PDA

View Full Version : HPI TV

Zaf
04-21-2006, 11:26 PM
Starting in May I will be receiving two HPI TV channels. Does anyone here subscribe and if so do you like the broadcasts ? My expectations aren't too high judging on what others on this form have to say about HPI in general.

Z

BIG49010
04-22-2006, 04:08 PM
I love it, I also subscribe to the NYRA and Woodbine full track feed.

They talk a little too much, but nothing like TVG, but they wait for WO and harness too long sometimes, but they do get the races on asap.

Zaf
04-22-2006, 10:50 PM
Thanks Big,

Glad to hear the positive feedback.

Z

AngelEyes
04-24-2006, 12:38 AM
Can't stand it that they give priority to Meadowlands harness racing over major U.S. thoroughbred tracks when races are about to go off at the same. Today was a perfect example. Aqueduct got cancelled due to bad weather after a couple races. They decided to now cover Meadowlands in progress which took precedence over Keeneland and Gulfstream. Hate that. Also suggest to wear earplugs during Fraser Downs coverage. That announcer is an irritating idiot.

46zilzal
04-24-2006, 02:23 AM
Can't stand it that they give priority to Meadowlands harness racing over major U.S. thoroughbred tracks when races are about to go off at the same. They decided to now cover Meadowlands in progress which took precedence over Keeneland and Gulfstream. Hate that. Also suggest to wear earplugs during Fraser Downs coverage. That announcer is an irritating idiot.

Usually show Meadowlands on Sundays.
Have to understand but there are probably as many standarbred fans in their coverage area as T-bred fans. I have visited their studios (even had my picture taken in the annoncer's chair in the booth) and saw first hand their demographics. They have to support their fan base or won't have one very long. I like the way they cover foreign contests: Tokyo, Hong Kong, Barbados, Parisian trotting, all the major Aussie races, Arc and cover specials (like the two Hawthorne races over the weekend).

The Fraser Doqwns guy is the worst I ever heard in 40 years of following the track. Look up fraserdowns.com and tell them about it. If enough complain he will be gone. I know I have.

beertapper
04-24-2006, 02:52 AM
i decided to sign up for bell expressvu for the 2 channel HPItv package. Looking forward to watching international (esp HK / Japan) racing at night. There aren't many other tracks racing at that time, so they shouldn't have to jump from track to track as much.

does anyone know if the HPI odds channel also shows payouts for various races?

does anyone know if HPI also airs the Dubai world cup?

BIG49010
04-24-2006, 10:32 AM
They show Dubi racing during the Carnival and the Cup, which is a plus!

The odds and results are always on, but you have to be careful when they have Canada pool only.

That did stink yesterday when Meadowlands pre-empted the race at Gulfstream.