PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Park Pulls a Magna

thebeacondeacon
04-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Everyone remembers a few years ago, when Frank Stronach withdrew the Santa Anita signal from the world and confined it to his in-house XpressBet. I don't think HRTV was even available on more than one or two cable outlets.

Well, taking a page from Stronach's book, the "We-Won't-Have-Turf-Racing-At-The-Fall-Meeting" management of Hollywood Park appears to be confining California's major Spring-Summer meeting signal to YouBet's thumbnail video and shutting out the eBet, TVG and HRTV/Xpressbet bettors and fans.

If Hollywood Park was still in the hands of racing people, such as Marge Everett, this never would have happened.

Are the Las Vegas racebooks still carrying Hollywood Park?

thebeacondeacon

ratpack
04-26-2006, 03:29 PM
Maybe we will get some info this meet about the fate of Hollywood Park for the 3 years that is has at Inglewood.

I still think it is headed for Los Al but we will see.

Tom
04-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Good match - You Bet and Hollywood - those 5 horse fileds will fit nicely in that teeny weeny excuse for video. :lol:

Last fall, I did not see any DIRT races at HOL either......not worth the bother to download the cards.

fouroneone
04-26-2006, 04:02 PM
cant you just go to www.calracing.com and sign up for the free video link? Working fine for me.

Everyone remembers a few years ago, when Frank Stronach withdrew the Santa Anita signal from the world and confined it to his in-house XpressBet. I don't think HRTV was even available on more than one or two cable outlets.

Well, taking a page from Stronach's book, the "We-Won't-Have-Turf-Racing-At-The-Fall-Meeting" management of Hollywood Park appears to be confining California's major Spring-Summer meeting signal to YouBet's thumbnail video and shutting out the eBet, TVG and HRTV/Xpressbet bettors and fans.

If Hollywood Park was still in the hands of racing people, such as Marge Everett, this never would have happened.

Are the Las Vegas racebooks still carrying Hollywood Park?

thebeacondeacon

RuffianSam
04-26-2006, 04:17 PM
NOW ON TVG! Hollywood Park

kingfin66
04-26-2006, 08:07 PM
Yeah beacon,

I'm not sure where you got this info. I concur that Hollywood was definitely on TVG today. Thanks goodness.

As for Tom's comment about the short fields. Come on Tom. Sure it happens at Hollywood just like it does many other tracks. Even your beloved Finger Licken' has issues with the horse population does it not? I'ver never had an issue with the Hollywood field sizes as most of the races that I would want to play their do fill up enough for me - maidens and turf. Of course, it did suck when they didn't have turf....

bigmack
04-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Good match - You Bet and Hollywood - those 5 horse fileds will fit nicely in that teeny weeny excuse for video. :lol:

Last fall, I did not see any DIRT races at HOL either......not worth the bother to download the cards.

Teeny Weeny video becomes full screen video by a click of the moose

JustRalph
04-26-2006, 09:07 PM
From BloodHorse.com
~snippet~

Interruption of Hollywood Signal on TVG Averted
by Jack Shinar
Date Posted: 4/26/2006 8:32:39 PM
Last Updated: 4/26/2006 8:40:30 PM

A dispute between TVG and the Thoroughbred Owners of California was resolved Wednesday afternoon allowing transmission of Hollywood Park's signal on the racing network just minutes before the track's first race of the 2006 season.
A TVG spokesman said the problem arose when the TOC, which has proprietary rights over television signals from California tracks, "dropped four pages of conditions" on TVG for televising the Hollywood meet.

Hollywood Park is one of TVG's exclusive racetrack clients.

Drew Couto, TOC's president, said there was a misunderstanding. "It was the exact same application that we have sent them the last four years," he said. "I wasn't aware there was a problem until I saw an e-mail from a reporter this morning at 6:45."

TVG pulled Hollywood Park off of its list of available tracks on its wagering Web site and didn't restore it until the issue was resolved in a meeting at the track.

~snippet~

see the rest here http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=33238

Sailwolf
04-26-2006, 09:13 PM
Drew Couto, TOC's president, said there was a misunderstanding. "It was the exact same application that we have sent them the last four years," he said.

Right. If you believe the above, I have a bridge on the east coast for sale.:faint:

Steve 'StatMan'
04-26-2006, 11:00 PM
QUOTE from Tom: Good match - You Bet and Hollywood - those 5 horse fileds will fit nicely in that teeny weeny excuse for video.

Yes Tom, as mentioned above by bigmack, on the website-based YouBet, click inside the video picture, and get full screen video, or click on size in the video window, and choose from 1x, 2x or full screen. Of course, you'll want to set the preferences for the high speed connection. If that's still set to 56k, that video wouldn't look good compared to what I and many of us get with Broadband, DSL, etc.

You aren't using the older CD versions of YouBet for your commentary, are you? (Though I have a friend who still loves his old CD version).

thebeacondeacon
04-26-2006, 11:48 PM
All's well that ends well.

thebeacondeacon

kingfin66
04-26-2006, 11:54 PM
All's well that ends well.

thebeacondeacon

Amen to that!

Sailwolf
04-27-2006, 03:39 AM
Amen to that!

Where is the daily replay show?

kingfin66
04-27-2006, 10:28 AM
Sorry, I can't help you there.

Tom
04-27-2006, 11:05 AM
Teeny Weeny video becomes full screen video by a click of the moose

Yes...becomes "fuzzy wuzzy" video! :lol:

fouroneone
04-27-2006, 12:09 PM
TVG is garbage, hopefully more tracks cut off their feed

JustRalph
04-27-2006, 12:11 PM
TVG is garbage, hopefully more tracks cut off their feed

Would you care to elaborate? I don't like how they do things either......but they have been there when others weren't. In spite of serious losses they are still on the air.

Tom
04-27-2006, 12:17 PM
TVG and HRTV = GOOD video, and a volume control button.
What else is there?

JustRalph
04-27-2006, 12:31 PM
TVG and HRTV = GOOD video, and a volume control button.
What else is there?

in my new house I only have HRTV and I have to admit..........they all start to run together after a while........just like TVG. I try real hard not to listen to them................

fouroneone
04-27-2006, 01:07 PM
in my new house I only have HRTV and I have to admit..........they all start to run together after a while........just like TVG. I try real hard not to listen to them................

thats a better way of putting it

they each have their faults

HRTV highlights tracks which do not deserve it

TVG Will have announcers yammer on at the Desk while the crawl at the bottom shows the race going off that very moment.

Dont get why someone doesn't offer an HPI equivilant or just track feeds

Hosshead
04-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Where is the daily replay show?Hollywood Park has yanked the nightly replay show Off of the TV channels !!
Now it is replayed only on TVG.
At least Santa Anita still shows the daily replay show on "regular" TV, for All to see. (and tape)

Zman179
04-27-2006, 07:47 PM
You mean that people STILL bet on Southern California tracks?

bigmack
04-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Yeah, you got it Zman. The racing @ SA at DM sucks! Racing in NY is so much better. Sure babe.

Tom
04-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Hollywood is on the TVG schedule today...night racing for us easterners!

JustRalph
04-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Hollywood is on the TVG schedule today...night racing for us easterners!

I hope the card is decent. I can drive home tonight after work ( 2 hours) and still have plenty of time to look at the card and play. Even though I will have to watch online............