I can't bet a straight $1 exacta 7-8. What I CAN do is bet a $1 box 7-8 or a $1 key 7/1-2-3....as long as my total amount bet on that particular ticket is $2 or more....

This has always annoyed me....I know YouBet used to be like this as well, but I haven't really bet much with them lately, so maybe they have changed and are accepting single straight exacta wagers of $1.....

Mr.Blonde
05-05-2006, 07:19 PM
I will be watching the race from Emerald Downs here in Seattle, and they have $1 EX's and TRI's, so we shall see...........

Sailwolf
05-13-2006, 01:07 AM
Some places allow you to wager $1 exactas, but your total ticket must be a t least $2. For instance, at some places (like BrisBET.com), I can't bet a straight $1 exacta 7-8. What I CAN do is bet a $1 box 7-8 or a $1 key 7/1-2-3....as long as my total amount bet on that particular ticket is $2 or more....

This has always annoyed me....I know YouBet used to be like this as well, but I haven't really bet much with them lately, so maybe they have changed and are accepting single straight exacta wagers of $1.....

Youbet is accepting $1 exactas:ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
05-13-2006, 01:23 AM
Really? I can make a $1 wager on the 5-7 cold exacta for a total bet of $1?

On BrisBet you can make $1 exacta wagers, BUT the total bet on each ticket must be at least $2. This means I can make a $1 exacta BOX of 5-7 (total=$2), but I can't make a $1 cold exacta of 5-7 (total=$1).

This always bugged me....

Light
05-13-2006, 10:54 AM
Heads up on CD Pk3's

The other day I played a pk3 at CD and my horse in the middle leg was a late scratch. So I thought I would get the favorite,who lost. I hit the other 2 legs. I was just about to throw the ticket away when they flashed the pk3 results showing a consolation pk3 payoff of $37 if you had 2 of 3 and the scratched horse. Apparently CD does not give you the favorite in Pk3's but gives a consolation award on late scratches if you get the other 2 legs right.

wanderius_thrax
05-13-2006, 04:48 PM
timely topic, i tried betting a $1 straight exacta at lone star last night. no dice--it needs to be a min of $2. sometimes if you wanna bet like 5 combos, all 5 don't fit nicely in a $1 wheel. UGGGGH. Do they realize how annoying this is??? On the other hand they allow a straight 10c superfecta single combination ticket. i don't get it.

PaceAdvantage
05-13-2006, 09:38 PM
timely topic, i tried betting a $1 straight exacta at lone star last night. no dice--it needs to be a min of $2. sometimes if you wanna bet like 5 combos, all 5 don't fit nicely in a $1 wheel. UGGGGH. Do they realize how annoying this is??? On the other hand they allow a straight 10c superfecta single combination ticket. i don't get it.

I believe the problem must be on the Tote company end of things, not necessarily on companies like YouBet or Brisbet....

It's just another example of the antiquity of the pari-mutuel infrastructure. Money for Polytrack they have, but money for a tote-system not based on dial-up modems they can't seem to find.

NTRA, where are you?

Tom
05-14-2006, 12:57 AM
Sounds like Car 54 where are you? Ooo Ooo! :lol:

There’s late money in the pools
And the treat us all like fools.
Some whales keep on bettin’
While the stretch run we are sweatin’
They won’t let you bet a buck
Even though you’re out of luck…

NTRA where are you?