PDA

View Full Version : This should scare you......

JustRalph
04-21-2006, 09:15 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12417998/

http://www.newprophecy.net/Mahmoud_Ahmadinejad_1.jpg

Read between the lines on this one. Envision 10 dollar an hour gas. Gas lines and power outages etc. It could all be very real. Very Soon.

Yet our government sits on its ass watching this happen. I am not advocating anything short of muscling this asshole out of power as soon as possible. I also want Congress to immediately open up Anwar and the rest of the country to exploration.

JustRalph
04-21-2006, 09:17 AM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20060420/capt.la11304202125.oil_prices_la113.jpg?x=290&y=345&sig=j_kqkQARfUAtlTg83AtrtA--

so.cal.fan
04-21-2006, 09:36 AM
Why does this guy remind me of Fidel Castro?
Messianic narcissistic megalomaniac? Think so. :( :mad:

Tom
04-21-2006, 10:49 AM
Oh, gorw up Ralph!
It is nowhewre near enough to mid term elections for our government to do anything about anything. Waddayathink, they represent US?

kenwoodallpromos
04-21-2006, 01:50 PM
All deisel engines can run on Veg oil with not much change- tell your fav track to run their John Deeres on leftover "freedom fries" oil!

toetoe
04-21-2006, 01:54 PM
I thought he was the new surgeon on ER. :D

kenwoodallpromos
04-21-2006, 02:31 PM
After the sanctions he will be the new Gilligan!
"Gilligan's Iran"!

lsbets
04-21-2006, 02:36 PM
Is that the Iranian version of a member's only jacket? Has he been watching "I love the 80s" on VH1?

twindouble
04-21-2006, 02:48 PM
This guy is wacko beyond belief! He's freaking living in centuries past but he sure as hell isn't stocking up on bow and arrows. First thing we should do is send as many left wing liberial over there we can for peace talks and kill two birds with one stone. :jump:

I'm sure Tom will approve.:)

Tom
04-21-2006, 03:43 PM
This guy is wacko beyond belief! He's freaking living in centuries past but he sure as hell isn't stocking up on bow and arrows. First thing we should do is send as many left wing liberial over there we can for peace talks and kill two birds with one stone. :jump:

:jump:

ljb
04-22-2006, 01:15 PM

I think we should send Bush over there. He can look into his eyes and see his soul like he did with Putin from Russia. Ya'll remember that one ?

ljb
04-22-2006, 01:16 PM
Oh, gorw up Ralph!
It is nowhewre near enough to mid term elections for our government to do anything about anything. Waddayathink, they represent US?
Tom, again you speak the truth. Your wisdom should not be hid under a cloak so much. Come join the enlightened ones. ;)

boxcar
04-22-2006, 01:48 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12417998/

http://www.newprophecy.net/Mahmoud_Ahmadinejad_1.jpg

Read between the lines on this one. Envision 10 dollar an hour gas. Gas lines and power outages etc. It could all be very real. Very Soon.

Yet our government sits on its ass watching this happen. I am not advocating anything short of muscling this asshole out of power as soon as possible. I also want Congress to immediately open up Anwar and the rest of the country to exploration.

Maybe we should be thinking instead of "muscling" our own corrupt politicians out of office who can only see far enough ahead to the next election. We have enough corrpution and wickedness on our shores to worry about.

The only reason this country hasn't had a coherent, rational, comprehensive national energy plan in place at least three decades or so ago is because the government has bankrupted this nation with its endless spending and we need the tax revenue that gasoline sales generate. Period. Follow the money!

The U.S. government no more wants to move away from oil (gasoloine) than it wants to prohibit the sales of tax revenue-producing tobacco that kills thousands annually and drives up the cost of health care to boot.

We have such a virtuous, compassionate, caring government, don't we? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Tom
04-22-2006, 04:09 PM
I heard on the radio yesterday that Bush once siad the US needed to "jawbone" with OPEC to get lower prices. Bush is jawing and WE are getting boned! Didn't hear who said it, but Inearly drove over the median on the Thruway!

