PDA

View Full Version : Anybody tried Youbet.net? For fun?

JustRalph
05-03-2006, 08:38 PM
http://www.youbet.net/

I saw an ad for this........on Espn. Anybody try this yet?

http://www.youbet.net/skin/images/LeftBox_photo.jpg

Tom
05-03-2006, 11:58 PM
Yeah, I drink NA beer while I pretend to bet.:sleeping:

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2006, 04:18 PM
I think it's an awesome idea. If I were just getting started in handicapping, I would think YouBet.Net is the best thing since sliced bread....wish it was around when I was just starting out....

If nothing else, it's a great way to snag new customers....

JustRalph
05-04-2006, 05:01 PM
I think it's an awesome idea. If I were just getting started in handicapping, I would think YouBet.Net is the best thing since sliced bread....wish it was around when I was just starting out....

If nothing else, it's a great way to snag new customers....

I agree .........but I think they copied the idea from the poker sites..........they have been doing this a long time now.

Tom
05-04-2006, 05:35 PM
When I was in Vegas, I played the change machine....broke even! :lol:

chickenhead
05-04-2006, 06:29 PM
When I was in Vegas, I played the change machine....broke even! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

michiken
05-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Minimum System Requirements:

* Internet Explorer version 6.0 is required

I guess that rules out my Linux Boxen....

Hey Tom, can I borrow your IE???????????

yesman3000
05-04-2006, 09:30 PM
I use it for the video.

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2006, 09:41 PM
I agree .........but I think they copied the idea from the poker sites..........they have been doing this a long time now.

Yes, I know, and it's about time someone in horse racing had the light bulb go off above their head....

The great thing is, YouBet can use either the .Com or the .Net in their ads and not fear the wrath of the Federal Gov't (yet).

freehouse2002
05-05-2006, 04:08 PM
I think it's a great idea as well. So what if it's modeled off of what the Poker sites do. As long as they get more players, then it will be mission accomplished. Besides that, it seems as if you can play some contests and win real money to use on youbet.com. Kinda like a "satellite." At least, they are thinking out of the box for once.

freehouse2002

jeebus1083
05-05-2006, 09:31 PM
Betting "fake" money is the worst thing a horseplayer can do to introduce themselves to the game. If you give me $5,000 in fake money, I'm gonna dickerdoodle around with big-sized bets to bring that bankroll up to fat city. Give me $5,000 in real cash however, and I'm more likely to be tempered with my wagers, not wanting to part with much money for fear of losing it all.

Right now, it does appear that YouBet.net is offering free video of all the tracks that YouBet.com carries. If I'm betting multiple tracks, it's convenient to fire up the X2 video screen, the BrisBET video, and XpressBet video to give you the real feel of a simulcast parlor on your screen.

BIG RED
05-06-2006, 08:37 AM
I just tried it and it said 'I wasn't authorized to view this page'?

Did it in IE?

BIG RED
05-06-2006, 11:10 AM
never mind, I'm there. This will be great for a freind of mine to start learning a bit. He just retired but knows nothing about wagering but wants to learn about horseracing. He actually joined here, but hasn't posted yet, just lurking to learn.

Murph
05-06-2006, 12:17 PM
This site has the best video feed I've found yet. There is also a daily/weekly contest schedule that you can win money for your real betting account. Great idea and I like to recommend it to anyone who is interested in checking out online betting. I'll open an account with you bet soon because of this site being available to try for free. The video is outstanding with WMP , they give you an hour or so a day with the free .net site. Very slick, tell your friends!

Murph

kenwoodallpromos
05-06-2006, 02:43 PM
I am going to it to practice the new angles and systems i'm alwayslooking at.

kenwoodallpromos
05-06-2006, 04:20 PM
I just won $2 show bet on Bending Strings!. Will bet Roi contest $2 win on Private Vow, and $2 tri on PVow, Step, and LR., and other races. They accepted by BS bet about 2 minutes to post!

Tom
05-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Good idea, Ken - test ideas out.
I had a great day there today - I won enough to buy Park Place! :jump: :rolleyes: