PDA

View Full Version : Brass Hat DQ

Valuist
05-04-2006, 11:02 AM
http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=33373

After seeing this, you'd have to think North American owners are going to be very leery of going over to Dubai.

rastajenk
05-04-2006, 12:55 PM
I hope so. I hate seeing our horses go over there chasing corrupt petrodollars in the first place, and get taken out of circulation here for weeks or months. I know that world racing fans get geeked for Dubai, but for me it's a major irritation. I don't want to see a boycott, I just want American owners and trainers to weigh the options and come down on the side of not going to Dubai. Just my xenophobic two-cents worth.

Niko
05-04-2006, 01:44 PM
They really should let our liberal drug usage overseas :rolleyes:

Our horses just have to be careful, have to know what your house runs well with and what it doesn't....or what they test for and how it stays in the system etc....

I didn't see any other horses DQ'd and I really doubt it's anti-american, just a different set of rules.....and I don't know enough about the drug to make an intelligent comment on it.

I'll bet on the races with or without American horses because it's good racing....and I'm sure there's people that hate to see dollars come to America also. Not a thread to get into corrupt petrodollars but do really see our American companies as not taking advantage of situations??? Again don't want to debate as this last part is an off topic thread

kenwoodallpromos
05-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Here's the link to the UAE racing law:
http://www.emiratesracing.com/era/Publications.cfm

Valuist
05-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Niko-

I think the Bradleys feel they were misled. They were told 23 days withdrawal time would be sufficient, and injected Brass Hat 28 days before the World Cup. Sounds like Bradley has everything documented. And don't forget, this comes after Ian Jory said somebody had drugged two of his runners. I don't know if thats true or not but I wouldn't be surprised if the Dubai folks did everything in their power to tilt the scales in their favor.....and if its cheating, so be it. If thats the way they want to play, then f-k them. We just shouldn't send our horses. Europe may have the best grassers but we still have the best dirt horses. What a joke the Dubai World Cup at $5 million would be w/no American horses.

kenwoodallpromos
05-04-2006, 04:48 PM
"As the date draws nearer for former Southern California-based trainer Ian Jory to begin his new job as trainer for Prince Sultan Mohammed Saud al Kabeer in Saudi Arabia, the more eager he becomes"

I'm not saying they were not drugged; but if true, unless it was at the direction of that sultan, who would take the chance?
I hear in Dubai they have a small rendering plant just for horserace cheaters!!!!LOIL!!

toetoe
05-04-2006, 11:32 PM
The technology allows detection of absolutely minimal amounts. This is not an unmitigated advancement. We could find traces of just about anything anywhere. We haven't adjusted by establishing minimums (minima?). :( :ThmbDown: