PDA

View Full Version : Bush switching parties?

Tom
04-27-2006, 11:28 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20060426-121912-1269r.htm

Look out Ljb and Hcap....here comes Bush - he's now a democrat.
Locking fellow republicans out of a key immigration meeting, Bush appears to have turned his back on the republicans and joined the dems.

This could really be a conumdrum for those here who think ABBB and those who think NBBB!:eek:

Bush, Kennedy, and Turbin Durbin on the same team? Didn't know they all went "both ways!" :lol: Sounds like they ALL are drinking again.

Tip: Don't ride home with Teddy.

Secretariat
04-30-2006, 10:44 PM
Please Tom..that is really scary.

Yes, GW has submitted to Congress the biggest spending budgets in history, but I'd have to duck and cover if he became a Democrat.

I wonder if he can we get out of office with approval over Nixons.

ljb
05-01-2006, 01:15 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20060426-121912-1269r.htm

Look out Ljb and Hcap....here comes Bush - he's now a democrat.
Locking fellow republicans out of a key immigration meeting, Bush appears to have turned his back on the republicans and joined the dems.

This could really be a conumdrum for those here who think ABBB and those who think NBBB!:eek:

Bush, Kennedy, and Turbin Durbin on the same team? Didn't know they all went "both ways!" :lol: Sounds like they ALL are drinking again.

Tip: Don't ride home with Teddy.
Tom,
I recall reading in another thread where you were complaining about the immigration problem. I agreed with most of what you said except. you blamed the "libs" for not doing anything about it. I was going to point out to you at that time that it is the republicans in congress that are holding up any action on this problem. You seem to be wanting your cake and eating it too here ???

andicap
05-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Tom,

You ought to take a close look at Mark Warner, ex Governor of Virginia for a possible presidential candidate. I'm sure you won't agree with him on everything, but he's a relatively fiscal conservative, not a big gun control guy, pretty moderate overall although I'm not yet sure how much he would take on the big corporations, the people really ruining the country.

It's still two years away of course, but I'm trying to find the best anti-Hillary candidate, the one I can live with philosophically and has the best chance to win.

Tom
05-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Tom,
I recall reading in another thread where you were complaining about the immigration problem. I agreed with most of what you said except. you blamed the "libs" for not doing anything about it. I was going to point out to you at that time that it is the republicans in congress that are holding up any action on this problem. You seem to be wanting your cake and eating it too here ???

No, actually I place the majority of the blame on Bush. His failure to act and his big mouth spewing off stupidity as if were honey have cause illegal crossing to skyrocket during his miserable terms. I thought it said a lot that the two repubs that are hard liners on illegal invasions were excluded in favore of air head libs - that bunch he met with are the bottom of the barrel.
For the record, I have lost respect for most repub - having control of the whole damn governemtn and failing to do anything but issue pork and support big business show thier true colors.
So we are stuck woith two parties - one full of idiots and the other full of greedy bastards. Nice country, eh?

Tom
05-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Tom,

You ought to take a close look at Mark Warner, ex Governor of Virginia for a possible presidential candidate. I'm sure you won't agree with him on everything, but he's a relatively fiscal conservative, not a big gun control guy, pretty moderate overall although I'm not yet sure how much he would take on the big corporations, the people really ruining the country.

It's still two years away of course, but I'm trying to find the best anti-Hillary candidate, the one I can live with philosophically and has the best chance to win.

Didn't you say that aobut Dean a few years ago? :eek::rolleyes:;)
Just kidding.
I agree about Hillary - she has a magnetic personality - whatever side of an issue someone is on, she is drawn to it. Ambidestrous lady. (S)witch hhitter.

Right now, I don't think anyone can unscrew the mess we have for a congress - both sides of the aisle have garbage piling up and the stench is unbearable. I have no hope for this government to ever again represent the people. It is time for radical changes.