PDA

View Full Version : Costs Rising Everywhere on Everything...

Observer
04-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Okay, so I've bitched about gas prices .. now I'm bitching that my mortgage is up over $100 this month. Not sure why .. but I'm gonna guess because my property taxes went up, and there's not enough in escrow (AGAIN). Happens every single year. So with a gas bill that's double what it was not long ago, and a mortgage that just never stops increasing .. and jobs with more pathetic wages out there compared to the pathetic wages I bring in now .. I guess it's still all my fault, and I really shouldn't be bitching at all. As if working 3 jobs isn't enough .. well, apparently not in this day.

I'd love to hear some really strong, strategic money tips, if anyone would care to share.

Tom
04-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Move to Mexico. :rolleyes:

twindouble
04-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Okay, so I've bitched about gas prices .. now I'm bitching that my mortgage is up over $100 this month. Not sure why .. but I'm gonna guess because my property taxes went up, and there's not enough in escrow (AGAIN). Happens every single year. So with a gas bill that's double what it was not long ago, and a mortgage that just never stops increasing .. and jobs with more pathetic wages out there compared to the pathetic wages I bring in now .. I guess it's still all my fault, and I really shouldn't be bitching at all. As if working 3 jobs isn't enough .. well, apparently not in this day.

I'd love to hear some really strong, strategic money tips, if anyone would care to share.

Those variable mortages can be a killer, they work well under under certain conditions, we nailed a fixed rate many years ago. I feel for those that are holding the bag now, 15 rate increases.:eek:

Observer
04-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Sorry I didn't mention it .. but this is a fixed rate mortgage .. it was refinanced a few years ago .. and the payment is now several hundred more per month than what we were quoted during the refi process .. because of escalating property taxes .. which the mortgage pays through escrow tied to the account.

JustRalph
04-25-2006, 12:42 PM
Sorry I didn't mention it .. but this is a fixed rate mortgage .. it was refinanced a few years ago .. and the payment is now several hundred more per month than what we were quoted during the refi process .. because of escalating property taxes .. which the mortgage pays through escrow tied to the account.

been there done that. School levy signs...... I run over them with my truck!

twindouble
04-25-2006, 12:51 PM

Oh yes, we get whacked every year here with property, water and sewer taxes. The latest is, they want to purchase land for conservation that will cost us another 3% rate increase in property taxes. I told them to zone it and put extreme limits on development. That don't take any money, just a couple town meetings to vote on it.:mad:

michiken
04-25-2006, 05:50 PM
You forgot the key economic indicator - when McDonalds raises there prices, everything else will follow in line. :)

kenwoodallpromos
04-25-2006, 07:47 PM
2 Things I can think may contribute to the taxes going up- increased value of your property, and increased tax rate because the feds and state are cutting back on money going to local govts.

Observer
04-25-2006, 10:09 PM
The taxes go up every year. It's nothing new. It's also not something you think about when you're preparing to purchase a house and are figuring finances. At least I didn't. But then again, there once was a time when companies gave out cost of living increases. That hasn't happened in my world in a very long time. At the rate it's going, in a few more years, the monthly mortgage payment will be $1000 more than the original payment.
:faint: