PDA

View Full Version : Photofinish camera equipment

horseyracer1
04-21-2006, 02:07 PM
I have been searching online for a photofinish camera but haven't found something cheap. All the cameras I have found are like 9,000 dollars and up. Ive found finishlynx and omega electronics. I need something cheaper like 2-3 thousand or less. I just need a photofinish camera for quarterhorses. I wanted to know if you guys knew of any place to buy cheap cameras?

Ron
04-22-2006, 11:12 AM
Are you starting your own race track? ;)

Buddha
04-22-2006, 01:06 PM
maybe email or talk to tracks that might be upgrading. hell, maybe kee with going to be redoing the track would sell their old one and just put new in.

horseyracer1
04-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Yea Im starting my new race track and I needed a photofinish camera.

Steve 'StatMan'
04-22-2006, 04:59 PM
I imagine Hialeah has one they aren't using right now.

Did they sell off everything off at Garden State?

The older set ups you'd have to develop the film. I understand the modern ones use computers and likely digital photos.

kenwoodallpromos
04-22-2006, 05:25 PM
Exept for the trip light, woould a digutal video camera do the same job is positioned correctly? Of course, state laws would be in effect...

Macdiarmadillo
04-23-2006, 05:13 AM
Speaking of state law (or not), would you really be required to have a photo finish camera? The decision of the judges/stewards has always seemed to be the determining factor, particularly in the cases where the photo was screwed up or missed. Placings were made and there was never a "no contest" declared. And I'm talking about recent times, not pre-photo finish camera times. Might be some unhappy bettors, though, but there always are.

racingrev
04-23-2006, 06:35 AM
Yea Im starting my new race track and I needed a photofinish camera.

Contact..

dave@exposures.co.nz He is the man that handles all the finish linx for the top of the North Island in New Zealand...

If he can't help you himself, he'll point you in the right direction.. :)

DT..

hurrikane
04-23-2006, 08:02 AM
Speaking of state law (or not), would you really be required to have a photo finish camera? The decision of the judges/stewards has always seemed to be the determining factor, particularly in the cases where the photo was screwed up or missed. Placings were made and there was never a "no contest" declared. And I'm talking about recent times, not pre-photo finish camera times. Might be some unhappy bettors, though, but there always are.

It seems to me when Colonial Downs opened they did not use photo finish equipment.

horseyracer1
04-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Ok this is what I want the photocamera to do:

In my track there are just gonna be racing 2 horses at a time, sometimes 3. These are quarter horses. I dont need to take the time of the horses, just the photo finish of who won the race. It is just going to be for my own private use of my horses. The camera needs to work with my laptop, all digital.

I dont know if there is something cheap but im going to keep looking.

fouroneone
04-23-2006, 03:55 PM
check atlantic city race track, they might be closing this year

TravisVOX
04-23-2006, 05:57 PM
If you place the camera right on, and digitally record, you can use software to determine winner. Slow motion video looks clear in digital, just use a video editing software. The main thing is a finish line indicator, where is the finish? That's the obstacle.

ezpace
04-24-2006, 11:54 PM
having been raised around BUSH tracks,,, are you sure you're not just having match races in the morning before an after training hours/????and need a photo for the QH's .. LOL..... I've bet on quite a few of those.