PDA

View Full Version : $75.00 a barrow.

twindouble
04-21-2006, 02:17 PM
:lol: How does it feel getting it shoved up the butt, what was the big change over night?? Must have sprung a small leak somewhere. :lol: Real smart people comparing oil to milk. :lol: We are going to fight a war and run the county on butter fat. :D

T.D.

Snag
04-21-2006, 03:05 PM
:lol: How does it feel getting it shoved up the butt, what was the big change over night?? Must have sprung a small leak somewhere. :lol: Real smart people comparing oil to milk. :lol: We are going to fight a war and run the county on butter fat. :D

T.D.

These must be the same people that think we can talk Iran out of their nukes. :ThmbDown:

Tom
04-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Whatever it was, it was not a knee jerk reaction! :rolleyes::lol:

Hammerhead
04-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Ran my auto at less then 60 mph for 2 weeks regular gas 72 miles per day round trip. Screwed them basturds out of 3.6 gallons of gas. Went from 27 to 34.8 mpg Best I can do to screw these suckers
:mad:

twindouble
04-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Ran my auto at less then 60 mph for 2 weeks regular gas 72 miles per day round trip. Screwed them basturds out of 3.6 gallons of gas. Went from 27 to 34.8 mpg Best I can do to screw these suckers
:mad:

I haven't baught a gallon of gas for my truck sense November. When I do go somewhere I use the wifes Corolla. This summer, I'll syphone what I need for the lawn mower and weed wacker from the truck, paid a little less than $2.18 a gal for it back then. We will use, just under 200 gal less fuel oil for heat this past winter and I'll improve on that next year. I cut my showers down to 3 minutes on low flow. Now that's its nice out, I'll walk to the varity store. Anyone who doubts me, I fax to you last years oil bills and this years through March. :cool:

T.D.

JustRalph
04-21-2006, 10:32 PM
I haven't baught a gallon of gas for my truck sense November. When I do go somewhere I use the wifes Corolla. This summer, I'll syphone what I need for the lawn mower and weed wacker from the truck, paid a little less than $2.18 a gal for it back then. We will use, just under 200 gal less fuel oil for heat this past winter and I'll improve on that next year. I cut my showers down to 3 minutes on low flow. Now that's its nice out, I'll walk to the varity store. Anyone who doubts me, I fax to you last years oil bills and this years through March. :cool: T.D.

can you convert that into dollars for me? How much did you save?

twindouble
04-21-2006, 10:41 PM
can you convert that into dollars for me? How much did you save?

I contracted my fuel oil for $2.29.9 a gal that's a $458.00 savings. In other words, I made up the higher cost over last years price plus. Now if I didn't contract and went with the market my savings would have been less.

Tom
04-21-2006, 11:12 PM
I have an idea - how about state and federal govs reduce the TAXES on gas to help us out?
Bush is all gaa gaa over tax cuts - this would be the prefect tax to cut! Instant refund, help everyone today!

Oh man, I gotta get that hole in my head filled!:rolleyes:

twindouble
04-21-2006, 11:19 PM
I have an idea - how about state and federal govs reduce the TAXES on gas to help us out?
Bush is all gaa gaa over tax cuts - this would be the prefect tax to cut! Instant refund, help everyone today!

Oh man, I gotta get that hole in my head filled!:rolleyes:

Not likely to happen Tom, like I said awhile back we can create a glut of oil in a short time, just threw conservation and buying more fuel efficient cars, my wife's new car, the Corolla gets 15 miles more a gal than the Buick did, even better on trips. Granted I think she was safer in a bigger car but she doesn't drive to work any more, she works at home. She drove to Maine and got 39 miles to a gal.

twindouble
04-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Remember that thread I started two or three weeks ago. "What do Experts do." They are freaking drive me nuts!:mad: I skip around on the news channels, so far I must have got 10 different answers as why oil prices are where they are today.:bang: They spin the problem into oblivion, I'm beginning to think like Tom, line the bastards up and shoot them! :D

Tom
04-27-2006, 11:21 AM
TD, your "packet" is in the mail.:eek:

Seems I remeber hearing Bush say oil prices would pay for the Iraq rebuilding - wrong.
I remeber hearing about how gas prices would drop after the war...wrong.
I heard that our capacity was maxed out and that was what was driving prices up, so it that is true, what good will drilling in Alaska do, of off shore drilling? We should only create a backlog of crude waiting to be processed.
How about this - what percent of the world's oil did Iraq contribute before the war? How much are they contributing now? Did WE cause an oil shortage?

