PDA

View Full Version : A Day Without Illegals

LutherCalvin
05-01-2006, 08:24 AM
We`re going to close down Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Tucson, Phoenix, Fresno` on May Day this Monday, labor organizer Jorge Rodriquez told the British wire service Reuters.

`We want full amnesty, full legalization for anybody who is here [illegally],` said Rodriquez, organizer for one of the unions of AFSCME, the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees of the AFL-CIO. `That is the message that is going to be played out across the country on May 1.`

They call it a `Day without Immigrants` and `Buy Nothing Gringo` day. I plan to celebrate by going to work, spending money, and watching United 93, a movie about some REAL Americans.

Ponyplayr
05-01-2006, 10:23 AM
We`re going to close down Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Tucson, Phoenix, Fresno` on May Day this Monday, labor organizer Jorge Rodriquez told the British wire service Reuters.

`We want full amnesty, full legalization for anybody who is here [illegally],` said Rodriquez, organizer for one of the unions of AFSCME, the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees of the AFL-CIO. `That is the message that is going to be played out across the country on May 1.`

They call it a `Day without Immigrants` and `Buy Nothing Gringo` day. I plan to celebrate by going to work, spending money, and watching United 93, a movie about some REAL Americans.
We have no one to blame for this problem but ourselves. I don't feel sorry for the business's who's workers fail to show up for work in fact I'm going to watch the news for local business's that complain and never grace their doors again.

Snag
05-01-2006, 10:44 AM
We have no one to blame for this problem but ourselves. I don't feel sorry for the business's who's workers fail to show up for work in fact I'm going to watch the news for local business's that complain and never grace their doors again.

Becareful Ponyplayr when you watch the news. They cut and paste so much anymore, you don't know if what was shown was what was really said.

I also find it strange that the unions are behind this latest "strike" but could not be found when it was about a bill being presented in congress. That could have been because it wasn't directly about money. The johnny come latelies are trying to act like they started this crap now that people are being asked to give up wages and not spend their money. Why doesn't the AFL-CIO step up and pay for the health care of all those illegal's that will show up at the public hospitals today asking for you and I to foot the bill for them.

Tom
05-01-2006, 10:49 AM
Let's try this one - a YEAR without lettuce. No one needs it, samll price to pay. Make lettuce a vegatble no Amercians will eat. Shut down the industry overnight. then pick another one. One by one, we destroy those who come here illegally and those who hire them.

Tom
05-01-2006, 10:51 AM
[QUOTE=
I plan to celebrate by going to work, spending money, and watching United 93, a movie about some REAL Americans.[/QUOTE]

I am going to mow my own lawn, call my local mexican restaurant and reserve a table for 20 people at lunch hour, then show up and sit there - alone- until it dawns on them.

kenwoodallpromos
05-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Let's try this one - a YEAR without lettuce. No one needs it, samll price to pay. Make lettuce a vegatble no Amercians will eat. Shut down the industry overnight. then pick another one. One by one, we destroy those who come here illegally and those who hire them.
How about a year not betting on a stable whose help is illegal? WHOOPS! There goes the horseracing industry!
My public picks today at Mountaineer do not include any horses whose jockey's names end in "Z".
(Good thing Whitney, Stokes, Garpath, Andrews, and a few others are on good horses!)
I'm not saying the other horses will be stiffed today, and did not notice who the trainers were.

Tom
05-01-2006, 03:11 PM
The only problem with this ridiculous Day Without Immigrants thing is that they are not willing to REALLY willing to do it all the way.
How about a day without them using our emergency rooms, a day without them leeching off of our public schools, a day without them using our social services - many for free, a day with out them collecting welfare, food stamps, whatever? A day without double language messages on telephones, a day without loud mouthed hispanic activists thorwing lies across the airwaves.
How a bout a REAL day without any of the crap?

Let's REALLY see what a day without all those cost burdens is like.

And, while they are at it, a day without them clogging our highways, drivng with unearned licenses, no insurance, no speak English. And no gang actions on our streets.

Reports from California suggest the highway system actually works today.

I think if these cowards would let us see a REAL day with them, the message would be loud and clear - WE DO NOT NEED THEM.

so.cal.fan
05-01-2006, 03:37 PM
Lou Dobbs should have an interesting show this afternoon.
I will watch it.
This whole thing could very well backfire. :rolleyes:

46zilzal
05-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Just like the 60's unpopular war, people marching in the streets for THAT and for civil rights

46zilzal
05-01-2006, 04:18 PM
I am going to mow my own lawn, call my local mexican restaurant and reserve a table for 20 people at lunch hour, then show up and sit there - alone- until it dawns on them.
yes THEY are responsible for all of this. THEY must suffer!!

crap

kenwoodallpromos
05-01-2006, 05:25 PM
I know all about the SPANISH and 100# Spanish descendents living in the USA (and making slaves of the native americans), but when did the Mexicans posses and in the USA? Thye gave up Ca to the English without a shot.

