View Full Version : JERRY BAILEYS DVD'S

karlskorner
05-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Bailey has his site up

http://winwithjerry.com

Selling 2 volume DVD'S on his opinions about racing for $49.90

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Cool...you think if I ask, he'll buy an ad on PaceAdvantage.Com? Oh wait, why should he now? :lol:

karlskorner
05-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Sorry if you feel this was a free plug, just thought members would be interested. Next time I see him in the clubhouse at Grande Oaks Golf Course I'll ask him if he wants to take an ad.

Hosshead
05-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Cool...you think if I ask, he'll buy an ad on PaceAdvantage.Com? Oh wait, why should he now? :lol:Now that he's not wearing silks anymore,...... he's probably got ads,.. down the sides of his slacks.

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2006, 09:34 PM
Sorry if you feel this was a free plug, just thought members would be interested.

Well, it was a free plug, complete with a price. There's a fine line between disseminating info and free ads, and sometimes even I don't know where to draw the line.

Nothing personal....just me venting a little...

WJ47
05-04-2006, 09:46 PM
I just went to the site and they look good! I'm seriously tempted to whip out the credit card and get both of them. Has anyone seen these yet?

Maybe they'd buy an ad on this site, if I had a handicapping product to sell, I'd love it on this site. There would probably be tons of orders!

QuarterCrack
05-04-2006, 10:13 PM
I ordered the set.
It looks really good - like it's geared toward the experienced player rather than rehashing beginners concepts that we've already read and seen many times in the past. I ordered it because it looks like it would be filled with new things to learn.
Besides, I think it would just be interesting to hear a hall of fame jockey's opinions on key handicapping variables.

ezpace
05-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Included in his tapes about the factor of having another jock ride herd for you so you have some great trips .TAG teams on superior horses usually win. Also, I wonder if he included one of his rides in the 2004 Belmont when he and Solis made sure there wouldn't be a triple crown winner.

I Started walking hots at racetracks at 16 ,35 yrs ago, when there was supervision and enforcement at racetracks . The last 10 years it's been superstables, supertrainers, and DOPE<,,and more DOPE... and zero enforcement. NONE.

One just has to look at Keeneland this last meet and see how many speed horses that we're HOOKED ,,bias track,,, or not REBROKE at the 1/16 pole. only one thing does that = dope . Most of these occurances we're orchestrated by the super stables/trainers. I know many concientious people on the backside there from most of the professions . WE talk about this all the time. many who are also good cappers have quit betting.
I call these trainers/stables the super cheaters who ruin the game.What is really amazing is most of these people have already been busted for offenses whether public or not.THEY KNOW on the backside.
I beat the meet gambling mostly because i made very FEW LARGE wagers. I plan on very few at CHURHill and Belmont also. What's sickening is these same pieces of crap will race at Belmont and Saratoga. . I will watch and rarely wager.

What the super arseholes do is control racing and wagering. For example,take a guy like CJ who has developed in my opinion some good gambling info that is very useable. YOu only have to read a minimum amount of his fine posts to know that he knows what he's doing. Recently he stated that BEFORE rebates he has recorded ONLYa 7 to 8 % profit. Those that use his info know that his info points out some long priced horses in exactas and trifectas along with the WIN. BUT, believe me if you had this info before the last decade before these super pieces of dung showed up in KY and NY..you would of made a fortune. The public keys off their horses and forces prices to decrease immensely.

IF I know or learned anything the last few decades about wagering on horses professionally or not .. you must consistently HIT A PRICE to stay in the game. THEY make it unnecessarily tough for even a small return. F- - K them. The writing is on the wall . I sold all breeding stock 2 years ago . nice nice mares, and willl follow the major races on Saturday.. that's it.. END OF RANT,,, TO most here have a nice kYDerby. few posts to follow. ez

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2006, 12:09 AM
ezpace, that had nothing to do with Jerry Bailey's warez....not that I didn't appreciate your rant....but we're trying to dissuade "thread creep" around here...

QuarterCrack
05-11-2006, 12:28 AM
The DVD set arrived in the mail today.

I watched about 75% of the first DVD so far - it's 2-1/2 hours long, so I haven't finished the whole thing yet. I believe the 2nd DVD is supposed to be over 2 hours, as well. So in terms of value for the money, I don't feel shortchanged in any way.

I'll be the first to say there's a ton of good information in there. Jerry has some interesting insights, and I picked up quite a bit of newfound knowledge.

I'll also say it wasn't quite what I expected - it's not in an "instructional" type format, like I thought it would be. It's pretty much set up as one long interview where Jerry and the guy asking the questions cover various topics. They mark up the Form to illustrate certain concepts, and there is a segment where they show race footage and Jerry breaks down the race from the jock's point of view. I found it interesting.

Again, I haven't finished the DVDs yet, but from what I've seen, I'm very pleased.

Just one man's opinion, in case anyone was interested in the DVDs. Take it for what it's worth, especially from a guy called "QuarterCrack"...

