PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle issues

Valuist
04-22-2006, 04:17 PM
Completely locked out of the 7th from Keeneland. With 15 minites to post, it said the race was "off". Tried re-logging in 4 times. Same old story. Could only bet the 8th. Like the rebate but sometimes it just isn't worth it.

hbeck
04-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Use Betcris.com then.

DeoVolente
04-22-2006, 10:16 PM
You should always have a backup

Valuist
04-22-2006, 10:59 PM
I've got a Brisbet account, although I haven't used it in a while. Yeah, that is my fault. But it still isn't the point; if you're the biggest sports and racing offshore in the world, you aren't supposed to have these repeated software gliches. This is the 3rd time in the past month I've had it happen; THe Illnois and Arkansas Derbys and the Kee stake today. Inexcusable.

Hosshead
04-23-2006, 01:01 AM
... if you're the biggest sports and racing offshore in the world, you aren't supposed to have these repeated software gliches. Inexcusable.Yes, but - Maybe it's not a software glitch.

cj
04-23-2006, 06:30 AM
Completely locked out of the 7th from Keeneland. With 15 minites to post, it said the race was "off". Tried re-logging in 4 times. Same old story. Could only bet the 8th. Like the rebate but sometimes it just isn't worth it.

I saw that it said "off", but I just entered the bet anyway and it was accepted...unfortunately.

BIG49010
04-23-2006, 09:53 AM
I was at a friends place a few days ago in Canada, and he has betfair.com I couldn't believe how he could bet until they were a few feet out of the gate.

I wish we had it in the USA, nothing compares to this!

Roamin
04-23-2006, 01:07 PM
I have been with Pinnacle for almost 2 yrs now, I never experienced any problems. I have made bets as close as 2 min to post.

cj
04-23-2006, 01:33 PM
I'm not so sure the ability to bet as "late" as 2 mtp is a thing to brag about, especially at lower class tracks.

BetHorses!
04-24-2006, 12:06 AM
Don't forget you could always call it in to Pinny. $100 minimum total for the call.

Valuist
04-24-2006, 12:42 AM
CJ-

Interesting that you were able to get the bet in when it said "off". I've never been able to do that, even when it locks out real early (10-20 minutes before post time).

They did save me some $$ by passing the Ill. & Arky Derbies but cost me this time. The two "Gold" horses were great value plays in that turf sprint. I would've missed the P4 so that didn't matter. And I wasn't about to phone in 32 P4 tickets at $100/ticket. Its not that the entire bet has to be $100. EACH BET must be at least $100.

BetHorses!
04-24-2006, 12:50 AM
Its not that the entire bet has to be $100. EACH BET must be at least $100.

Val,

Its $100 total per call NOT each bet

AwolAtPA
04-24-2006, 01:23 AM
I have been with Pinnacle for almost 2 yrs now, I never experienced any problems. I have made bets as close as 2 min to post.

thanks for the note Roamin,

I just started using Pinnacle and have been able to bet near '..loading into gate..', yes, under two MTP. However, there was one race that had the wrong odds under the bet number but I copied the screen to report later after making my bet. The bet paid the correct track odds instead of the inflated values on the bet screen. I knew the odds were wrong because I have WinTicket (AmeriTab) in another window for exacta and win odds.

------------------------------
aaah, say CJ,

how did you know Roamin bet at '..lower class tracks..'?

I did not see that he was '..BRAGGIN..' and am glad he took the time to share his experience. I was really puzzled by your reference to '..low class..' tracks, as if, getting paid for a good bet has more validity at a '..higher class...' track.

Do you have a special form of telepathy?

Awol

cj
04-24-2006, 02:36 AM
aaah, say CJ,

how did you know Roamin bet at '..lower class tracks..'?

I did not see that he was '..BRAGGIN..' and am glad he took the time to share his experience. I was really puzzled by your reference to '..low class..' tracks, as if, getting paid for a good bet has more validity at a '..higher class...' track.

Do you have a special form of telepathy?

Awol

My point about lower class tracks has nothing to do with getting paid, it has to do with having very little clue what the odds will be at off time as compared to 2 mtp. You can get a pretty good gauge at the major tracks, but at a place like Tdn or CT, this isn't the case. If you don't care what your final odds will be, then by all means bet at 2mtp.

Valuist
04-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Another thing about Pinnacle I've noticed re: the odds. Sometimes you'll see correct up to minute odds, sometimes they just leave the morning line odds, even with 2 minutes to post. Don't make a bet based on the odds Pinny is showing.

Roamin
04-25-2006, 09:33 AM
cj, i wasn't bragging, just posting an answer about Pinnacle, my money don't go on lower class tracks. Very seldom do I ever bet CT,Mnr,etc. I really don't have to answer to you but at the time I made that late bet was because I got in late just in time to at least get it in.

BIG49010
04-25-2006, 10:02 AM
They are a "bookmaker", the goal of a bookmaker is to beat you! Frustration, helps the cause of the bookmaker, you are only going to hit a minor percentage of your plays, so odds are on the side of the bookmaker when you chase to catch up for the lost play.

A good site would accept your bets up to 1 minute to post, and if they are going to layoff the money they have a minute to do so, which is along time it you have people that are good. These guy have no balls. The java they are using just doesn't work, and to me it is not worth the small percentage.:bang:

Valuist
04-25-2006, 10:44 AM
I think if you are going to bet the small tracks, you are better off making your wagers early on. There is so much late tote movement that the value you think you're getting disappears. The worst thing of all is to like a particular horse, get off him because perceived low odds, bet another horse, only to have your original horse win (and his odds rise in the last minute or two while your "perceived value" horse gets hammered late). With small tracks, its better to be proactive than re-active to the tote.

DrugSalvastore
04-25-2006, 12:08 PM
If you are trying to get a bet in a few minutes before the race, and you get the "Race is closed" nonsense....Just keep re-submiting the wager....the majority of the time it will take it...sometimes on like the 6th try. It's weird...I know.

Just watch your total amount in the right-hand corner and be careful you don't get carried away. Once it accepts the wager, it will immediately subtract the size of your bet from your account balance.

Valuist
04-25-2006, 01:13 PM
No, the problem I had was I couldn't get in to place the wager. 15 minutes to post, it said the 7th was "off". I tried to get in to wager but it wouldn't let me type anything in. I could still bet other tracks but for Kee it would only let me bet the 8th or 9th. I must've logged out and back in at least 3 different times to no avail. And once the 7th was over, there was no more problems. This also happened during the Illinois and Arkansas Derbies.

cnollfan
04-25-2006, 06:24 PM
I have been pleased on the whole with Pinnacle, but today I kept getting "connection error" messages when I tried to place bets. I got a few of them in but not the rest of them. Rebooted my computer, no help. Placed the bets with another online venue, no problem.