CryingForTheHorses
05-01-2006, 06:16 PM
Watching the news tonite, Showing the large protests across Florida and the nation.All the thousands of flags from mexico and wherever.I thought I saw a lone Canadian Flag.

Tom
05-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Just like the 60's unpopular war, people marching in the streets for THAT and for civil rights

Rights in this country are reserved for citizens - if they have a problem with civil rights, let them address it in Mexico - they are NOT our problem and we owe them nothing. this is NOTHING at all like the civil rights demonstartions of the 60's - those were AMERICANS demanding thier RIGHTS as American.
These are people who have totally failed to make mexico anything other than an arm puit hgere to exploit our system.
Did they boycott our emergency rooms today?

Tom
05-01-2006, 06:37 PM
yes THEY are responsible for all of this. THEY must suffer!!

crap

You cannot tell humor from fact. That is your problem.
But since you mention it, how about Freeandeasy - lost 35%of his business to illegals. Is it his fault mexico is run a POS who sold out his people? Is it his fault the mexican who STOLE his busniess came here illegally and is noting more a stinking leech? People like that need to dealt with coutry justice style. No loss.

ezpace
05-01-2006, 10:22 PM

one amendment our beloved bananna's pleez

;)

kenwoodallpromos
05-02-2006, 12:57 AM
Mnr 5-1-06-
PEREZ won race 10, which I passed on my picks! I had 5 of 9 1st choice and 8 of 9 total winners on my "Boycott" angle, including a $45.60 winner!LOL!!
(To be fair, Periera , Barria, and Rivera placed, total 4 times).

Dave Schwartz
05-02-2006, 01:51 AM
SCF,

Perhaps this is the beginning of the backfire you predicted?

http://us.cnn.com/2006/LAW/04/20/immigration.raids/index.html

Dave

Vegas711
05-02-2006, 03:20 AM
I think that we should have a Parade for all the convicted felons in our prisons, cmon people don't you have any compassion for your local serial killer. All they did was kill some people and break a few laws:rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

These people are law breakers, I am sick and tired of the media coverage they get.

Tom
05-02-2006, 08:06 AM
SCF,

Perhaps this is the beginning of the backfire you predicted?

http://us.cnn.com/2006/LAW/04/20/immigration.raids/index.html

Dave

We will see, if it keeps up. But I don't hold any hope that this is a one time Bush-bone to make it look like hes cares. Bush is not one to actually DO anything about a problem - nothing effective anyway.

Last week, they rounded up 1100 - 900 were out in two hours.

This is just not an issue he can comprehend ( along with almost everyting else!).

chickenhead
05-02-2006, 10:12 AM
I could round up 1000 within a 20 mile radius of my house.

michiken
05-02-2006, 06:18 PM
After being unemployed for the last 4 months, I finally landed a new job...

Yesterday the new boss comes up to me with 4 mexican engineers.

He tells me that I will part of a group that will help train them because it will be more 'cost effective' for the company. This training was not mentioned in the interview.

Why the hell should I be responsible for training them to help take away my work?????????? :mad::mad:

Tom
05-02-2006, 11:56 PM
Welcome to the new American dream.
You DO know HOW to train them, right? :lol:

JustRalph
05-03-2006, 12:19 AM
Now you might get my tag line...........

"Drownin in Diversity"

Tom
05-03-2006, 12:29 AM
BTW, back on topic- did the economy fall apart after yesterday?
Anyone go broke? I did see the sun came up this morning.
The only sustantial thing I heard was you could actually drive on the highways in California. That should cement thier case to saty here!:jump:

Ron
05-03-2006, 11:27 AM
There was a picture in yesterday's paper of someone carrying a sign that read something like "No immigrants, no Summer at Saratoga".

Vegas711
05-03-2006, 03:18 PM

He tells me that I will part of a group that will help train them because it will be more 'cost effective' for the company. This training was not mentioned in the interview.

Why the hell should I be responsible for training them to help take away my work?????????? :mad::mad:

You can protect your job, just tell your boss that you will be happy to work for $ 3.25 per hour. I just can not for the life of me understand why anyone would object to training in someone who latter will take away their job.You don't need to work just do like the rest of us and collect welfare,I hear that it is easy money.Remember the MOST IMPORTANT thing is that the company makes a profit if the rest of us have to go dumpster diving then this is the least we can do. It is all about attitude, we will show them.

michiken
05-03-2006, 05:22 PM
You can protect your job, just tell your boss that you will be happy to work for $ 3.25 per hour.
:lol::lol::lol: Not on your life.