Seems that the real answer is "flexible."

twindouble
04-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Another thing, the conditions in the middle east and through out the worlds are the most volatile than I can ever think of when it comes to energy. Everything could explode in our face and what does Bush propose to do, stop building our reserves, to save a few cents on gas prices. They aren't kidding me, they don't want to pay the price because the huge deficit and they are willing to risk all to save a buck rather than address the real problems. Think about it, he's going to lift the requirements for different fuels to meet state standards, production costs will go down for oil company's and productivity will go up. Well guess what, those prices for gas sure as hell won't go down as fast as the went up. :mad:

twindouble
04-27-2006, 11:43 AM
TD, your "packet" is in the mail.:eek:

Seems I remeber hearing Bush say oil prices would pay for the Iraq rebuilding - wrong.
I remeber hearing about how gas prices would drop after the war...wrong.
I heard that our capacity was maxed out and that was what was driving prices up, so it that is true, what good will drilling in Alaska do, of off shore drilling? We should only create a backlog of crude waiting to be processed.
How about this - what percent of the world's oil did Iraq contribute before the war? How much are they contributing now? Did WE cause an oil shortage?

Seems that the real answer is "flexible."

From what I understand, Iraqie oil only accounted for about 3 to 7 percent of our imports if you belive the EXPERTS.:D It varies a lot, depending on how many times the pipe line gets blown up. :D

JustRalph
04-27-2006, 12:06 PM
http://www.cars.com/features/truthabout/gas/images/cost_breakdown.gif

Do a google search for "gas cost breakdown" or "gallon of gas breakdown"

you will find all you need to know..............

The oil companies make 8% of whatever the cost is. The cost goes up, they maintain their margin of 8% so their profits go up.

8% of 2.00 = .16 a gallon

8% of 3.00 = .24 a gallon.

As you can probably figure out, the lone entity that profits the most from Gas Sales is the Government!

twindouble
04-27-2006, 12:10 PM
http://www.cars.com/features/truthabout/gas/images/cost_breakdown.gif

Do a google search for "gas cost breakdown" or "gallon of gas breakdown"

you will find all you need to know..............

The oil companies make 8% of whatever the cost is. The cost goes up, they maintain their margin of 8% so their profits go up.

8% of 2.00 = .16 a gallon

8% of 3.00 = .24 a gallon.

As you can probably figure out, the lone entity that profits the most from Gas Sales is the Government!

Well of course but what they fail to mention is, EXXON profits are up 7% over a year ago, their CEO, made over a billion dollars over the last three years and will get another 600 million when he bails out. :D

twindouble
04-27-2006, 12:45 PM
I don't begrudge the States what they get in taxes as long they use the money for roads and bridges but they rape that cash cow like the Feds do. They are all a bunch of rapists including the oil company's.

Tom
04-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Ralph is right - profit about 8 billion for the firt quarter - on about 82 billion revenues. Banks make 19%. Household goods, 12%.
Clearly the most immediate and effective target for price relief is the tax piece of the pie. So what do our precious leaders offer us? A firggin BONE of $100. Is this the modern version of "let them eat cake?"

did anyone catch Neil Cavuoto interviewing Senator Turbin Durbin last night....hilarious was a dirtbag dimwit this guy is. Remeber, he is the one who called out troops nazis?
I suspect Neil wanted him on for batting practice.:lol:

twindouble
04-28-2006, 09:49 AM
Tom; To me it's very simple where we are at when it comes to OIL. We can no longer treat it like a commodity swimming around in a speculation market or being used as a tool to get rich. It's the life blood of our economy and most of all the back bone of our security. I know very well what will happen, these blow hearts in Washington will repeat the same things they did in the 70's and not take the drastic measures that are needed. Like 9/11 there will those that don't live in the real world will forget it ever happened until WW3 comes home to them. Yes we are in WW3 right now and it's energy driven. China from what I understand will be soon drilling for oil off the coast of FLA. :mad:

T.D.

