PDA

View Full Version : United 93

Snag
04-29-2006, 08:39 AM
Did anyone here see this movie yet? A friend called last evening and was really upset. She said she felt sad for the people and their familes on that flight but was upset with herself because she started feeling angry again, the same way, she said, she felt right after 911. I told her the angry feelings are justified and that's one reason I may not go see the movie.

twindouble
04-29-2006, 09:25 AM
Did anyone here see this movie yet? A friend called last evening and was really upset. She said she felt sad for the people and their familes on that flight but was upset with herself because she started feeling angry again, the same way, she said, she felt right after 911. I told her the angry feelings are justified and that's one reason I may not go see the movie.

It's a sad state of affairs in this country when someone needs a movie to be reminded of what happened on 9/11. The anger I have won't subside, it's burnt in my concience mind along with those that don't support our country.
They are the enemy within and in many ways are a greater threat to all of us.

Think about it!

T.D.

CryingForTheHorses
04-29-2006, 11:31 AM
It's a sad state of affairs in this country when someone needs a movie to be reminded of what happened on 9/11. The anger I have won't subside, it's burnt in my concience mind along with those that don't support our country.
They are the enemy within and in many ways are a greater threat to all of us.

Think about it!

T.D.

I dont understand why they are "Glorifying" this certain plane from 911. Granted they have proof that the passengers tried to retake control of the plane, I sure those other 2 planes also had Heros that we dont hear about.Anything to make money.

46zilzal
04-29-2006, 01:23 PM
This old line of "Yur with us or aggin' us" is really old. Granted there is an enemy out there. Lots of people just have a hard time understanding what this OUT OF TOUCH administration is doing about it.

Enemy within...what a bunch of crap!!! Right out of the book Banana Republicans

twindouble
04-29-2006, 01:43 PM
This old line of "Yur with us or aggin' us" is really old. Granted there is an enemy out there. Lots of people just have a hard time understanding what this OUT OF TOUCH administration is doing about it.

Enemy within...what a bunch of crap!!! Right out of the book Banana Republicans

Your the type that wouldn't smell the gas in your house and strike a match. Good luck. Tell me that 5 years from now if your still around.

46zilzal
04-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Your the type that wouldn't smell the gas in your house and strike a match. Good luck. Tell me that 5 years from now if your still around.
You're a contraction of You are

46zilzal
04-29-2006, 02:24 PM
you must have spoken to my otolaryngologist.

kenwoodallpromos
04-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Yes, we go far to make money- note the 9-11 movie.
I hear Oliver Stone has a flight 93 movie, that is all I will do is HEAR, not see that one.
Have you heard about the Golden Gate suicide movie?

Snag
04-29-2006, 04:02 PM
Have you heard about the Golden Gate suicide movie?

Marilyn Monroe comitted suicide at Golden Gate? I didn't know that ;)

46zilzal
04-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Marilyn Monroe comitted suicide at Golden Gate? I didn't know that ;)
David Jansen did the Golden Gate Muders, but the internet movie database doesn't mention a title like the above.

kenwoodallpromos
04-29-2006, 05:59 PM
from Bayinsideer.com- (movie about to comre out)

"UPDATED: 7:30 pm PST January 19, 2005

SAN FRANCISCO -- The film project was proposed as a "monuments documentary" intended to "capture the grandeur" of the Golden Gate Bridge.

But after a year, filmmaker Eric Steel ended up with footage of 19 deaths and several attempts by people who wanted to end their lives by jumping off what is regarded as the world's No. 1 suicide landmark".Getting back to the subject, there a many examples of gross films, real and re-enacted, that show blood and guts. Some have a point, and some are gutless.
Concidering we are seeing Alf-Kida actual films showing thwm blowing up Americans and Iraqis so the USA Arabs can cheer, a little realistic Americans trying to prevent additional deaths at the expense of living a few minutes longer seems to me to be tame- but the point was to get an emotiknal response and obiously it worked.
As much emotion as is evoked even on this off-topic forum by millionaire politician vs. millionaire politician, I think anyone here who wants to see it is welcome to as far as I am concerned.
Now if we were in a country which has censorship slanted toward the covernment, THEY would have put the movie out and rquire everyone to watch it!!

toetoe
04-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Zilz,

That does it. I'm getting out my sphygmomanometer.

Snag,

MANY have been committed at GGF. :D

46zilzal
04-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Zilz,

That does it. I'm getting out my sphygmomanometer.

well if it is Mecury based I would believe it, but aneroids need to be re-calibrated all the time. ONE of the many reasons that the ones in the drug store aren't accurate. That and people have to realize it is an average B.P. and must be evaluated over time.

toetoe
04-29-2006, 06:42 PM
:mad: SILENCE! ... if you value your half-life. :D

Lefty
04-30-2006, 07:59 PM
I dont understand why they are "Glorifying" this certain plane from 911. Granted they have proof that the passengers tried to retake control of the plane, I sure those other 2 planes also had Heros that we dont hear about.Anything to make money.
Maybe , butr we don't know about those. We do know about these and I see nothing wrong with giving them their due. Also, I understand the producers went to all the survivors of these brave passengers and cleared this movie with them. That's classy.

ecaroff
04-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Read the following two links. Those on the left that want us to pull out of Iraq, give the terrorists a "bill of rights", shut down the prisons and blame President Bush for everything need this wake up call.

Iran's secret plan if attacked
codenamed 'Judgment Day'
8 Islamist groups funded to strike
U.S. military, economic interests

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=49982

'American Hiroshima'
linked with Iran attack
Pakistani journalist who met bin Laden confirms al-Qaida nukes, says they may already be in U.S.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=49950

ecaroff
04-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Not that I believe all of this but if you really want to get a little worried - read this:

http://www.newprophecy.net/warroom.htm

Tom
04-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Maybe , butr we don't know about those. We do know about these and I see nothing wrong with giving them their due. Also, I understand the producers went to all the survivors of these brave passengers and cleared this movie with them. That's classy.

And they invited many of them to the premier, also classy.
I think the movie was done in good taste, and it probably fills a need, but I don't plan on seeing it. I'll donate the cost of a ticket to a 9-11 charity or something like that.

Secretariat
04-30-2006, 10:29 PM
Ecaroff,

I just got back, and seeing your worldnet quotes made me smile. Nothing like a little fear and another trillion or so to get the juices going. Let's hope more rational heads will prevail this time rather than the Slim Pickens mentality in the WH. btw...what does the invasion of Iraq and the deposition of Saddam Hussein have to do with Iran nuclear weapons. Basically, we give the Shia a solid majority cleric rule in Iraq which makes Iran quite happy. In fact Sistani I beleive used to have strong ties to Iran. On second thought...never mind.

ecaroff
04-30-2006, 11:08 PM
Ecaroff,

I just got back, and seeing your worldnet quotes made me smile. Nothing like a little fear and another trillion or so to get the juices going. Let's hope more rational heads will prevail this time rather than the Slim Pickens mentality in the WH. btw...what does the invasion of Iraq and the deposition of Saddam Hussein have to do with Iran nuclear weapons. Basically, we give the Shia a solid majority cleric rule in Iraq which makes Iran quite happy. In fact Sistani I beleive used to have strong ties to Iran. On second thought...never mind.

Did you know that we are in a war against terrorism? Oh, that's right, to those on the left 9/11 never happened - it was just a movie - it's too soon.