I ageree - that last thing the government wants is cheap oil or alternative energy.

ljb
04-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Maybe we should be thinking instead of "muscling" our own corrupt politicians out of office who can only see far enough ahead to the next election. We have enough corrpution and wickedness on our shores to worry about.

The only reason this country hasn't had a coherent, rational, comprehensive national energy plan in place at least three decades or so ago is because the government has bankrupted this nation with its endless spending and we need the tax revenue that gasoline sales generate. Period. Follow the money!

The U.S. government no more wants to move away from oil (gasoloine) than it wants to prohibit the sales of tax revenue-producing tobacco that kills thousands annually and drives up the cost of health care to boot.

We have such a virtuous, compassionate, caring government, don't we? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Amen !

VicD
04-23-2006, 09:47 AM
This guy is the "Villain du jour".

We always seem to have one, especially when the White House is in some sort of trouble....
In Afghanistan, the Taliban was the "villain"...
Then Bin Laden became public enemy #1....
Then we switched to Hussein in Iraq...
The knucklehead in North Korea is interesting, and probably the MOST dangerous for us, yet we are not really looking at him right now...
Now we have this guy in Iran..
Bush will start another war soon to once again divert our attention away from the mess in Iraq....
It never ends with the guys that run the country... It's probably because it is NEVER their own kids and grandkids that fight and die or come back disfigured...
By the way, all I heard a year or two ago was that going into Iraq was going to be good for our interests in oil, and the price would stabilize or go down...
Gas will easily be $4/gallon this summer, so I guess that is out the window...
Did you say, "World demand for oil increases worldwide, hence the higher prices?" So now the analysts for the oil markets didn't know about increased demand, it somehow eluded them last year when looking at prices in the future??
This is all a bullshit shell game where we the public loses every time...
I am not some left leaning liberal, I just happen to think that Bush and Co. are a total disgrace, and when I was a politically active person I was quite conservative, and a Republican... Now I no longer care, as I realize that our leaders are doing NOTHING that would be in our best interests...
They do great things if you happen to be on the Board of Directors of any large company, Exxon/Mobil, Lockheed Martin maybe, or a large shareholder in one of these companies...
Otherwise, they just need your vote, and after that we are all disposable...

Tom
04-23-2006, 11:47 AM
You dismiss the Taliban and Bin Laden so lightly? Interesting.
Just what criteria do have for being a legitimate villan?

VicD
04-23-2006, 01:23 PM
The little scumbag that runs North Korea has his finger on the button, and we know that he does, and he is not our top priority... Did you ever think about that?? Are we waiting for China to deal with him?? Since when did we become best friends with China??
If China ever decides that they no longer like the relationship they have with us, that problem will make Iran and Iraq look minor...
Was there a national panic because Saddam Hussein said he was going to point and shoot his nukes at us?? I don't remember that if there was...
We couldn't find any of that in Iraq (Yes, he could have and probably did hide them in Syria), but the fact is none were found....
So Bush goes into Iraq, and one of the premises is that they have nuclear weapons... When they cannot be found, he says, "Oh well, I thought they were there". Meanwhile, thousands of our guys are killed, and likely tens of thousands are wounded... It sounds to me like you have dismissed that...
Saddam is a bad guy, so let's agree on that... But, he was a convenient villian to start a war that did not need to be started...
This guys in Iran will huff and puff, and that's OK, but by all accounts he is many years away from even being close to a nuke... Then , he would have to be able to deliver it, so he does not seem like the main concern here...
Bin Laden has already proven that a band of maybe a couple thousand people, if that, can intimidate what was once and still may be the greatest on the planet...Does that make any sense??
If so, then shouldn't we be REALLY AFRAID of what a country of 1.5 Billion + could do to us??
When you also look at the way we are crumbling from within, not the least of which has to do with ILLEGAL immigration, it is easy to see why we have become a mark for these other countries...
Now I am sure that the people who let Rush and Sean Hannity think for them would dispute what I say, and that's OK...
However, since I no longer subscribe to what either ersatz political party has to say (they are more similar than different today), I draw my conclusions for myself, and I believe if more of the general public tried to do the same, the lousy status quo we have politically in this country would cease to exist....
Remember, I don't think the aforementioned people are any good, I am saying that the timing of the conflicts is at best curious to me.....