JustRalph
04-28-2006, 10:44 AM
did anyone catch Neil Cavuoto interviewing Senator Turbin Durbin last night....hilarious was a dirtbag dimwit this guy is. Remeber, he is the one who called out troops nazis? I suspect Neil wanted him on for batting practice.:lol:

Cavuto's first question, "Senator, do you think with your zeal to save the environment, and some of these blended fuels that we have to have in order to meet these new environmental requirements, that, with the best of intentions, you're the one who is gouging Americans at the pump?"

DURBIN: You know, Neil, what you haven't mentioned in the whole show, oil company profits. Why isn't that part of your conversation? If ExxonMobil has now broken all records, in terms of corporate profits, if their CEO is given a retirement gift of $400 million, doesn't that bother you a little bit?

Cavuto: "When crude oil goes up and what they produce is something based on that crude oil, it's not a mystery their profits go up, right? So, you're not saying anything against the profits they are making, or are you?"

DURBIN: I'm not for nationalizing oil, if that's what you are suggesting.

CAVUTO: Then what are you for?

DURBIN: But there's no -- there's no correlation between the increase in the price of a barrel of oil and what we are paying at the pump. And if you want to know why, take a look at the corporate profits of the oil companies.

CAVUTO: So, would you tax those profits?

DURBIN: They're making money hand over fist.

CAVUTO: Would you tax those profits?

DURBIN: Absolutely, I would. Absolutely.

CAVUTO: Above and beyond what they want? Just like Jimmy Carter did in the 1970s, the same thing, right?

DURBIN: Well, I want to tell you something. A windfall profits tax would say to these oil companies once and for all, you can't rip us off at the pump day in and day out, for no good market reason, without a penalty. And the money should go back directly to consumers who are paying these outrageous prices for gasoline.

Cavuto: "Do you know how much, out of curiosity, senator, is billed into a gallon of gasoline, profits of the oil companies, per gallon? Do you know what's the average?"

DURBIN: ExxonMobil, what did they make in three months? It was $10 billion, if I'm not mistaken, the largest corporate profits in the history of the United States.

CAVUTO: Maybe you could answer my question. It's about 9 cents. Do you know how much taxes are, senator? About 50 cents.

DURBIN: Let me tell you....

CAVUTO: So, don't you think you should be more focused on the tax- gouging than necessarily the profit-gouging?

DURBIN: How do you explain their profits -- how do you explain their profits after taxes? You're ignoring that, Neil. You don't want to talk about it.

CAVUTO: Are you ignoring the taxes? Senator, I'm asking you simply, are you ignoring the taxes?

DURBIN: No. I'm telling you...

CAVUTO: Would you roll back those taxes?

DURBIN: .. the taxes pay for the roads that we use.

CAVUTO: Would you roll back those taxes?

DURBIN: No.

Cavuto: "So, 50 cents a gallon, those taxes are okay? The nine-cent profit, that's not okay?"

DURBIN: Oh, stop the 9 cents. Talk about ExxonMobil's record profits, my friend. Four hundred million dollars for their CEO, aren't you a little embarrassed by that?

CAVUTO: Are you worried, though, Senator, that you're mixing this argument here...

DURBIN: You didn't answer me, Neil.

CAVUTO: that, when people look at what is being paid for a gallon of gasoline, the problem, the oil companies are no saints, but you know what, Senator? I think you're a bigger sinner, because it's the tax gouging that is killing Americans, not necessarily the price of the crude.

DURBIN: Do you realize the sacrifice that people watching this program, to subsidize those profits?

CAVUTO: So, Senator, let me answer this. I'm no apologist for the oil companies. I think you know that. But when they were losing money.

DURBIN: I'm not sure.

CAVUTO: Wait a minute. Wait a minute, Senator. When they were losing money, and they were laying off workers, and they were shutting down plants, and you were doing nothing to encourage them to build refineries, now that they are making money, they are the evil guys, and you're not even acknowledging the problem with taxes, and you're saying they're the bad guys?

DURBIN: You know, Neil.

CAVUTO: So, Senator, I would just ask you, who is zooming who here?

DURBIN: Let me just tell you, Neil, if the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail, and from where you're sitting, every problem is about the government. The government messed it up again. Guess what? It's possible the private sector is gouging us. It's possible they are price-fixing. It's possible that they have these rapacious profits, at the expense of average businesses and farmers and families. And you got to accept it. It just may not be the government's fault.

lsbets
04-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Umm Dick - 50 is a lot more than 9.

Wish I would have seen that, Durbin has always been a moron.