PDA

View Full Version : Replay A/V -- record streaming video?

andicap
04-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Not sure whether this belonged in software or not -- figured it wasn't a handicapping software device so it didn't , but has anyone tried the software you can use to record streaming video? Called Replay A/V and its only about $50 plus you might need to buy a card.

any value for us? The article I read this week said it can download "unprotected" streams, so not sure if that would kill any chances of recording streamed races and saving them.

http://www.applian.com/replay-av/index.php

OverlayHunter
04-23-2006, 07:12 AM
Oddly enough, I bought that program just yesterday afternoon to use for its audio capabilities and, at least for the one internet radio program I wanted to capture, it worked easily and flawlessly and produced a file with what appears to be decent sound quality (I've only listened to about a minute or so of the hour recorded).

The sound card in my laptop has some shortcomings that made it impossible (at least for me) to capture sound any other way. I haven't had a chance to explore the program yet but I believe it also has the ability to capture sound that goes through the card as well.

OverlayHunter
04-23-2006, 07:38 AM
I should have mentioned that it is easy to download, install and test for your intended purpose. They don't give you much recording time as part of the demo (I think 15 min.) but for my purposes a minute was sufficient to determine that it would do what I needed. I suggest you try it to see if it will do what you want.

Tom
04-23-2006, 11:20 AM
Thanks, guys....this is interesting.
Can you be capturing a file while not listening to it? I have a conflict of two shows I like - one on radio and on the net - at the same time. This would be handy.

andicap
04-23-2006, 06:14 PM
O/H,
Have you tested the video capabilities yet?

OverlayHunter
04-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Andicap,

I had about 5 minutes to play with video and didn't get it to work but that was without reading directions - literally just fiddling around. It will likely be next weekend before I can do more with that. I think you should download the program and try the exact video you want to capture. That's the only sure way to know if it will do what you need. It's free to download and easy to install. If it doesn't work, just uninstall.