Art P
05-11-2006, 04:43 PM
much like his riding, he will pick the 3/5 chalk and then run out of the money. Stay away from JB. The guy killed me. Every time I bet him he lost and when I bet against him he won. Ill pass on the DVD

Hank
05-11-2006, 05:56 PM
I for one am very much looking forward to recieving the dvds.I always felt that jockey evaluation was a weakness in my game,jocks as a CLASS are NOT great handicappers,but JB love him or hate him was a cunning sob,and the jock perspective is a fresh one were capping is concerned.:ThmbUp:

GlenninOhio
05-11-2006, 06:53 PM
ezpace, that had nothing to do with Jerry Bailey's warez....not that I didn't appreciate your rant....but we're trying to dissuade "thread creep" around here...

ezpace -

I'm a relatively new owner with a dedicated, honest, highly capable and non-cheating trainer on the Kentucky circuit.

I read your post with a mixture of fascination and horror.

Perhaps we can discuss more of this in a different thread?

Or perhaps not, as maybe Jack Nicholson would correctly advise me that "I can't handle the truth".

sjk
05-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Glenn,

I bet many thousands of races each year on the presumption that you can trust past form and I find no reason to be paranoid about sinister forces making my bets go down. In fact the betting goes well.

Owning horses is far less than a zero sum game so you have to enjoy whatever successes come your way and be able to swallow the many losses. The big problem is that the cummulative training bill together with the cost of buying the horses is far greater than the purses to be won.

I think you can expect that if you hang in there long enough Billy will earn you your fair share of success. If this is not enough to pay the bills it is the nature of the economics of the business.

SK

WJ47
05-26-2006, 05:04 PM
I received these in the mail a few days ago and watched both DVDs in one sitting! I found them to be very interesting, particuliarly what he had to say about other trainers and jockeys. I felt they were well worth the money! Jerry Bailey gives alot of good points and some cool stories, so much that I think it was probably a mistake to watch them as a marathon. I'm going to watch them again this weekend and take notes as my mind got cloudy after hearing so much information at once! I was overstimulated! :) I really enjoyed the DVD format in handicapping information. I love to read the books, but half the time, I fall asleep reading them or they are written in a boring manner that doesn't hold my attention. I wish everyone could write like Andy Beyer! Every book I buy, I always hope it will be as interesting as his books were.

Are there any other handicapping DVDs out there that are interesting? I'm considering buying the DRF handicapping seminar DVDs, has anyone seen them?

Hank
05-26-2006, 10:29 PM
I got the Bailey dvds a couple of days ago,went through them both quickly,and they are overall a dissapointment.Not saying they are totally worthless but I was hopeing for insights into the finer points of race rideing.what IS revealing is that Jerry COMFIRMS Andy Beyer's claim that most jocks ARE pinheads who will NOT ride a horse smartly to take advantage of the race at hand but will ride in their habitual way that they are comfortable with no matter what.

Doc
05-27-2006, 11:32 AM
I've got the DVDs, and I have to say I was disappointed at the format. Jerry talking to Morty Mittenthal across the table kinda gets boring...truthfully I nodded off during one of the discussions, and I had to rewind. I think if some creativity had gone into these - showing more races, visual stuff from the Form, etc. - they would have been even better. Even Jerry talking to the camera, rather than to Morty, would have been more palatable. If I had to grade the DVDs, I'd give them a B minus...good information included, but it needs some polishing.

Doc

andicap
05-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Well, it was a free plug, complete with a price. There's a fine line between disseminating info and free ads, and sometimes even I don't know where to draw the line.

Nothing personal....just me venting a little...

Hey, you have that info again?-- my fried hard drive ate the original stuff.

blind squirrel
08-15-2006, 08:48 PM
I got the Bailey dvds a couple of days ago,went through them both quickly,and they are overall a dissapointment.Not saying they are totally worthless but I was hopeing for insights into the finer points of race rideing.what IS revealing is that Jerry COMFIRMS Andy Beyer's claim that most jocks ARE pinheads who will NOT ride a horse smartly to take advantage of the race at hand but will ride in their habitual way that they are comfortable with no matter what.

i just finished watching the DVD'S.as with any handicapping DVD or
book or magazine article,if i can get one thing out of the product
i'm happy.

when he talked about "VULNERABLE FAVORITES" bailey said the number
one instance to take a stand against the chalk is the "BIG FIG" horse
shipping to another track.the example he gave was a horse that had
been running at CALDER shipping to GP.towered over the competition
in the form and ran poorly at GP.....so i did learn something.

a recent example was at SAR on monday,WEIGLER came in for the
turf sprint stake with big numbers and SECOND IN COMMAND 2-2
at the spa won,set a track record and paid 5-1.

Tom
08-15-2006, 09:00 PM
a recent example was at SAR on monday,WEIGLER came in for the
turf sprint stake with big numbers and SECOND IN COMMAND 2-2
at the spa won,set a track record and paid 5-1.

....and made several folks in the tent happy to boot! :jump:

joeyreb
08-15-2006, 09:29 PM
Over all, the DVD's were worth the money.

But, the TV Ad needs to be redone.

Several of the bullet points in the ad was answered a very short sentence.

Ie. Do Jockey gave tips offs in The Paddock area? His answer was no!!

Major Bullet point in the ad, 10-15 secs

blind squirrel
08-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Over all, the DVD's were worth the money.

But, the TV Ad needs to be redone.

Several of the bullet points in the ad was answered a very short sentence.

Ie. Do Jockey gave tips offs in The Paddock area? His answer was no!!

Major Bullet point in the ad, 10-15 secs

yeah,JERRY looked at MORTY like he was an idiot for asking
the question.overall,i think MORTY asked some good questions.
i give this DVD a B+.