PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's financial report...

Bubbles
08-05-2002, 04:26 PM
Hey...

This Saratoga meet has, at least for me, been filled with clutch hits to return home with more money than what I went through the turnstiles with. Saturday was no different.
I hadn't hit a blessed thing going into the Whitney. I figured that I was due. I had Left Bank and Street Cry in doubles with Yankee Gentleman in the tenth. Naturally, when Left Bank ran the lights out in the Grade 1, I was jumping up and down with joy.
Just as insurance, I played a horse named River Rush with Yankee Gentleman and an also-ran in boxed exactas for a buck. After all, when you've been losing all day, it's all you can afford without borrowing money. (True story.)
And, as Boris Badenov from the old Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons would say...SOMEBODY UP THERE LIKES ME!!!!
Like in a B-movie script, River Rush came out flying and never looked back while Yankee Gentleman hung in second. The result was a $31.25 hit, which led to an $11.25 gain on the day, my personal best in three trips to the Spa this year. In case you don't have a calculator on hand, I'm now up $16.75 on the meet. Sure, it's not much, but it'll do.
River Rush for Horse of the Year? It hasn't slipped my mind...