PDA

View Full Version : Rituals while waiting for results

Maverick58034
04-22-2006, 01:26 AM
Hey everyone,

I was just seeing if anyone had a ritual that they do while they are at home waiting for results. Since online wagering is illegal in Missouri, and we don't have a racetrack, I have to drive to Illinois (Fairmount Park whoo-hoo!) to wager. Anywho, this past week i have lost 2 Pick 6's and 3 Pick 4's on the last leg ($8500 Golden Gate a few days ago... ran second (ouch!)). Anywho, I realized that since my handicapping is obviously perfect (duh), it must be my ritual while I check and wait for results. I typically pace around the room, scroll through the form to double check my picks, and, well, I guess thats about it. Anyways, im 4/4 at Los Al right now, so lets see if a new ritual will help!

What about you all?

toetoe
04-22-2006, 01:53 AM
Another board member had the same 5-for-5, and the same failed even-money "horse" in the last leg.
It's nice to pretend to have a life, as opposed to being glued to a monitor, at home or at the scream-ulcast site.
Now that I think of it, I know at least two people that would have it. I think it might be $1,000 and change. Was that one ticket that day, or was there a hangover?

Maverick58034
04-22-2006, 02:13 AM
Amazingly enough, I dont think there was a hangover. The guy that won was my second choice, but didnt want to 2x my ticket again. What a bummer. It ceases to amaze me that I triple when my first choice wins anyways, and i single when my second/third choice squeezes it out.

But hey, my new ritual of watching T.V. was successful, as I did win Los Al P6. But 176.00 payout for a Pick 6? ouch. Couldn't get any bombs to run.

Tom
04-22-2006, 11:24 AM
Hey everyone,

I was just seeing if anyone had a ritual that they do while they are at home waiting for results......
What about you all?

Bang the montitor and swear a lot!