PDA

View Full Version : You can see how they looked Wednesday morning

PurplePower
05-04-2006, 09:36 PM
You can see how your selection looked galloping Wednesday morning (with 4 exceptions for Derby and 2 for Oaks). My wife AC (Audrey) and I were on the rail at Churchill Downs Wednesday watching horses gallop and taking pictures. (I was her "spotter" with my BIG Binoculars letting her know when a Derby or Oaks prospect was galloping up the backstretch.) Any of you want to see what your selection looked like Wednesday morning you can go to her website at www.accphotography.com.

One horse that looked especially good was Sharp Humor. In contrast to most years past, I did not find any "throw outs" based on how they looked galloping. Some looked better than others, but none looked so outstanding that I could figure on playing them as a top pick single in exotics or Pick "N". (Only two I have done that with since I started going to Derby in 2000 were Fu Peg and Afleet Alex.)

Take a look and you might be able to hear a deep, smoke raspy voice saying "YOU WERE THERE".

Lasix1
05-04-2006, 10:08 PM
What a great set of pictures! Thanks, Purplepower. It was, as you say, just like being there....

BeatTheChalk
05-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Kudos and much more. The quality and the detail.. Amazing. Thank you

BillW
05-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Reid,

Glad to see you are getting a few minutes to think about the Derby. Hope you enjoy your time there. Pass my congrats on to Audrey for some great pictures.

Bill

Sailwolf
05-05-2006, 03:06 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2006, 03:25 AM
I don't know about you guys, but Barbaro has that "fire in the eye" look to me....maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part....I feel like Trotter in Let It Ride looking at Barbaro's photo....

In any event, great pix PP! Kudos to the Mrs!

PurplePower
05-05-2006, 09:49 AM
I don't know about you guys, but Barbaro has that "fire in the eye" look to me....maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part....I feel like Trotter in Let It Ride looking at Barbaro's photo....

In any event, great pix PP! Kudos to the Mrs!
Not just wishful thinking. He looked absolutely fantastic.