PDA

View Full Version : Fool Me Once

hcap
05-02-2006, 06:33 AM
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/R/R/bush_foolme.gif

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —President George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

First Iraq
Now Iran

Sam Gardiner...a sixty-four-year-old retired Air Force colonel and longtime Defense Department consultant who has taught strategy at three of the military’s top war colleges, Gardiner had participated throughout the 1990s in a series of war games that simulated attacks on Iraq.

http://www.cjr.org/issues/2006/3/schulman.asp

"Throughout the summer of 2003, Gardiner documented incidents that he saw as information-warfare campaigns directed both at targeted foreign populations and the American public. By the fall, he had collected his analysis into a lengthy treatise, called “Truth from These Podia,” which concluded that “the war was handled like a political campaign,” in which the emphasis was not on the truth but on the message.

Hey PA, how come the 223 MPH Iran Cruise Missle thread was closed???

hcap
05-02-2006, 07:31 AM
Remember it has been three years the preznit stood on the deck of the Abraham Lincoln, in front of a banner proclaiming “Mission Accomplished,” and told us that the combat phase of the Iraq operation was over.

So, Happy Codpiece Day all youse bush cargo culters.
Meanwhile back at the ranch and speaking of Iran.

Hardball, MSNBC correspondent David Shuster....
http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/MSNBC_confirms_Raw_Story_report_Outed_0501.html

INTELLIGENCE SOURCES SAY VALERIE WILSON WAS PART OF AN OPERATION THREE YEARS AGO TRACKING THE PROLIFERATION OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS MATERIAL INTO IRAN. AND THE SOURCES ALLEGE THAT WHEN MRS. WILSON’S COVER WAS BLOWN, THE ADMINISTRATION’S ABILITY TO TRACK IRAN’S NUCLEAR AMBITIONS WAS DAMAGED AS WELL.

This corroborates this story reported February 13 on Raw Story by Larisa Alexandrovna. In the original story, Alexandrovna wrote...

According to current and former intelligence officials, Plame Wilson, who worked on the clandestine side of the CIA in the Directorate of Operations as a non-official cover (NOC) officer, was part of an operation tracking distribution and acquisition of weapons of mass destruction technology to and from Iran.

Speaking under strict confidentiality, intelligence officials revealed heretofore unreported elements of Plame’s work. Their accounts suggest that Plame’s outing was more serious than has previously been reported and carries grave implications for U.S. national security and its ability to monitor Iran’s burgeoning nuclear program.

OOPSie doopsie.

hcap
05-02-2006, 07:41 AM
Pat Buchanon in a WorldNetDaily commenratry no less

Of imperial presidents and congressional cowards
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=49959

Many Democrats now concede they failed the nation when they took Bush at his word that Iraq was an intolerable threat that could be dealt with only by an invasion. Now, Bush and the War Party are telling us the same thing about Iran. And the Congress is conducting itself in the same contemptible and cowardly way.

It is time for Congress to tell President Bush directly that he has no authority to go to war on Iran and to launch such a war would be an impeachable offense. Or, if they so conclude, Congress should share full responsibility by granting him that authority after it has held hearings and told the people why we have no other choice than another Mideast war, with a nation four times as large as Iraq.

If Congress lacks the courage to do its constitutional duty, it should stop whining about imperial presidents. Because, like the Roman Senate of Caesar's time, it will have invited them and it will deserve them.

PaceAdvantage
05-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Hey PA, how come the 223 MPH Iran Cruise Missle thread was closed???

Isn't it obvious?

46zilzal
05-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Now, Bush and the War Party are telling us the same thing about Iran. And the Congress is conducting itself in the same contemptible and cowardly way.

It is time for Congress to tell President Bush directly that he has no authority to go to war on Iran
There is little chance the rutabaga will pull that one off. The draft would return and chaos would break out domestically in revolt to that unecessary risk.

kenwoodallpromos
05-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Imperialism is old news- I want to hear that somebody else besides Bush has any ideas- prefer good ideas- not like Osama- Obama's kiss-up ones. Tell any lefist you meet it is not physically possible to kiss someone's a** while they are running over you!

Secretariat
05-02-2006, 07:18 PM
Since this is titled Fool Me Once, I can't help posting another head scratcher from GW.

Apparently, GW just came out saying the national anthem should only be sung in English, yet the irony is that during his entire 2001 campaign when he was courting Spanish voters:

"Apparently, Jon Secada singing the anthem in Spanish was a regular feature of the Bush campaign. From the 8/3/00 Miami Herald:

The nominee, his wife Laura, erstwhile rival John McCain and his wife Cindy joined Bush on a platform where children sang the national anthem - in “Spanglish,” Secada explained.

... according to Kevin Phillip’s book American Dynasty, Bush himself sang the national anthem in Spanish."

:lol: :lol: :lol: