PDA

View Full Version : Annual Saratoga Soiree -- info

andicap
05-01-2006, 10:18 AM
After Suff's Hercalean efforts the past three years we are planning the annual Saratoga trip. Discussion has begun on CJ's board where there are a number of PA regulars, but we obviously wanted people here to have input in our decision-making.

We are not going Travers Week, as we have in the past. Too crowded and couldn't get the tent. We are also changing the schedule to a Saturday-Saturday affair rather than starting on a Wednesday.

There are two weeks in discussion that I would love to get people's feedback on.

July 29-Aug. 5
Aug. 12-Aug. 19

I will contact NYRA about tent availability.

Anyone here who is interested in coming -- and is pretty certain they will attend since we will need firm commitments to see how many tables to get -- please email me or post here. Of course everyone is welcome and for those who have never attended it's a great time in the tent and on the town with a lot of very serious handicapping going on.

Most of those there a year ago should be returning, including CJ, who is always happy to answer questions and talk about his figures.

As far as housing, we are looking into finding one or two places, although we can't be responsibile for insuring people have a place to stay. There is some sentiment for giving first priority in any housing we get to people staying for a full week.
If you're staying for only a few days and need a place to stay ;you can contact me in case we find more than one place to stay or you can coordinate a second house.
There is also the possibility we will find two places, one for the people there full-time and another for
a) the overflow -- there may not be enough room in one house for the full-timers.
b) those staying part-week.