Tom
05-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Global economies require global societies. The best (us) HAVE to degrade in order for it to work. This is why illegals are mandatory - Bush knows it and encourages it. His economic future is not ited to the US - it is tied to
globality.

bigmack
05-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Talk radio show out of L.A. does some of the best in-depth view of this. If you ever get a chance to listen to John & Ken 3-7 PM PacTime these guys have been informing all of SoCal for a while. Living in SanDiego I don't see the problem at all. (yeah right) The following link is for J & K
http://www.kfi640.com/main.html

freeneasy
05-04-2006, 02:11 PM

i lost mine in the exact same situation
after working my way up to a journyman carpenter and because of the influx of mexican illeagals taking jobs as framers made it difficult to find work paying $18 to $25 which at the time was nomal pay for a non union journyman. so i found a job with "cole brothers" earthquake and foundation repair. the job was lifting houses off their foundation, removing and replacing the foundation and setting the house back down to level and strapping it down to the new fottings. after a while i got a pretty good hang of it and was given a crew of 6 mexican illeagals and one white american, who knew what he was doing, to work under me.
my job was to train these guys and get the job completed.
things were coming along well, the illeagals were getting taught and the job was getting done.
well the day came when the boss called and said i got a new job coming up but iam going to give it to alyhandro i believe his name was, because i want to put on an extra crew, yeah right, and when the next one comes in i'll give it to you.
now alyhandro was one of the guys i trained and he knew enough to at least to be the best of the rest but comparitively speaking the guy did'nt know jack. but still he got his crew and i for the most part got the shaft.
well there it is. i knew it was coming but i just didnt think it was going to come as soon as it did.
i got a job with my friend charlie laying brick, building chimmineys, walls and setting tile, but charlie got so fed up and frustrated with with these illeagals that he just packed up and went to carolina, said these mexicans are getting it all and their making it so i just cant get my price and got out.
so charlie got his class A and hauled frieght for a couple of years and i drove a cab for a couple of years
then i went to truck drivung school, got my class A, and started driving big rigs hauling frieght cross country. immeadiately saw what was taking place in the long beach habor when it first started happening, that is, when the mexicans started hauling containers out of there at $45 a container when the going rate for the american drivers was i think about $75 a container and came to the same conclusion that charlie came to, its time to get out cause the illeagals are getting in and taking over.
got a job on garbage truck sideman and driver, same thing, cant get a raise, mexicans.
so here i am with my own bussinness and again with no way to stop the mexican illeagals from swallowing me up and forcing me to beat it on down the line again. so let me just say it one more time. atafb

chickenhead
05-04-2006, 02:23 PM
haven't you read the papers free? they only do jobs Americans won't do. you must be mistaken.

I feel for you man. This is an absolutely rotten situation.

Vegas711
05-04-2006, 04:07 PM
The horrible realty of the situation is , that until it happens to you, you pay little attention. I had a family business for 15 years that was successful, paid off many loans including most of my house, then a couple of years ago, kaboom, my business hit rock bottom. Why, becouse my competition started hiring I assume illegals ( paying them a 1/3rd of what I paid my help, my help was not being overpaid) they where able to underbid me on contracts by 50 % so you know what happened, I lost accounts.

I gave up the idea of being a mid size company and found that the solution for me was to focus on areas where I can specialize. BY avoiding high demand job situations and focusing on lesser demand jobs I no longer run up against companies that put me out of business. I now am basically a one man company, once in a while I have a helper, find smaller niches, that are not being paid much attention.

freeneasy
05-04-2006, 08:40 PM
The horrible realty of the situation is , that until it happens to you, you pay little attention. I had a family business for 15 years that was successful, paid off many loans including most of my house, then a couple of years ago, kaboom, my business hit rock bottom. Why, becouse my competition started hiring I assume illegals ( paying them a 1/3rd of what I paid my help, my help was not being overpaid) they where able to underbid me on contracts by 50 % so you know what happened, I lost accounts.

I gave up the idea of being a mid size company and found that the solution for me was to focus on areas where I can specialize. BY avoiding high demand job situations and focusing on lesser demand jobs I no longer run up against companies that put me out of business. I now am basically a one man company, once in a while I have a helper, find smaller niches, that are not being paid much attention.

things like this go absolutely unoticed until it happens to you or something like this march brings out the kind of job takeover when all these illeagals pushed all these truck drivers out of work down at the long beach harbor, one of thelargest loading docks in the world