PDA

View Full Version : Keyed Entry and Sharp Humor

jjm323
05-04-2006, 10:00 AM
If you like SNS at probable odds of 6 to 10-1, shouldn't you like Keyed Entry, who SNS couldn't get by in the Gotham, at probable odds of 30+ -1?

If you like Barbaro at 5-1, shouldn't you like Sharp Humor at 20+ -1?

OTM Al
05-04-2006, 11:29 AM
No and no. SNS started from the 10 hole in that race and had to fight to get any position all the way. He was still moving well at the end and the other two were probably very happy the race was over. Better trip and he creams them. As for Barbaro, also started out in the 10 hole in that race on a track configuration that gives huge favor to inside horses. He also received a bump at the start. Granted SH was in the 7 hole which isn't great, but is a heck of alot better than where Barbaro was. I thought Prado put on one of his best rides that day saving every inch of ground possible from that spot.

jjm323
05-04-2006, 11:54 AM
In other words, if Pat V gives Keyed Entry a better trip on the rail than the four wide trip Sleepyhead gives SNS from the 11 hole, he may not get by him again?

Thanks.

Valuist
05-04-2006, 12:02 PM
Sharp Humor was lone speed and had a perfect trip in the Florida Derby. His chances this Saturday? Slim and none. And that's just his chances of making the lead.

the_fat_man
05-04-2006, 01:58 PM
In other words, if Pat V gives Keyed Entry a better trip on the rail than the four wide trip Sleepyhead gives SNS from the 11 hole, he may not get by him again?

Thanks.

For PAT V to give KE a 'better trip' on the rail, he'll have to gun to get to the rail by the turn. Doubtful he outruns SM to the turn.

I like the way you think, however. Desormeaux BLEW the ride in the GOTHAM (wide both turns in a race where they went 1-2-3-4? around the track). Just imagine what he'll be up to in the derby with a 20 horse field. It's gonna be comical.

jjm323
05-04-2006, 02:43 PM
If SM breaks slowly from the gate as he did in the Bluegrass, it isn't impossible that Pat V can beat him to the first turn. I don't see Keyed Entry winning the race, but it would not shock me to see him leading at the top of the stretch and winding up rounding out the bottom of some Super and Tri tickets at a nice price, ahead of SNS, who will probably run Belmont distance on Saturday with Kent D aboard.