PDA

View Full Version : Churchill Downs

BELMONT 6-6-09
04-27-2006, 09:19 PM
The spring has finally arrived with the opening of the churchill downs meeting.Yes the derby is the obvious feature.However, i'm very interested in the consistent large fields offered on a daily basis at this track.

It is my opinion that full fields offer the horseplayer the best advantages possible...more value for your wagering dollar along with the chance to really collect on a monster mutuel payoff that can be the lone source of a yearly profit.

Yes it takes a great deal of preparation to detail and homework to gain the necessary edge but at least there is a reward for the effort.The northern and southern california tracks are quite franky boring with the steady diet of small fields and virtually unplayable affairs.

Churchill offers a great opportunity to take calculated risks in the straight and exotic pools.this is one of only a few meetings where you can take real chances on the win end and hit a homerun as legitimate 5/1 shots stand at 15/1 or more at post time.Connect on a few of these prices and the game is suddenly very beatable.

Good luck to all of the hunters who will stalk their prey at the churchill meeting. Zappi:jump:

dutzman
04-27-2006, 10:08 PM
Agree 100%!!! I love Churchill!

Valuist
04-28-2006, 12:12 AM
Now that Keeneland is going to get rid of their main track, maybe Churchill will absorb their dates.

kenwoodallpromos
04-28-2006, 12:48 AM
I love the CD track, but I'm worried this thread will be pullled because you did not use the word YUM! LOL!!

hracingplyr
04-28-2006, 07:21 AM
would go easy at churchill at first, don't forget they are not testing for milk shakes anymore, dale romans and the boys should have a field day there.

turfbar
04-28-2006, 08:07 AM
would go easy at churchill at first, don't forget they are not testing for milk shakes anymore, dale romans and the boys should have a field day there.

I was under the impression testing for milkshakes was an ongoing day after day
procedure . Whats up wit dat?

Turfbar

Tom
04-28-2006, 09:22 AM
Didnt' they need to cust costs, so they decided thier integrity was expendable?

kid4rilla
04-28-2006, 09:37 AM

When did this end? How would you know?

skate
04-28-2006, 02:50 PM
posalutily, zappi.

i'm gonna check em out, along with evd and some hw.
a little early for me at CD. good card.

hracingplyr
04-28-2006, 06:58 PM
the track stated around 4 or 5 weeks ago they did not have enough vets for the tests.

GlenninOhio
04-28-2006, 07:39 PM

Dale Romans' great success (in Kentucky and in many other jurisdictions) has had nothing to do with milkshaking.

Why the gratuitous slam?

BIG49010
04-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Do you remember Blairwood / Briarwood on Derby Day? Does it "ringer a bell" :lol:

PaceAdvantage
04-29-2006, 12:13 AM
the track stated around 4 or 5 weeks ago they did not have enough vets for the tests.

Tests are back on, as of last month:

http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=33147

The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority has hired a new veterinarian who will help with pre-race "milkshake" testing.

And people think NYRA is cash strapped? Jeez.....

Valuist
04-29-2006, 02:02 AM
We'll see about that. I've heard that they were supposedly "on" last year and the whole process was a total joke. Basically, if it isn't the Derby, the Oaks or the Stephan Foster, anything goes.