PDA

View Full Version : STk2000

John
08-03-2002, 08:25 AM
I just registered For STK 2000.[ $25.00 ] makes me a member user.

Thought I would go back to the begining of "Software links" surely someone would have talked about the software,gave thier opinion, as other members usual do. but I never found anything mention

The man who runs it Vern Brown seems to be honest about his sotware and has answered at least a dozon e-mails or links I sent him.

Anyone using Stk 2000 . Your thoghts and the best way you use it would be appreciated..........Thanks

"IF WISHES WERE HORSES,WE'D ALL RIDE."

PaceAdvantage
08-03-2002, 10:55 AM
I've used it.....I actually registered many years ago.....

I've always liked the theory behind the program, liked the man behind the program, but never was satisfied with the real world results. I'm sure a lot has changed since I was using the software. Let us know how it goes....

==PA

John
08-03-2002, 11:08 AM
PA
I am running it for the first time today. A major track and a smaller handle track. I have not fooled with the settings yet just going to let it run the way it is setup. I really don't know if that is the way to go....We will see. all I am doing today is looking at the A,B,C,D and how they finish.

sq764
08-03-2002, 03:54 PM
I have played around with it in the past and it seems to work better on the speed tracks (Evangeline, Mountaineer, etc..).. I would just put more emphasis on the speed figures in the race and it would pop up a nice longshot once in a while..

Secretariat
08-03-2002, 10:42 PM
I've used STK 97, 98, 2000 and 2001 and 2002. Don't use it anymore with the advent of better programs such as Equisim, Lightning Profits, and HSH.

The concept appeared good, but never held up well in my tests. Yes, Vern is a nice guy though.

baravot
08-04-2002, 01:56 AM
Secretariat,

Is there a link to Lightning Profits?

Thanks

Secretariat
08-04-2002, 12:49 PM
They've just begun their website, but been around for awhile.

http://www.albanyitg.com/sedona/default.htm