$2 bet at 8/1 or higher

race 2- #6
race 3- #5
race 5- #8
race 7- #6
race 8- #3

kingfin66
04-29-2006, 01:52 PM
I'm glad to see that somebody besides me sees the wisdom in checking out EmD, especially this time of year. There is mucho value to be had playing the horses of layoffs.

You look like you have done your homework ROI. I would ask you to also take a look at these horses:

Race 4 // #2 - This race is clouded by the appearance of several first timers, but the 2 is going to very hard to beat by any of these.

Race 6 // #3 - This one is going to come back stronger and looks ready to fire off the layoff.

Race 8 // #5 - Another one that looks ready to fire in a very wide open race.

bigmack
04-29-2006, 02:16 PM
Indeed EMD offers some nice value.

6th: I think the 3 is gonna have a tough time with the 1 and/or 7

8th: The 9 is worthy of a gander. It's a snug affair here but there should be a price as long as the front run of the 1 doesn't hold

2nd: The 6 seems a stretch with it's "in the money" % so crummy. 2-1 looks more likely.

3rd: The 5 has to get past the 2 and 7.

7th: The 6? Primetime for the hoss was aug/sept of 05 and comes in with average works. If the 1 runs close to his March 29 run he's gone.

Should be some prices though. Box em. You'll get it back in the exactas.

kingfin66
04-29-2006, 03:52 PM
Emerald Downs is cancelled for today - power outtage :mad:

Bigmack, you said that a horse comes into the race with "average" works. What do you mean by this? Are you referring to the times of the works or the number/spacing of the works? I'm guessing that you are referring to the times, but I hate to make assumptions. If, by chance, you are referring to the times of the works, how can you classify them as being below average, average, or above average? There is no way of knowing what the trainer instructed the exercise rider to do with regard to the training. You also have the issue of clocker accuracy, etc. Anyway, I'm just a little bit confused as to why the training times would matter.

bigmack
04-29-2006, 03:58 PM
I don't know I guess it's different syles or whatever. Do know that had I not looked at works I wouldn't just cashed the tri in the 7th @ CD for a nice amount. Had to throw in the 1A on my ticket as a result of his works.

EMD will play out. We'll see how it shakes.

kingfin66
04-29-2006, 04:03 PM
EMD will not play out. It is cancelled.